Sorrow's Story

Shot

“Gangs? Are you suicidal or something?” he looked at me crazy.

“No,” I rolled my eyes, “I like making a difference for the good people of Atlanta. Plus I have a grudge.”

“A grudge?” he clarified.

“Have you noticed that you ask a lot of questions?” I mocked but then sighed, “Yes a grudge. I was shot twice by a gang member when I was seven years old; I had to spend a month in the ICU and three surgeries because of it.”

Stupid powers decided to not work that day. Though I really shouldn’t blame them, it was my parent’s fault. They didn’t feed me, and my powers need energy in order to function properly. Let’s just say the bullets didn’t bounce back that time.

I frowned at the memory.

“Shot?”

I glared at him, “I was at the park, wrong place at the wrong time.”

“Where did you get… shot?”

I rolled my eyes and lifted my shirt slightly exposing my hip, pointing to the faded scar, “Here and,” I lifted my shirt a bit more, until it was just below my ribcage pointing to another scar a few inched above the other, “here, no please be quiet, I really don’t like you as it is, don’t give me another reason to push you into an alley and become a target point for all of those nice thugs.”

“Sarcasm is your worst quality,” he noted quietly, I wouldn’t have been able to hear it… if I was normal.

“And what’s my best?”

He, for once, had nothing to say, “Exactly. I have none.”

I sighed, stopping on a corner, and listened to whatever I could find.

“The blue… or the red?”

No.

“Good girl Missy!”

No.

“I can’t believe you did that!”

No.

“Now here is what we’re going to do. You better pay for this or I shoot your brains out.”

I got you.

I smiled and headed in the direction on the voice, Nathan following behind me.

There were a block and a half away, in a nearby alley. I ran down the alley on the opposite side of the building. I couldn’t climb up the wall, like I use to. No Nathan would freak out and blow my cover.

I sighed irritated as I pulled the fire escape latter, and climbed up to the roof.

“Keep your head down,” I ordered under my breath just loud enough for Nathan to hear.

I peeked over the edge of the building and saw five men. All dressed in black hoodies with a strange design on the back. All had tattoos covering their bodies. There was one tattoo that indicated what gang they were in, on the back of one of their necks was a thirty – the 30 Deep gang.

Dammit.

I looked more closely and saw familiar stranger.

The bastard who shot me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for a bit of the wait, I had to do a boat load of research on Atlanta gangs =P Thank you to Caite Caffeine for leaving her amazing comment!!!