Status: Hiatus

The Time Ring

Comfort

The next day, Mousy woke up in the early morning. She was excited and the Doctor was freaked out. She was smiling without a reason and she was applying make up. That was a weird sight.

“Did you get some disease?” She rolled her eyes and pushed him playfully.

“I’m getting ready. Today comes my brother”

“And why are you getting all pretty for?” She stopped and put the cream on the table. He raised an eyebrow and placed his hands into his pockets.

“Because” She didn’t really know why. Probably because she heard he will bring someone along. Or maybe it was because she didn’t want him to see how much she didn’t age.

“Because?” She tried o look at her reflection in the mirror instead of his amused face. “Is there someone tagging along?” She gulped. “It is, isn’t there?” He was teasing her. He walked right behind her and placed his head on her shoulder. “Is it someone you fancy?” She groaned and pushed his face away.

“No. Today we have to prepare the house for the party. The people who come and help Jeremy are his age. I don’t want a bunch of college students to make fun of me. I need to look good”

“You are a college student, as well” She scowled and the Doctor’s grin only widened. He ruffled his hair and turned around. He started to pace through the room and play with his screwdriver. He was thinking about something and she could see him in the mirror.

“What’s wrong?” She didn’t have to turn in order to see him. Therefore, she continued to apply eyeliner.

“Huh? Nothing happened” He glanced at the door and scrunched his nose. “At least not yet” She raised an eyebrow and placed the eyeliner on the table. Next she was going to apply powder.

“And what’s going to happen? I’m going to be eaten by a giant crow?” The Doctor blinked rapidly and looked at her.

“You never know” She finished her make up and walked towards him.

“There is no giant crow nearby. If I will see one I will be sure to push you forward and let it eat you first while I will run away” She smiled cutely and patted his arm. The Doctor didn’t look amused at all. She rolled her eyes. “I’m joking, Doctor. I have the ring so I will be safe” It didn’t sound very reassuring to him.

When Mousy walked downstairs, her brother was only entering the house. Jeremy looked like a younger version of Victor. He was tall and skinny yet he looked like he could fight and actually win against anyone. He had a different aura than his father. He wasn’t the type to search for adventure like his sister. He seemed very calm and normal.

“Jeremy! It’s been some time” Mousy was very small next to her brother. Jeremy was around the Doctor’s height. His face was blank until he saw her. His face brightened instantly and he hugged her tightly. The Doctor smiled. They were definitely very close to each other.

“Hey Mouse. I’d like to say you got older and have wrinkles but you look the same” She punched him in the arm playfully and laughed. Jeremy’s eyes moved onto the Doctor. “Are you her boyfriend?” The Doctor started to laugh. He was the same as Mousy.

“Yes I am. You are her brother” He nodded and walked closer to him. They shook hands and Jeremy pulled the Doctor into a manly hug. Mousy laughed loudly. The Doctor didn’t seem comfortable and didn’t know how to react.

“Hey, Jeremy! Are you going to leave your luggage to me?” Mousy’s head snapped towards the front door. She knew that voice.

“Uh-oh. I’m busted” The Doctor was confused. There was a handsome and young guy who entered the living room and Mousy’s face became pale. “I invited Matt to the party just in case you were going to sulk again. I didn’t think you’d bring someone this time” Jeremy looked guilty but not really.
Matt left the luggage near the couch and walked closer to them. He stopped in front of Mousy and they stared at each other in silence.

“Hy. It’s been some time, right?”They were awkward. Mousy blinked. Jeremy bit his lower lip and watched in silence. The Doctor was old enough to know who that guy was.

“I”

That was the only thing she could say. She was completely blown by the fact that her younger brother asked her childhood friend and lover to her aunt’s party. She opened her mouth, ready to say something else but she closed it quickly. There were a lot of things she wanted to ask him but
she couldn’t.

“I am Mousy’s date, by the way. Just call me the Doctor” Thankfully, he saved her. He walked behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders. He rubbed them slowly, trying to calm her down. She wasn’t necessarily looking mad or sad. She was blank which was, in fact, a very bad sign.

“Oh. I didn’t know she had a boyfriend. I am Matt, her childhood friend” The younger man was innocent. He didn’t seem to know the truth about her or her family. Looking up into the Doctor’s eyes, he felt inferior from every aspect. That man seemed young but his eyes looked a lot older.

“I think we should go into our room. We have a lot to prepare today. Auntie is going to murder us if we don’t arrange her house as she wants” Jeremy was a smart guy. He wanted to bypass another awkward situation. Matt nodded and walked upstairs. Jeremy smiled apologetically at his sister and followed his friend.

Mousy remained in the same position. Her eyes were staring blankly at the wall.

“Is he the one you fancy?” She glared at the Doctor over her shoulder. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. His grip on her petit figure was welcomed. She felt warm for some reason. It was probably all because he knew exactly how she felt.

“I never told him the truth. I was afraid he will reject me and think of me as a monster” She placed her head in between his neck and shoulder.

“I figured” She opened her eyes and took a step back. She titled her head to the side and narrowed her eyes at the Doctor. “What?”

“You are comforting me” He nodded. “A few minutes ago you were teasing me. Brat” She scowled and left on the closest door. The Doctor blinked dumbfounded.

“I still don't understand women” He was really confused