Status: New story! Please read, and comment,and subscribe!

Don't Wake Me Up

First Impressions Always Count, Does It?

Chapter 1

“Do you still think that they are going to have the bread that they sell in Malaysia in here, seriously?”

“Why not,” She whined as she scouted around for the bread roll she wanted.

“Moron 11 year old,” I mumbled as I put the groceries on the cashier counter.

I heard a chuckle behind the counter so I glanced up from my groceries, “Hm, I've never seen you around here,” said the owner of the pair of mesmerizing blue eyes.

“No really...” I turned my attention back to the groceries as I unload them for him to check out.

Somehow he finds my remark amusing as he chuckled, again. “Yeah, really.”

I heard Iman from one of the aisle, still trying to find what she wanted, “Iman, get out here, bring your shit, I’m paying. We’ll find whatever it is that you want later. Mom is waiting. Sorry, my sister is being difficult. Yeah we just moved, like all the way from Malaysia,” I turned to the waiting cashier. I received a blank look. “Thought so, do you know where Singapore is? Yeah, it’s a country 1 hour away from there.”

“Oh. Well, you can’t blame me for failing Geo,” he laughed, “Well, I hope you enjoy it here.”

I cracked a smile. “Yeah, thanks. So how much is all of this?”

“That will be 30 dollars wait, plus your sister’s stuff?”

“Oh right, Iman, get your ass here, or you’ll pay for it for yourself.”

“Wait god damn it. Fine, here, but you’re going to help me find it later.” she came rushing to the counter.

“Find what?”

“Gardenia bread”

“A what?” he asked. Of course, he doesn't know.

“It’s just local brand bread from my country. You wouldn't’t know,” I smirk.

“Well, fine, but there is some other breads here, if you’d like a taste of my country,” he replied back.

Good answer. My eyes squinted at his, “Yeah, I would be delighted," I said, words dripping with sarcasm. "Yeah Iman, what he said.” This guy has a good sense of humor.

“OK so, that will be 32.60 dollars altogether,” he informed as I struggled through my purse trying to figure out which paper bill to use and which coins. “Um, do you need help?” he sounded amused.

I gave up and handed him my purse, “Fine, here.” I bit back my bottom lips to hide my embarrassment.

He looked at me bewildered, but regained his amused face back, “Wow well, that’s the first,” he said quietly, as if I couldn't’t hear.

“You’re such a loser Ira,” Iman teased me.

“So where do you live?” he asked as he put the money in the register.

“Depends, are you planning to stalk me?” I asked with a casual tone.

He held back a laugh, “Depends,” he replied back with the same tone.

“Roadside, Fifth.” I said, not giving anymore than that

His smile grew, “Oh, well I live right at the Eighth. Just a few walks away. Well Ira, nice name you got there, I’m Alex, and here is your purse.” He smiled as our hands brushed slightly while the purse exchanged hands.

“Thanks, and I don’t actually remember asking you your name and where you live…” I teased and gave him a smirk, trying not to blush as I grab hold of the grocery bags. He let out a loud laugh along with some words I couldn't’t make out of.

“Let’s go Ira!” Iman hurried out.

I turned towards the door but stopped as I heard him say “Nice to meet you, Ira”

“Yeah, nice meeting you too Alex,” I turned back, returning his sincere smile. I like this guy already.

“Oh really? OK well, if that’s so, interested in some gigs? He asked enthusiastically.

“I like music,” I said not giving away any of me.

“Great, do you wanna come to this gig my band is having at the Cafe later?”

I laughed, “Well it would really help if I actually know where ‘the Cafe’ is.”

“Oh, well I’ll pick you up later.”

“But you don’t even know where I live-,”

“Uh, yes I do,” he said matter-of-fact.

“Right, well, yeah I’ll think about it.”

“Nope, I’ll come to your house after I'm done with my shift. It’s around five or six o’clock.” He smiled brightly. Is he just always happy or what?

“Right, well good luck with that,” I mumbled my words under my breath it’s barely audible.

“What did you say?”

“Oh nothing, see you,” I said and quickly walk out of the door.

Iman was waiting impatiently with her grocery bag. “Done flirting Ira? I’m so telling mom this!”

“Whatever Iman, let’s get home.” Suddenly I felt excited to find out how today is going to go for me. And curious of why Alex was being very friendly to not-so-friendly me. But I pushed the second thought away as I try to find a way to get mom to let me go of with a stranger friend on my second day arrived in this country and first day arrived in this town.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song I listen to when writing this chapter: Perfect Weather by Represent
(I'll put songs in every upcoming chapter)
New story. I had an incredible dream the night before and it played out just like a story! I could smell and touch and everything, but it just had to end because my sister decided to wake me up, and I tried but I can’t re- dream this dream anymore. So I decided to make this dream a story so I can have an ending to it. Or I will go crazy trying to figure out what! Plus the dream only played out the first two days. So I’ll be making the future. ;) Enjoy!