Status: Hiatus

The Time Ring

Smarter Then It Looks

Image

The Doctor wasn't really looking for anything strange. He knew it would be pretty obvious if something would happen. He chose to enjoy the moment after realizing Maya disappeared in the mass of people. However, his free time stopped when he caught the glimpse of a cyber man.

Maya didn't really know what to do alone but she knew she had to do something. She sighed and looked around for something to help her. She did notice something. She went into a shop and looked around for a plastic gun that shot with small balls. She took two. She bought some more wires and other things. She took them all and went to a small cafe ready to try out her idea.

Meanwhile, the Doctor was looking for answers. The only time he had seen cyber men was in the alternative dimension, where Rose was with a human version of him. When he looked at Maya, he couldn't ignore how much she reminded him of his companions. She was curious, she wanted to absorb as much knowledge as she could and she had that sparkle that each of his companions had. Anyway, back to present, the Doctor looked around to find something that he could use as a weapon, except his screwdriver. He saw something that looked like a gun. He bought one. It was a water gun.

"At least it's something" He mumbled while trying to find Maya, again.

He spent half an hour looking through the crowd yet there was no sign of her. He looked over the tree and saw it was almost done. There was just a small portion unenlightened. The cyber men were getting closer. When the last part enlightened, people around caught glimpse of them.

"You must be upgraded. Those who resist will be deleted" That was what they were saying. Humans didn't really take them seriously but after they started to kill some of them, they panicked. Humans were running and screaming. The cyber men made a circle around the crowd.

The Doctor stood alone somewhere on the side, watching. One cyber man noticed him.

"Delete. Delete" The Doctor was sick of that robotic voice already. He had dealt enough with them.

"Stay back! I have a gun!" The cyber man didn't listen and the Doctor started to shoot with water. Of course, the water didn't reach the cyber man. The Doctor stared incredibly at the small toy in his hand and started to shake it. "Come on. Come on!" Nothing. "Uh-oh" He said ready to take his screwdriver out. Fortunately for him, someone threw something on the cyber man and it stopped.

"Doctor!" The so called man turned around to see Maya running to him, a gun in her hand. She stopped when she reached him and huffed. "Whew. I'm kind of tired of running around" She looked at the cyber man. "We should back off" She mumbled. Before the Doctor could protest, Maya took his hand and led him a few feet away from the cyber man. Right on time, the robot exploded.

"What's that?" He asked pointing to the gun in her hand.

"It's a toy gun that shoots with small balls. I changed it a little and now the balls have an energetic pulse that kind of electrocutes whatever they fall on. I also used chewing gum to keep the wires connected to the ball. It seems super glue isn't that super anymore. Plus, it helps the ball stick to whatever it's shot on" The Doctor stared surprised and quite dumbstruck at her. "I wanted it to just block its signal and immobilize them but it seems they blow up" She shrugged. "I guess it works that way too" She glanced at the Doctor's hand. "What's that?"

"A water gun" She raised an eyebrow. "It sounded like a good idea but it seems the water jet isn't powerful enough to shoot over 10 cm" She stared at him.

"Seriously" She said sarcastically. "How did you stop them the last time?" The Doctor rubbed his chin.

"There was a signal controlling them from a zeppelin. I don't see one here and we destroyed them all then. The second time we just transported them into void" Maya looked surprised at him.

"Second time?" He didn't seem to be attentive. He was staring at the sky. "What are you looking for?"

"How did the cyber men arrive here?" He asked out loud. Her mind was wondering elsewhere.

"Doctor?" He was still in his own world. "Doctor!" He flinched and looked at her. "Until we find a way to get them all, take this" She handed him the second gun. He looked -again- quite surprised.

"There has to be something" Maya nodded and started to copy his actions.

That, until the Doctor took her hand and sprinted down a small alley. She glanced over her shoulder and saw cyber men come after them. Her grip on the gun tightened and she fired a few gum electric balls. Three of the cyber men exploded making a few near them blow too. The two stopped and hid behind a garbage can.

"How did you make these?" He asked pointing down.

"My mother taught me how to make things. It kept me distracted" The Doctor looked expectantly at her. she blinked innocently. "I was a lonely kid" She shrugged like it was nothing. "Now. What do you know about cyber men?"

"They were created by John Lumic, a pretty ill genius a while back. They have been humans once and they still have an organic system. They are coldly logical and calculate everything. They want to upgrade every human on Earth. They tried twice but I was there" Maya rolled her eyes hearing the cocky tone of the Doctor.

"So this lunatic created them. Now I guess he's dead?" The Doctor nodded. "There are no zeppelins around, no planes, nothing that could transmit signals" Maya's head bent while Doctor's head rose quickly.

"Yes! I know!" Maya jumped slightly. "I can't believe I forgot about them"

"Enlighten me" He looked back down at her with a smiley face and got up. He sprinted in the opposite direction. Maya got on her feet and ran after him, completely left out.

The Doctor led her back to the Academy.

"Why are we back here?" The Doctor ignored Maya completely. She could feel her left eye twitch. The Doctor was ready to enter the Academy when Maya stopped him. "Tell me what is on your mind first. After that, I'll leave you do whatever"

"The anthems! That's from where they get the signal. Someone must have found a way to transport them here. But even so, it was impossible. They were in the void" Maya let the Doctor mumble to himself and opened the door. She grabbed the Doctor and took him to the Informatics Room where all the computers were. She took a seat in front of one and glanced at him.

"What do I have to look for?" The Doctor leaned over her shoulder, thinking.

"There has to be a source. Think Doctor who would do something like this and why? Agh!" Maya flinched. The Doctor was screaming right next to her ear. "I hate it when I have a block!"

"I bet you have a pretty fucked up mind" Maya mumbled but the Doctor wasn't listening. She rolled her eyes and started to search for police clues. Of course being in an Academy it wasn't too easy to go and hack. Maya tried everything but she needed more help. "I can't do this" The Doctor's head snapped towards her.

"And now you thought to change your mind?!" Maya rolled her eyes and turned around the chair. She got up and pushed the Doctor back slightly.

"I didn't change my mind. I can't hack the police and search for a weird transmission without time and we don't have it. I have to do this from home, where I have everything already prepared" The Doctor quirked an eyebrow. "What? Can't a human hack sometimes in someone else's business?" She looked so innocent that made the Doctor amused. "Look. I'll go home and search for the signal and try to stop it while you go and save everyone, battle with cyber men, all that dangerous stuff"

"Sounds alright to me" They both nodded and went on their separate ways. "Don't get killed!" The Doctor yelled before Maya got out of his sight.

Maya ran down the street she was living on. It wasn't easy seeing as cyber men were scattered everywhere. It seemed there were more robots than she thought.

"Delete" She saw a small kid just one foot away from death. She narrowed her eyes and shot the cyber man.

"Get out of there!" She yelled. The kid ran right on time. The cyber man exploded. She sighed relived until she remembered her mission. She took a different route than the one she was used to. She was running through different alleys when she saw her ring glowing."What the" She slowed down and pointed the ring around herself, kind of like the Doctor pointed his screwdriver. The ring went crazy when she swayed it over a van like the one they used for transmitting the live news. "Wait a minute that's it" She walked closer to the van and placed her ear on the door. She heard movements inside. She glanced at the roof and saw the anthems turned towards the van. "Found you" She smirked and got ready to enter, or more specifically, to wait for whoever was inside to leave.

Meanwhile, the Doctor didn't really succeed to save people. Good amounts were either dead or close to it.

"Help!" One girl yelled. Cyber men were walking towards her. The Doctor didn't hesitate a moment to shot two of them. The rest exploded as well granted to their close range.

"You saved me!" The girl looked at the Doctor with grateful eyes. It was times like these when he felt happy to be the Doctor.

He got up quickly and shot at more, destroying some groups as well. When he needed it the most, the gun malfunctioned. The cyber man was walking towards the Doctor. He was shaking the He huffed and threw it away. The cyber man was not even a foot away.

"You don't want to do this" The Doctor took a step back.

"You aren't compatible. You need to be deleted" The Doctor's annoyance grew as he didn't have anything to fight with. He grabbed the long forgotten water gun and fired it at the cyber man. At first there was no reaction but when he was ready to move, he couldn't. The Doctor fired once more and the cyber man stopped completely.

"Useful indeed"
♠ ♠ ♠
Again...I'm kind of new to all this Doctor Who thing because i was pretty...busy with other obsessions so go easy on me...
Comment!