Curiosity's Curse

Curiosity's Curse

Love or not it was still ridiculous. Either way he'd have to marry her, that disgusting little wolf. Okay so I was bias, but the idea still stood because something told me that I was supposed to be with him. No one else but me.

I sat there on his bed. Thinking, wondering what would happen now. I could try to fight back, of course I could but what sense would it make? It was my job to simply protect the cities from themselves, I was well aware this wouldn't be the first time they attempted to straighten things out. I'd be called back and be back dutifully.

The door pounded open. A wrinkled nosed Troy stood there. "Jesus those things smell," he was talking to himself. Then he realized that I was sitting there staring in horror. I was hoping I'd have left, if I wouldn't have allowed myself to get so distracted I wouldn't be having this problem.

"I-uh," I began to explain myself but after a moment of speaking I just completely gave up and bolted out the window. My breathing was ragged as I ran back through the forest, I'd get to bed soon. I planned to go back to my normal work tomorrow, try not to remember any of this. Anything that had happened between me and him. I frowned as I walked up through the grave yard and up to the front door, pulling it slowly open.

A hand stopped it before I managed to stop it. I turned around to see Troy staring straight at me, I frowned. "Leave, be happy," I said softly. "I'll still be here, I'll always be here." I looked down at the ground. "You need to do what's best, forget about me. I have an eternity after all."

I tried forcing the door shut on his hand, just like my thoughts of him I just wanted it all to stop. He shoved it violently open causing me to shriek a bit. I'd forgotten how strong vampyres actually were, I was used to a quick kill nothing else. I stepped backwards as he walked toward me.

My body froze as it backed against the wall. He grabbed my wrists and pulled my too him, anchoring me to his body with his cold stone like arms, I shuddered.

His face was only inches from mine. "Would you stop for just a minute, Curiosity," he growled at me. "I don't understand how you can be so difficult, I would do anything to be with you and you know that. Don't you?"

I frowned at his words, I wasn't so sure anymore. I wasn't so sure of anything really. "I don't know," I muttered. He looked into my eyes, hopeless at first. As if everything he'd been told was a lie.

He pulled me closer to him, tighter to his body. I gasped feeling our bodies crush together. He brought up one hand, the other staying in it's place around my waist and then our lips came together.

A spark went through my body, it was different from any other time, it confused me. It utterly baffled me. My head spun and I attempted to pull myself away from him.

He pulled me tighter, entangling his hand in my hair and kissing me more fiercely. I gasped for air and wrapped my arms around his neck finally giving in and kissing him back.

Finally he stopped. My head was light from the kiss and the world seemed to spin around me. I would've fallen if it wasn't for him holding me so tightly there. "Why, Troy?" I finally asked him when my heart had gotten to it's regular pace. "You can't do this, if you honestly want a chance at peace you can not do this." A growl rose deep in his throat before he spoke.

"Do you not understand? Honestly? Screw all of this, screw the cities screw my family, come on we're leaving," he stated dragging me out the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm.. well an unusual turn but eh, I don't even know what's going to happen anymore.