Status: Hiatus

The Time Ring

We Have a Connection

Image

The Doctor was in front of the right door. He was wondering if he should open or not the door but curiosity got the best of him. It was dark when he entered. He grabbed his screwdriver and started to point it around for light. He walked straight, there was no wall. He could swear he entered another hall but when he enlightened the front he found something else.
"No way" There were perfect copies of Mousy's body at different ages. He walked closer to them, amazed. He touched the nose of one copy. "This is unbelievable" He mumbled. While he was curiously inspecting the copies, two red eyes opened suddenly.

With Mousy, things were getting uglier.

"So you're telling me that I am the only one that can control the Time Ring" The man nodded. He wasn't old but he didn't look too young either. He was somewhere in his mid thirties, maybe.

"I know about your friend, the Doctor. He's a very smart man. But he should learn that it's not safe to roam through a dark corridor. There might be" He stopped and smirked sadistically. "surprises"

The Doctor turned around when he felt a hand take hold of his own. There was nothing though. He turned again when he felt someone's hand on his back. This time, he came eye to eye with furious red orbs. His eyes widened and brought the screwdriver closer to his face. There was an angry copy of Mousy.

"Hello" He tried to act calm but the copy's eyes were dull. The Doctor ran out the door in the moment she took a step closer.

"Who the hell are you?" The man stared blankly at Mousy until his lips curved into a smirk.

"You are mine" Mousy raised an eyebrow. She was confused.

"Really, last time I checked I was mine" The man started to laugh loudly.

"Except the Doctor" Mousy chocked.

"Excuse me?!" She was shocked. Her eye started to twitch from annoyance. That guy surely knew how to push her buttons. "I think you misunderstood the facts" The man interrupted her.

"He is the only one that understands you. He knows how it is to have a lonely and long life ahead" She couldn't reply to that. The man was right."Don't get sad, Amanda. We won't let you go with him" Mousy was ready to say something back about using that name when she realized something else.

"We?" The man started to laugh again.

"You humans are so predictable" Mousy's eyes narrowed. "See? I already knew you'll do that. Anyway, you do not know what we are. Our specie has been a myth over years. We are called the gatekeepers" She took a step back.

"Leviathan?" He started to laugh. He seemed very amused.

"No, sweetie. That really is a myth. Leviathans are the gatekeepers of hell in humans' old mythology. We're real" She raised an eyebrow.

"Then what are you?" He rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"You didn't let me finish. You humans always go with what it seems. Like your dear father. He thought that was just a ring" Mousy rolled her eyes. She was growing very annoyed. She went closer to the computer screen and glared at it.

"It is a ring. Are you going to tell me about this long lost specie or not?" He scoffed and glared right at her.

"Why don't you go ask your dear Doctor? Right now, he's running like a scaredy cat. You should do too. In just a few minutes this place will blow up" She gasped.

"What do you want from me?" He looked down at her, his eyes changing to red. The man was possessed and the entity inside him was more than amazed with the human in front of him. He could feel his hands shaking slightly in excitement.

"She doesn't know anything about the ring" He mumbled. When she saw the ring glowing it was clear something was happening in the building. "Oh! it's too late" He laughed maniacally for the last time and the screen went blank.

"Dammit!" She started typing, hoping that the screen would open back but no chance. She was frustrated and started to punch and hit the computer.

"Mousy!" She didn't have to turn her head to realize that the Doctor found the secret entry. He looked around. There were tables thrown in the wall, glasses on the floor, everything was turned upside down. He glanced back at her. "What happened here?" She didn't say a word. "Amanda, what happened here?" She had her eyes closed tightly. She sighed and opened her eyes. She was trying to control her emotions.

"We don't have time" She glanced at him over her shoulder and gave an almost unnoticeable smile. "We'll be thrown somewhere in time and space" The Doctor looked incredibly at her.

"What?!" She sighed again. There was no time to deal with him. She was going to tell him when they were going to escape the trap. She walked to him and grabbed his hand. She dragged him out of the lab and into the hall. He was still uncertain of what was happening.

"The creature said that he is a gatekeeper" The Doctor was shocked.

"But they died! All of them! The gatekeepers died" Mousy rolled her eyes and punched him slightly.

"What are these gatekeepers? They are not leviathans, right?" He started to pace around the hall.

"No. That's impossible. They disappeared a few years after the Time Lords. The fact of them still being alive is most likely very improbable" He glanced back at Mousy and went to her. He shook her and she glared at him, taking his hands off her wrists. "Are you sure you heard right?"

" That's what he said. 'The gatekeepers'" He nodded.

"Look. We don't have much time left. Take this" He was shocked to see her taking the ring off, easily. She took his hand and put the ring in his palm. "We're going to be separated. Other lives, other years, other relationships, other people. The ring is the only way you can find me. Doctor" She started very serious. "Do not give this ring to anyone else but me. You risk to either destroy that person or me" He nodded. "We won't remember each other" She pointed at the ring. "You will be human and I will probably die in a few weeks. That's why you have to find me fast"

"I won't remember you. It's not going to be easy" She nodded

"We have a connection" His face was priceless. She rolled her eyes."Not like that. You are the last Time Lord; always will be. I have the last Time Ring. Through a coincidence I have the last active Time Ring. I don't even know why" They both felt some type of electricity go through them and their eyes widened in pain. Their hearts, brains, bodies hurt because that gatekeeper transported them into a situation with no easy way out. It was up to them to save each other and Mousy's past.
♠ ♠ ♠
The gatekeepers are invented and i know i used the myth with leviathans in TBV too but heh:D I like them.
Oh and comment!:)