Puppet

Chapter 5

Riley landed with a loud thump onto the floor of Tom’s room. He had barely walked into the house before he started pushing and shoving her up the stairs, causing her to fall multiple times.

“You think you can fucking mess with me and get away with it?” Tom was beyond angry with Riley. No one had ever managed to get away from him before. Though, technically it was that dumb fuck, Klaus’ fault. However, since she belonged to Tom, he was the one responsible for her. If anyone other than Gunther and Mark found out that she got away and wasn’t punished for it, his reputation would fall and everyone would think he was slipping. Tom wouldn’t allow that to happen.

Riley didn’t answer him as he yelled a slur of angry words and threw whatever was closest to him at walls, making them shatter into hundreds of little pieces. She was too scared to say anything. Tom was like a ticking time bomb. Riley was sure that her talking back now would make him explode into a rage that she hadn’t seen yet—nor wish to see anytime soon.

“Fuck!” Tom shouted and picked up a lamp from the nightstand and chucked it across the room. Riley ducked and moved out of the way so none of the shards of glass hit her.

She was a bit surprised that he hadn’t come over and hit her or anything. She had been waiting for something other than a few rough pushes up the stairs and a fall to the floor but nothing had happened to her yet. Only furniture had been smashed through Tom’s outburst. Riley decided to break out her comfort zone and apologize to him. She hoped it would make him calm down a bit and make him leave.

“I’m—I’m sorry. I was just… I was scared.” Riley looked down as she said her stupid apology. She didn’t mean it, but she had to make sure it seemed believable.

“Scared?” Tom stopped for a minute and stared at her. Of course she had been scared. Who the hell wouldn’t be scared in the presence of Tom Kaulitz? No one, that’s who, even the men that worked for Tom were scared of him. That’s the way Tom liked it. Things got done without question when the people were scared. If he went easy and made everything happy with rainbows and fucking butterflies, nothing would get done. Fear was the main ingredient to his success. Without it, he’d be nothing.

Riley nodded still without looking at him.

Within a second, Tom was standing in front of her. He grabbed her forearms and pulled her close to make sure every word he said could be heard. “You do not run from me. You are mine. Is that clear?” His harsh tone had Riley back away from him as much as she could. She hated when he spoke to her in that whisper. It was raspy but perfectly clear at the same time. She didn’t know how he did it but she got the chills every time he talked to her.

“Okay…” Riley continued to avoid his gaze. She was pissed at herself for not fighting back. She
wanted to tell him off and run again. The only reason she hadn’t was because she didn’t want to die. Sure she had told Tom to kill her but she didn’t actually want it to happen.

Tom grabbed her face with one hand and turned her so she was forced to look at him. Tom’s grip was firm so Riley couldn’t move. She could feel the bruises starting to form under his fingertips.

“If you mess up again, you won’t be here to give fake apologies. I will kill you without a second thought.” Tom shoved her to the ground and walked out of the room, not saying another word.

Riley stared at the closed door with disbelief. He had known all along that her shit apology meant nothing. Why did he let her go, then? She was too confused and her body hurt too much to care at the moment.

Tom came back into the room a few hours later with handcuffs. Immediately, Riley sprinted away from him to the other end of the room. With a sigh, Tom followed her. It was routine now; Riley would run and Tom would capture her. It was a sick game for Tom. At times he got off at the thrill of a good chase with her. Especially because when he did catch her, Riley would put up a fight. He loved a challenge and she was the perfect bait for it.

“Come now, Buttercup." Riley loathed the pet name Tom continuously used for her. "I don't have time to chase you today. Be a good girl and go to the bed." Tom's cocky, demanding presence didn't make Riley want to obey him. No, it made her want to escape even more.

"I don't think so," Tom scolded as she ignored him and continued to try and find a hiding place. "I told you to get on the bed." When Riley didn't listen yet again, Tom took drastic action and pulled out his gun. He was sick and tired of the games she tried to play. He was the only one that could do that, not her. Just because he found multiple things about Riley that he had never seen in anyone else before didn’t mean she could get away with all the shit she had been lately.

"I'm not going to tell you again," he growled and pointed the gun at her. Tom chose not to do anything physical to her yet. Today he felt more like mind games. That was the only reason he left her earlier that afternoon. Besides, there would be plenty of time for physical stuff later. Right now, he had to get some work done and there was no time to play with his little Puppet at the moment.

Riley may have been a smart ass and not listened before but this time was different. A gun was involved and she knew Tom wouldn't hesitate to shoot her. Not after what happened before. He was a monster. So, for now, she would stop and play his little game.

"That's a good Puppet." Tom nodded in approval as Riley slowly sat down on the edge of the bed.
"Now, give me that pretty little wrist of yours..." Before she could even think about pulling away, Tom grabbed her hand and slapped the metal handcuffs on her.

'Fucking great.' Riley sighed to herself. 'There's no way I'm getting out of this.'

"I'm going to be going on a job and, unfortunately," he smiled and slapped her cheek to keep her still before continuing, leaving a bright red mark across her pale skin. "I can't bring you along with me because of your little stunt last time. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cuff you to the bed to make sure you don't try going anywhere." His tone was sarcastic and teasing. "Don't even think about trying anything, Buttercup. I'll have people come in and check on you for me." he said while taking the other end of the handcuffs and clamping them onto the bed post. Tom tightened them so she wouldn't be able to slide it at all.

"I'll be back soon." He smashed his lips greedily to hers, claiming her for his own. "Bye, Puppet!" Tom called as he left.

Little did Tom know that Riley managed to snag a keychain with two keys while he was busy kissing her.

Tom left two of his newer goons to check on Riley for him while he went to go see Wolfgang again. Daniel and Jon had only been in the business for a few months. They figured that they were now among the higher ranks since Tom specifically asked for the two of them to watch over Riley.

“Dude, Tom’s been gone for at least a half hour. Want to go see what the big deal with this girl is all about?” Daniel smirked and agreed to go check up on her with Jon.

The two men walked confidently into the room. It was a different confidence than what Tom had, Riley noticed. Theirs was more of an act to make it look like they were cool and knew what they were doing. Tom didn’t need to pretend. His whole body radiated with confidence. It was astonishing and overpowering at the same time.

“What do you want?” Riley snapped as the men closed the door behind them and walked towards her.
“Ah, she is a hot one!” Daniel exclaimed when he got a good look at Riley at the same time Jon nodded in agreement.

“She definitely is.” Jon eyed her as well and Riley became uncomfortable.

“Just because I’m handcuffed to this fucking bed doesn’t mean I can’t kick both your asses.” Riley glared at the two men standing before her. She was making threats she wasn’t sure she could keep but she hoped that they would back off nonetheless.

“Is that so?” Jon was the first to step forward. “Because it seems to me that you’re a bit too tied up to do anything right now.” He turned to Daniel and they both chuckled maniacally.

“Yeah, but we’re not,” Daniel said with his eyebrow raised as he looked Riley up and down some more.

“Enough talk,” Jon said, letting a low growl escape him. He was now standing over Riley. Any closer and he would have been on top of her.

He traced his hand down her cheek, pressing down on her newly formed bruise, and then pushed her back.

“You or me?” he turned to Daniel and asked.

“You, I guess. I’ll keep watch.”

“Good plan. This should be fun…” Jon smirked to himself and talked to Daniel as if Riley wasn’t even there.

Once Daniel left to stand outside the door and keep watch, Jon unzipped his jeans and pulled Riley up by her hair.

She winced in pain. “Ouch, let go!” she screamed at him. There wasn’t much else she could do.

“You’re going to do as I say, or I’m going to cut you into tiny pieces, got that, princess?” He pulled a small knife from his pocket and flashed the blade in front of Riley’s face to prove he wasn’t messing around.

“In your dreams, asshole,” Riley huffed and turned as much as she could away from him. She wasn’t afraid of him or his tiny knife. Tom was the one she was afraid of. This guy was just a little bitch in her eyes.

Aggravated, Jon swung at Riley, slamming his fist into her face. She collapsed to the side and clung to the bed post she was cuffed to. She hadn’t expected him to hit her.

Daniel came in when he had heard all of the commotion. “What the hell? You’re not supposed to hit her! Just… get done and get the fuck out of here.”

Daniel left the room again without bothering to stay and listen to what Jon had to say. He just wanted him to hurry up so he could have his turn before Tom came back.

“Listen, whore. This could’ve gone so much smoother but now, since you’re going to act like a bitch, I’m going to make this as painful as possible for you. Next time, learn your place and shut the fuck up instead of back talking.”

This time Jon climbed on top of Riley without the needless talking. He knew she wouldn’t comply with him otherwise.

Riley squirmed underneath him, trying to throw him off without success. With one hand being tied up, she was practically powerless. She just wanted to break down and cry. Riley had a feeling something like this would happen to her; she just didn’t want to be so helpless when it did.

Riley furrowed her brows. There was no way she was going to let this creep violate her.
She gathered up all her strength and pulled her leg up, setting the perfect position to nail Jon. She kicked him with all the force she could manage in the groin and sent him flying. He clutched himself as he landed with a thud, cursing and swearing while he writhed on the floor in agony.

Riley smirked to herself. Finally someone else was feeling a fraction of the pain she had received within the days she had been held in this prison.

“You fucking whore!” Jon scrambled to his feet and charged at Riley only to be stopped (to Riley’s relief) as Daniel barged into the room.

“A car just pulled up, man! Get the hell out of here!”

“Next time, little girl, I will have you.” He threatened her before leaving the room irately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it has been quite some time since I've been on here hasn't it, my dears? I'm not sure how often I'll be posting or anything since I barely have free time these days but here's a new chapter for anyone that is still wanting to read this little story. Thanks to all of you that have stuck around. You're truly fantastic. <3