Status: Hiatus

The Time Ring

Searching

Image

The forest itself was normal. Nothing actually changed from Amanda's last visit.

"Slow down! Do you even know where you're going?" Amanda felt a little weird. Like this should've happened differently. Richard got in line with her and breathed heavily. He was tired.

"You know,it's weird. I feel like you should be in my place and I should keep up with you" She stopped and turned to him. He almost fell when he realized she stopped. "I like the Doctor. You don't seem to be as stubborn and different as him. You're naïve. The Doctor from my dreams was intriguing. You're boring" Suddenly, he felt inferior. He scoffed and walked past Amanda further into the forest. She rolled her eyes and went after him. "Do you even know what we're searching for?" He stopped and hummed.

"Actually, there is something I've always wanted to look for" She raised an eyebrow and looked curiously at him.

"What?" He grinned. "Hello? What are we searching for?" He faced her with bright and excited eyes.

"Something weird" She stared at him blankly.

"You're kidding me, right?" He shook his head and ran off. She glared at her teacher and ran after him.

They didn't find anything weird. They didn't find anything at all. Richard was somewhat tired and Amanda was annoyed. She wanted answers but there was nothing.

"I'm going home" She was sick of the dreams and that Mousy character. She just wanted to go home and lay in bed. Richard glanced at her worriedly. In some way, he was happy that she decided to give it up. On the other hand, he knew it wasn't over.

"I guess I should take you home. There's nothing here. We have just wasted time" She scoffed and headed towards the exist. However, Richard didn't follow.

He felt something when she left. It was tugging at the back of his mind. It was somehow screaming for his attention. He headed on the opposite direction and didn't stop until he came face to face with a huge tree. It was the biggest he has ever seen, he was sure of that. Also, he was sure it wasn't a normal tree. He walked closer to it and put a hand on it. It didn't feel natural either. Actually, it was hard and cold. It felt like metal. His eyes inspected it a few times until he chose to leave. But, he was going to come later and investigate.

Amanda didn't have hhe same luck as Richard. When she got out of the forest, her head started to hurt and the voices returned.

"Amanda…"

"You found it"

"We found you"

"Tick, tock, tick, tock"


She couldn't bear for long. It was so loud and her mind couldn't afford the stress. She was sure she was going to faint again. One voice was more optimistic than the others. One familiar voice.

"Look at the stars. Take the ring. Wear the ring"

That was all she could understand. Her mind was already going crazy.

"Amanda? Are you alright?" She heard his voice and instantly raised her head to look at him. In her eyes, the black and old costume was transforming into something else. His matching black coat was getting brown. He was changing. She was seeing in him what she wanted and needed in that moment: a saviour.

"I-I need the Doctor" He frowned. Her eyes changed. Her inner self was trying to get out. Her head felt like it was going to split in two. "Help me. Don't let me die"

Richard didn't know what to do. He had a student who looked like she was going to get unconscious very soon and he didn't know what to do. Finally, he grabbed her bridal style and put her in the back seat of the car. He had to get her home.