Sorrow's Story

Sold

(Nathan’s P.O.V.)

“Why do you want to know that?” I asked confused.

“I don’t have to answer to you, but you have to answer if you want a second chance,” she glared at me.

“My mom’s friend sold it to me, it’s my fraternity,” I explained.

Her eyes suddenly got darker, almost black, just tinted blue.

“And who is your mother’s ‘friend,’” she hissed through gritted teeth.

“Lucinda Blithe,” I answered and saw in her eyes pure hatred blazed in her eyes and the black was spreading.

“Sorrow?” I asked touching her shoulder and it felt like an electric shock shot through my veins.

“Don’t. Touch. Me,” she hissed shaking in anger.

I immediately let go and then the clouds, very dark – almost angry clouds – roared in from the east.

“Sorrow?” I frowned, she didn’t turn around, and I walked around her to see her face.

Her eyes were black, totally and completely black with tears streaming down her face. Her fists were clenched and her knuckles were white as snow. Her dark hair cascaded around her.

She wasn’t Sorrow anymore.

Then she closed her eyes and started taking shallow breaths, and as she did the winds down and the clouds retreated. And when she opened her eyes and they were light blue with a tint of black around the edges.

She wiped her tears away and looked at me.

“What the hell was that?” I screamed.

She said nothing, just started walking past me.

“Hey!” I caught her arm and jerked her so that she was facing me.

“What. Was. That,” I demanded.

Sorrow sighed and then everything went black.

***

(Sorrow’s P.O.V.)

I frowned as I saw his body collapse onto the concrete sidewalk. I hated using that power on people. The power to take someone’s free will away from them, force them into anything without even realizing it. And I did that to Nathan, I took the memory of the few minutes away from him when he saw me… unstable. It was my newest power, I got it on my last birthday, so it’s hard using it and everyone that I have used it on fainted.

Every single year on my birthday, I would get another ability. They would be harder and harder to control, and I was afraid they would get to out of hand, and either I or some bystander would get hurt… or worse. My abilities would get stronger and stronger ever year, more dangerous. And I hate myself because of it.

I sighed as I looked back towards the house, the house that once held all my happiest memories. But it seemed darker now, lifeless without my grandmother’s warmth.

My grandmother was probably the only one who actually cared for me, despite what happened between my parents. She was the only one that was proud of me, she understood me. She died when I was eight of leukemia. In her will, she gave the house to me, and if I were to accept it when I was eighteen, the house would be rightfully mine. That made my parents hate me even then they already did, they would argue with my grandmother’s lawyer saying that I was unfit to have a house; her lawyer couldn’t do a thing about it. And when we were at home, they would both verbally and physically abuse me. I would not eat for days; they refused to feed me and told our servants if they fed me, they would fire them without a thought. Things were really bad that year.

I heard Nathan groan, and when I looked over at him he had a confused expression on his face.

“What happened?” he groaned holding his head, which had hit the hard pavement when he fainted.

“You tripped and fell, and the sidewalk knocked you out,” I lied getting up, “Come on, let’s get something to eat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What did Sorrow's parents do to get her grandmother upset? Why does Sorrow's parents hate her so much? Who is Lucinda Blithe? And how does she know Nathan's mother? Why did Sorrow give Nathan a second chance?

Hm hm hmmmm, so many questions so little time, ha ha ha!