Hanging By A Thread

Chapter 3

Earlier that day at school, when Eric called me Kar...I couldn't stop thinking about my mom and Madison and everything that happened before I moved. I don't know how he knew my nickname, but somehow he did. And I was going to find out how he knew it by any means necessary.

I was at home, and Aunt Keira came in to my room and asked me if everything was okay. I told her that everything was fine and that I was just tired. She believed me and left my room. That was one thing about Aunt Keira, she never really looked any deeper into things than what was on the surface. Basically she believes almost everything she sees or hears. So things between us weren't always clear or pleasant.

The next day at school was hard for me. Because I wanted to find Eric and ask him just HOW he knew my nickname, but I couldn't find him anywhere. Like he had disappeared. But at lunch, I was in line waiting to buy something to eat, and I saw him. Sitting at the table, that I usually sit at.
"Were you like sick or something? Is that why you weren't in English??" I asked.
"Sort of." he said and smiled.
"Oh. Okay" I said, a little disappointed in his answer. I don't know why I was disappointed but I was. And somehow he knew because then he said to me,
"Don't be so sad, I'm better now" he said and winked at me.
"Who said I was sad?! Besides I have a question for you" I said, noticing only after I spoke that I sounded somewhat defensive and mad.
"Okay shoot" he said.
"How did you know my nickname? And DON'T say you made it up because the only 2 people I ever let call me that were my mom, who's now dead, and my old friend, Madison, who doesn't live here. So how could you have known my nickname??!! It just doesn't make sense! I spent all night last night trying to figure it out and I just couldn't!!"
"I have my ways" he says smugly and chuckles at me.
"I want to know those ways then. I will do whatever it takes until I find out how you know so much about me when we haven't even met before until you transferred to this school" I told him.
"Well then make sure you have lots of time because I wont be telling you anything anytime soon" he told me and smiled.

At this point I just got up and walked away because I was tired of playing his mind games. But as I was walking away I could feel him grab my wrist, and I felt a weird sensation jolt through me. I jerked my arm away and walked to my car. But when I got to my car, I saw her. My best friend, Madison.
"Kar? Kar is that you??" she asked me in shock.
"Oh my god. Madi?! HIIII!!!!!" I exclaimed and wrapped her in a huge hug. And at this moment my mind overflows with memories and things that happened back at North Coral after I left. And without my knowledge, I started to tighten my grip on Madi.
"Kar. Kar! Kar I can't breathe!" she screams.
"Sorry Madi, I'm just so happy to see you!!" I tell her.
"Me too! But what happened to you?? you're clothes are so different and you got a new car too??" she says to me.
"Well as for my clothes, I couldn't handle the memories they brought back of that accident so I gave them to charity, and as for my car, yeah my Aunt Keira got it for me" I explained to her.
"Takara. You KNOW what happened wasn't your fault!! And seriously?! I LOVE your Aunt! Can she adopt me?!" Madi says and laughs.
"If it weren't for me distracting my mom from the wheel my parents would probably still be here. And I know I love my aunt too" I say and smile.
"Kar no matter what happened it was NOT your fault!! No matter what you think!" Madi says to me.
"Okay okay Madi I believe you" I tell her. Part of me did believe her but the other part just said that so she would shut up.
"Good. Now lets go home and introduce me to my new step mom" Madi said winking and laughing. I laughed with her and then we got into my car and I started driving us back to my aunts house.

By the time we had gotten there, Madi had enough time to fill me in on everything that happened back home with everyone else and she asked me about my new school and I told her all about it. I left everything about Eric out though, because if I so much as mention a boy Madi just goes off on this tyrant and it can get annoying.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't all of it yet because im going to add more when i can think of it but this is all i have for now :P