Status: Hiatus

The Time Ring

Headache

Monday morning Richard woke with a headache. The day before, his fiancé started to complain about one thing or another. He couldn't believe that was actually the woman he fell in love with. Lately, he wasn't sure of anything. The wedding was one of the first things he became undecided of. He didn't know how that happened. He just felt different. His mind started to wonder everywhere except his actual life. When he arrived at school, his head was pounding.

When he entered the class for his usual English hours he was awaiting for the same routine, but he had a surprise. The entire hour Amanda was smiling and talking wto her classmates; she was throwing small pieces of paper to her female friends or flipping some boys off. He couldn't take his eyes off her. Every time there was a break in the lesson he would glance at her. At the end of the lesson, he forgot about his headache completely. Staying around her made his mind go blank.

"Amanda, stay behind" The girl turned to her teacher and walked back in the classroom. She decided to sit on one of the front desks. "Where is your homework, little lady?" He asked in a playful tone that sent a strange vibe into her mind. She shrugged like nothing was wrong.

"The dog ate it?" Richard raised an eyebrow bemusedly. "Doesn't work, huh?" He shook his head.

"Not at all. You know why? Because I helped you with it" She shrugged again, as innocently as before. "For tomorrow you have homework. Let's hope you'll make it and take it with you" She shrugged. She couldn't really do anything else. She didn't know what, in the first place. He was so nice with her while back in time he was a jerk. Was it just because she fell asleep in his class? No, it was stupid. But, it seemed that stupid reason was indeed the answer.

"Am I allowed to go now, sir?" The teacher looked deeply at Amanda. She felt herself shiver under his intense gaze. "Sir?" She walked closer to him. "Professor Richard?" Richard's mind clicked in a different way.

"Mousy?" The girl took a step back in surprise. The name he spelled out came unconsciously. His eyes widened and glanced at the shocked student.

"Mousy?" She mumbled. "Mou-sy" Her eyes widened and snapped at her teacher. "Doctor?"

The man was shocked. He didn't know what to say or how to act. That girl, Mousy. That man, the so called Doctor. Who were they? How did Amanda know about them?

"Who are you?" He asked his own student. That was everything he could think about in that moment.

His mind was blank. There was nothing. Not even the weird memories he didn't recognize. Amanda was speechless. Did he actually ask her that? She should be the one asking questions.

"Me? Who are you? What do you know about Mousy?" Richard's mind was going overdrive. They needed to talk seriously about what was happening in their lives. They needed to have that discussion as soon as possible. He grabbed her hand and dragged her to his car. Some students turned their heads and watched the unexpected view.

The ride stopped abruptly somewhere secluded. It was rather close to the forest. The teacher wasn't thinking clearly. He just felt that he had to take her there and talk. It was weird even for him to be led by some unknown source.

"Look, I don't know what's wrong with you I just want you to tell me what you know about this Mousy character" Amanda furrowed her eyebrows and thought about a response.

"Why do you ask about her? How do you know her?" He sighed and leaned back in his seat.

"I will be sincere with you, Amanda. I have dreams, nightmares, and this girl is always there. One way or another, she's connecting me to you" Mandy suddenly found her hands more interesting than his face.

"You're not alone. Definitely not alone. There's someone who understands you better than anyone. You just have to look after him. He might be closer than you think"

What Mousy said was still fresh in Mandy's head. She knew there was someone who could help her; she knew about Richard White.

"Mousy. She's the girl from my dreams" Richard looked rather surprised. "I have them too. That's why I can't sleep. I feel trapped here. I feel like I'm wanted in other places but I am here. I want to get out but something's keeping me here. A watcher. I need help and you're the savior. Mousy told me she's me" Richard stared deeply at the younger girl. "You are the saviour"

"But that's illogical. It can't be true. You are Amanda Johnson, my student. And I am Richard White, your English teacher. I'm going to get married. I- -" Amanda's head raised in a second.

"Can you show me the ring?" He stopped and stared at her. "Please" He nodded and gave it to her. In the moment she touched it she heard a faint whisper. She couldn't make out what it was saying but it sounded so helpless. "You can't use this ring" She was dead serious and Richard's face fell instantly.

"You can't tell me what to do with this object. I'm the older one here" Amanda huffed.

"Stubborn as always" She mumbled. She gave him the ring and got out of the car.

"Where are you going?!" She glared at him over her shoulder and started to walk faster. "Amanda! Come back here!"

"No! Do I look likeI am helpless? I tell you, NO. Stop acting high and mighty! I do what I want. I want answers and I will get them" The man was speechless. That girl was definitely something different. He felt the need to smile but he refrained it.

"What are you going to do?" She pointed to herself and to the forest. Richard glared at her.

"No. No, no, no, no" He waved his hands in a negative manner. "No. You, little missy, will go straight home or in detention. We'll talk about this later" He wanted to walk towards her and grab her hand. He wanted to force her to get in the car and take her home. But, really now. How could he do that if he had to deal with a stubborn, feisty teenager? It was impossible.

"Do I look like I care?" She asked and pointed to her face. "I don't even bother to listen to your nuisances. I am old enough to think for myself. I want to figure my situation out. If you think your problems will be done after you propose your little girlfriend then alright! But if you use that ring before I find out what's the deal with it, you will regret" The girl entered the forest furiously while Richard remained there. He couldn't believe it! He glared at the forest.

"I can't believe I'm doing this" He sighed and walked after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. And it's loong:D
Hopefully, you guys will comment or something. It gets interesting, even for me to write haha