Status: Hiatus

The Time Ring

Sorry

“I’m sorry for what’s happening to you, Amanda. The plan was not to get your brother involved. I just wanted to find her because I don’t know how much time we have.” Noli started, walking away from her down into a dim lit street.

Suddenly, the light became brighter and the air became so toxic that she started t cough uncontrollably.

“I made these rings.” A boy that looked exactly like Noli spoke, his voice a bit more clear than the one he used now. “They’ll protect us if we are ever about to die. But it won’t work until the end of time, there is none for these rings. You can store your sole inside of it and return when you believe you have found a better life.” Noli explained further, giving one ring to a girl that looked pretty much like Mousy, except the eyes and the normal differences in species.

“With these rings, we can become immortals.” Spei spoke, amazed of her ring, “We can become rulers. We have lived so poorly but that will change soon.”

Noli frowned and snatched the ring back, placing it in a little box with her name on the lid. Suddenly, the lid split into small little pieces, creating a puzzle of some sorts. Spei scoffed and glared at her brother.

“What are you doing? Do you think they will let you free after creating these storing facilities?” She spoke, so angry and disappointed, “They will push you into prison and erase every trace of your existence.”

“The rings are not weapons either. Immortality is not for people like us. We have to obey the rules of time.” Noli started, his voice rising with the annoyance he was feeling.

Spei’s face suddenly relaxed and she leaned on one of her legs, placing her hand son her waist.

“The rules of time are nothing but rules made by the time Lords in order to control us. We are the true masters of time, Noli. I will prove that to you, one way or another.”

That was everything Spei said, only a few days before the big fire erupted in the center of the city. The rulers were overwhelmed and then the Time Lords came.

“They destroyed everything because, as they said, our planet was growing impatient. Time is all about patience and the keepers of it were too self-centered. That was the end and the one that provoked the extinction of specie was me.”

The smoke was getting so heavy that Mousy could barely see a foot in front of her. She noticed a person walking back and forth and could still hear him blame himself and his sister but it was getting really hard to breath.


Mousy woke up with a jolt, gasping for air. She could still feel the smoke in her lungs and needed a little time to adjust.

“Are you alright?” Gwen asked, the whole team watching her from their seats.

“We need to find Jeremy.” Mousy said, realizing she fell asleep on her chair. She jumped on her feet and went to Toshiko, “Search for him around places with a lot of fire.”

The whole team stared confusedly at her before Jack decided to interfere.

“Is there a reason he would go there?”

Mousy nodded before leaning against the nearest table.

“Spei stored her soul inside the ring, knowing that she will die otherwise. However, she still hasn’t shown her brother what the Time Lords have really done. I think she wants to do that to our planet so that the whole universe will witness it.” Mousy spoke slowly yet her heart was beating really fast, realizing that she has known that from the very beginning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor was in Mousy’s past, still wandering around the house, having no clue what to do. If victor didn’t give her the ring, then someone else did, taking his image so she would actually accept it.

“Will you stay for dinner, Doctor?” Patricia asked, surprisingly kind compared to the first time he met her.

It proved that when Mousy was young, before Jeremy came along, Patricia was not working as much as before. It probably became an issue after Victor died and Patricia dived into work because of stress and sadness.

“I’d love that, thank you.” The Doctor answered before the woman left.

Now, if only he could find a way to explain how Mousy got the ring. Luckily, the doorbell rung and hopeful, the Doctor stuck his head out into the hall. His eyes widened when he saw the same butler as before.

“Sebastian!” The Doctor shouted, not intending to draw attention to him yet doing it anyway.

The new butler frowned and looked at the Doctor thoroughly before taking one step forward.

“Do I know you, sir?” He asked but the Doctor shrugged it off with a laugh.

“Are you the Sebastian, then?” The Doctor asked further seeing how he responded.

The man raised an eyebrow and glanced at Victor before turning to the strange man.

“I am, yes. Sebastian Phelps. I thought I was awaited.”

The butler looked like the one the Doctor met in Mousy’s past with Mousy but this one was a bit younger and more refined in a way.

During dinner, Sebastian stood in the kitchen while Victor started to tell young Mousy about one of his adventures. Patricia was smiling and giggling, which was peculiar for the Doctor. From the corner of his eye, he noticed the butler walking into the hall and going up the stairs. The Doctor excused himself for the bathroom and followed him. Sebastian walked straight to his room at the end of the hall and didn’t come out for the rest of the night; the Doctor checked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, the Doctor woke up a bit shaken. He could feel that something was wrong with Mousy and his screwdriver was beeping faintly. Seeing how it was still too early, the Doctor left the same way he came, on the window, which was strange and went back to the TARDIS. He changed a few numbers and was ready to enter the new date when the TARDIS shook.

“Isn’t this an eventful past!” He screamed, rolling onto the floor. It hurt a bit, being thrown like that in your own home. “Ah~” He said, eyes shining brightly as he got up.

Taking a look outside, his eyes widened to see a crater right in front of the front door. He closed the door to the TARDIS and hurried to the scene. Victor too rushed out but there was something different.

“Doctor! You disappeared! Did you take the same route you came in?” He said bemusedly, standing right next to the crater yet not having any reaction.

“Don’t you see something strange here?” The Doctor asked, glancing at the crater.

Victor looked around but shrugged innocently, “Should there be something strange?”

That was such a familiar response, even the tone, that the Doctor couldn’t help but frown remembering Jeremy and Mousy.

“Anyway, please come in. I’ll tell my wife to prepare lunch if you’d like to join. She makes great tea.” Victor started, already walking towards his house.

“Aha!” The Doctor screamed, not knowing what to say.

Once Victor entered the mansion, the Doctor turned towards the crater. He bent next to it and looked inside, seeing that it wasn’t as deep as he originally thought. Inside, at the bottom, were two containers, not very big and not very impressive. He reached for them when one of them rejected him. The other didn’t and he could easily take it. There it was, on the bottom, in the language of the gatekeepers was the name Noli.

The Doctor closed his eyes and finally remembered. How could he have forgotten?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What exactly are we searching for?” Jack asked Mousy seeing how she was so involved. Actually, she wasn’t doing much but only standing behind Toshiko, having a look of intense concentration.

“Actually, I don’t know. She has to reach out to her brother at some point, to invite him to her show.” Mousy answered calmly.

“But wouldn’t that place your brother in danger?”Gwen asked, walking behind Mousy.

It was strange how once she woke up, Mousy’s been very proactive. She suddenly remembered all these places that she used to go frequently with Jeremy when they were young.

“Why are you so sure he will go somewhere that has a risk of burning down?” Owen asked, intrigue but also suspicious.

Mousy hesitated before deciding she should tell them the truth.

“Jeremy’s always had certain inclinations towards dangerous things, like fire. It grew worse during high school when my grand-parents sent him to a psychiatric hospital. He became better and went to college the next year but I don’t think he was cured. He just hid his tendencies.” The brunette explained, her eyes set on the desktop.

“So he’s a pyromaniac?” Owen asked, putting it as bluntly as possible.

“Yes he is. He’s been holding it in for most of his life so having Spei takeover-“She stopped, sighing just at the image.

Silence filled the room, the captain glancing at Gwen worriedly. It was obvious he wanted to discuss something with his team and he also had to say something to the Doctor.

He had the chance a few hours later when the same buzzing sound grabbed their attention. Jack was ready to say something when the Doctor barged through the doors of the TARDIS and went straight to Mousy. He first looked at her, his eyes holding nothing but sadness and guilt.

“What are-“

The Doctor wrapped his arms around her in a very tight and uncomfortable hug. Her green eyes widened, completely taken aback by his kind gesture.

“I’m sorry. It’s my fault.” He whispered, her eyes narrowing at the news.

“What do you mean?” She asked, confused.

“I gave it to you. The TARDIS changed your memory slightly so you wouldn’t remember my interference.” He started, genuinely apologizing for his mistake.

She pushed him away harshly, her eyes tearing up.

“Can you repeat that?”

“Going back, I remembered. I found the containers and after a quick research, I realized what was inside them. I gave you the brother because I knew there will be a time you’ll need saving. I took the sister away and hid it in Neverland. I am so sor-“ He stopped, having gotten the blown of his life.

She punched him, really hard and straight in the eye. Captain Jack helped the Doctor on his feet while the rest stared at the scene with wide eyes.

“You made me the Time Ring. You! Out of anyone possible in this universe, it was you!” She started, tears dripping down her cheeks, “This life, this pain that I have gone through, the aliens I was forced to meet were all because of you.”

“You’re alive because I gave you the ring. Your mother’s experiment would have killed you and-“

“I don’t care! I would have preferred death than this-this loneliness.”

Hearing that particular word, the Doctor felt the slash of his actions. The consequences of his actions led them to meet, and he was glad but he changed her life completely and she became lonely.