Status: My first story is now completed

Underneath The Skin

Pierson
"'Boy! What did I tell you?"
"Dad, stop! It was an accident!"
Slap!
He fell to the floor, his cheek stinging. He grabs the side of his face...'
Pierson's mom left him and his brother with his dad at age nine. Only leaving a note telling him she will soon come back for him. Only holding on this single piece of hope, Pierson is thrown into a world of chaos as his dad is drunk, angry, and searching for something to hit. Well now Pierson's his personal punching bag...

Annelise
"'Are you ever coming home?"
"Hun, I'm sorry but this is important. It'll bring extra money in our pockets."
She sighs, "Okay."
"You have enough money right?"
"Yeah..."'
Annelise was left home for the rest of the year. Alone with just her cat Snickers to keep her company. Her and her mom have been on the rocks ever since her dad left them with nothing but a few hundred dollers. Her mom ventured for a job and has found a sturdy one, but theres a problem... She leaves her daughter home, a lot. As Annelise's anger boils, It doesnt help being the odd one out.

As These two unfortunate outcasts are slowly drawn closer together, theres nothing else to do but hold on until the rides over. Annelise finds the true definition of love while showing Pierson how great the world can be if you patch up the past and let one into a world of madness.