Status: Hiatus

The Time Ring

Saving London

Image

Maya was still outside the van.

"Doesn't she or he need a bathroom break" When she was more than ready to enter and knock off the one inside, the door opened. Her eyes widened and she looked around frantically. In the end she hid behind the thrash cans. The person who walked out was around 30 years old. He got out and walked on the opposite side.

The van was empty. Finally, she could enter and satisfy her curiosity. She moved to the front and glanced warily around her. When she saw it was safe enough she entered.

"Wow" The van was fully equipped with computers and had live transmission through satellite. "Alright. Now let's see your secret plan that's not very secret anymore" She furrowed her eyebrows at her own illogical words and shook her head. She had to get down to business. "Let's see" She started to type like crazy and go from a computer to another. The moving chair was very useful.

Her eyes widened gradually when she figured out his plan. She took out her phone and realized she hadn't seen the Doctor with one.

"Dammit" She mumbled. She closed her eyes and sighed. She was still trying to figure a way to contact the Doctor when someone covered her mouth. She panicked when she smelled chloroform. She tried to scream but couldn't. Maya tried to stay awake but she inhered the smell already. She fainted.

She opened her eyes a few hours later. At first her vision was blurry but she was able to see the man back in his seat.

"So that's your plan? Destroy everyone and re-construct your perfect world? Do you even know what cyber men are?" The man turned around. His cold piercing green eyes made Maya think about her father. The same eyes he had when she was messing with his stuff.

"Of course I know! They are the future. No feelings, no hurt and no regret" Maya got on her knees and realized her hands were tied tightly behind her back.

"So that's what it is about. Must have been harsh if you transformed into a lunatic with a perfect vision of the world" He glared at her.

"Not for too long. Everyone will be upgraded" Maya raised an eyebrow. She glanced at her ring to see it glowing an unusual blue color. She tried to get the knot undone and surprisingly, it wasn't very hard. That guy was for sure a beginner.

"What about you?Having no feelings, thinking logical as a mathematician means they won't care about you. You will be upgraded too" She started, thinking that maybe she would get a few more minutes to get her hands free.

"And what? I will be their leader so I will have to become one too. There is nothing wrong, I've anticipated everything" She rolled her eyes. Her lips curved into a slight smirk when she felt her hands free to go to the toy gun She took it out and sneaked behind him. When he turned to look at her, Maya hit him with the gun. Pretty hard. She massaged her wrist, moving them in circles until she felt the blood rush freely again. She looked down at the still anonymous man and checked for his pulse. It was fine. He was only unconscious.

"Now, for the important part" She went back to work. From the corner of her eye, she noticed her ring glowing that blue light again. "Is there some damage done or what?"

The Doctor was running from a cyber man and just hid around a corner when his screwdriver started to glow on its own. He heard a voice coming from it and put it closer to his ear, like a phone. "Maya?"

"Doctor?" Maya was quite surprised. It didn't happen before, but then again, she didn't really meet Time Lords before. "Doctor I found out what's the source. I'm kind of in it"

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Maya rolled her eyes. The Doctor started to run again, though. There were many cyber men to dodge.

"I'm in a van near my apartment and this guy is blacked out for a while but that's not important" The Doctor's face changed from worried to annoyed and to interested; everything while he was still running. "This guy found a small door to the void"

"That's impossible! There aren't doors to the void! Not from this world, at least!" The Doctor's most annoying enemies were getting even worse. One almost electrocuted him! "By the way, your gun toy didn't work out very well. The water gun has been a good friend, though" Maya rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, I can stop the cyber men from here. It even has an instruction book" She was grateful for that. "But you have to get them out of there or make them explode. You choose"

"So you're telling me I have to get them all together?" Maya furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yes. That's exactly what I said but in more words" The Doctor nodded and glanced behind. "Any ideas how?"

"One. Hopefully working" Maya nodded.

"Alright. I'll stop the frequency right about" she pushed a button. "Now. Save London Doctor" The Doctor smirked.

"Don't I always?" He put the screwdriver back in his coat and glanced back. There were a few cyber men but most of them were already walking in other directions. He ran on the street when he saw the same girl he saved behind a garbage can. He ran to her and leaned closer to her ear. "Can you do me a favor?" The girl looked deep into his eyes and nodded. "Do you see the cyber men there? Tell them that people accept to be upgraded in the main building of the Academy" Her eyes widened in fear. "Come on. You can do this" She nodded slowly and walked to one of them. The Doctor stood there watching.

Maya was more than surprised when she saw crowds of people and cybermen going to the Academy. She glared at her ring.

"That's your big plan?! What about the warm lives?" The Doctor felt the screwdriver vibrate and shine. He heard clearly what Maya said.

"Just trust me" Maya stared blankly at the screen.

"Don't you think that you want a little too much from the first day?" The Doctor smiled.

"Nope. Now be a good girl and tell me what's happening" Maya's eye started to twitch again.

"They're entering the Academy. You have enough time to get the humans out of there" He rolled his eyes but got up and ran towards the Academy. Seeing himself in front of the entrance he didn't really know what he should do next. Maya rolled her eyes. "If you're a Time Lord you should have some extraordinary knowledge, right?" She mumbled. The Doctor rolled his eyes and opened the doors.

"Now what?" Maya watched the cyber men gather in front of the humans.

"Now we let the show begin" She mumbled and pushed more buttons. She sent information through the new opened signal. "Get people as far away as you can from them" The Doctor tried but people were too scared and loud. Gratefully, that girl he saved helped. "You have a fan"

"What did you send them?" The Doctor was quite curious. Maya was a very unpredictable girl as he'd seen.

"You said they don't have feelings. I just sent them some. Romantic movies, romantic comedies and everything I could find about romance" The Doctor chuckled. He backed off when he saw them move. They started to tremble out of so much contradictory information. Nothing made sense anymore. She leaned back on the chair and watched through the satellite. "Get the people out of there. The building will collapse" The Doctor nodded and glanced at his fan.

"Everyone" There was a short silent moment. "Run to the exit!" The hell broke loose and people started started to push themselves to save their lives. The building did collapse and the cyber men exploded. The happy part was that everyone was safe now. Maya looked down at the guy and smiled sadly. Her ring started to glow green. Maya moved the ring closer to his forehead and the light became brighter. After a few seconds, it came back to normal and the human woke up.

"What. Where am I?" Maya stared blankly at him. "Do I know you?" She shook her head and got up. She opened the door and left.

The people didn't seem to remember what happened after an hour. Maya ended up walking with the Doctor.

"I'm surprised. You acted as if you've done it before" Maya looked at the Doctor, one eyebrow raised.

"Do you feel threatened?" He started to laugh.

"Neah. You're just a kid!" Maya's eye twitched again. She stopped and grabbed the Doctor by his sleeve.

"Look. There is something you need to know" He raised his own eyebrow. "My real name is Mousy Cavington. You assumed I was 18 years old and a student because I was around the Academy but you were only half right"

"You should go to school" Maya rolled her eyes.

"Not that part. I'm actually 25 years old" The Doctor looked closely at her. After a moment of silence he started to laugh. Her eyebrow twitched again and she narrowed her eye at him. "I'm serious! My mother was a scientist. After her guinea pig died she did her experiments on me. She wanted to find a way to stop ageing. She succeeded to find a way to slow down the ageing. I'm the result. I grow from five to five years. Do you understand what I say?" The Doctor watched Mousy as if he could see in her mind; which he could.

"Yep" He said coming back to normal. "When you are me, you learn how to believe" Mousy rolled her eyes. "So your name is Mousy? Like a mouse?" She glared at him and pushed him playfully. The Doctor laughed and pushed her back.

"That's another story to tell. Are you going to take me with you?" They were already in front of the TARDIS. The Doctor opened the door and glanced at her over his shoulder.

"Do you want to?" She glared playfully at him. He smiled and she walked beside him.

"Well let's see. I'm perceptive and fun. I think I may be of some help" The Doctor shook his head and laughed. He opened the door wider, for her to enter. Her eyes widened when she saw what was inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one because i just got inspired...and bored.
Hopefully, someone will comment in the near future...please? :D