A Jump Over the Water

coming home

It had been one week since I’d woke up for the first time in the hospital. The memories had slowly creeped back into my head, unfortunately so had the nightmares. The excruciating pain was unbearable and hadn’t really got any better but today was the day i was to be released; finally get to go back home. The wires that my body had once been covered in had all been removed earlier that morning and I had finally been able to sit up. It was going to take quite a while to recover, no riding for a while and it looked like the summer of my dreams had been ruined. It turned out that the impact of the truck had crushed three of the bones in my right leg and damaged the muscles in my left arm. Fingers crossed though, if all goes well, I should be healed enough to be able to walk in just a couple of weeks. Of course, it was all my fault anyway.
At that moment, my mom walked into my room, Cameron following close behind pushing an empty wheelchair. I sighed heavily at the sight of the chair on wheels, I hated the thought of not being able to walk around and being able to rely on myself.
‘you ready to go honey? I’ve signed all the papers and sorted all the documents out, just waiting for you now’ my mom smiled at me.
I nodded my head slowly. Cameron walked past my mom and put one arm under my legs and one around my back, lifting me carefully from the bed and into the devil chair. I crossed my arms gingerly and scowled. Cameron burst out laughing at the expression on my face and poked my lip. I hated this already and it had only just begun.

My mom opened the front door of my house as Cameron pushed me through. He’d been so good to me, he hadn’t left my bedside the whole time I had been in hospital. Grace had flown over from England to me thanks to Cameron I’d recently found out. He’d rung her and paid for her flight over here and even went to pick her up from the hospital. Speaking of grace…
‘chaiceypooooooo! I’m so glad your home! Ive been so worried about you! Not only me though, Biscuits missed you terribly!’ she hurriedly said to me.
At the sound of Biscuits name, I suddenly burst into tears. I can’t believe it, I’ve not only ruined my summer but hers too.
An arm wrapped around me and gave me a hug, I knew instantly that it was grace and I loved her to death. She understood me completely, she always had. She was definitely more like a sister to me than a best friend. She let me go and I looked up at her as I wiped my eyes.
‘sorry’ I mumbled. It was then that I noticed my mom and cameron had completely disappeared.
Grace shone me a huge smile and pushed my wheelchair towards the kitchen. As the door opened and I walked through, the sight that hit me took my breath away.
‘WELCOME HOME CHAICE!’ the chorus of people in front of me sung. Everyone I had met since being over here in America was here, standing in my kitchen, welcoming me home. My face burst into the hugest smile ever, possibly making me look slightly mad but I really didn’t care. These people had took time out to make sure I was ok, even though I had only known them all for a short amount of time. The Allstar Weekend boys ran at me screaming like girls. I burst out laughing as Nathan tripped first, then Zach, then Michael toppled down to the floor in front of me like dominoes. I burst out laughing as they all looked up to be greeted with the sight of my feet. Cameron stood behind them and pulled them all up individually, shaking his head. They were all total goons. I loved them for that. Standing closely behind them were the four boys I remembered meeting the day of the accident. They smiled shyly at me and gave me a little wave each. I laughed and opened my arms to signal for a hug. They were so damn cute! Jake hugged me first, then Nick, then Trevor and then finally Zack. He lingered for a little longer whilst whispering ‘I’m glad your home, we were all worried about you’ softly in my ear. I smiled and nodded back to him as he let go of me and stepped backwards.
‘God, im glad your back Chaice, Zack has not stopped talking about you at all, constantly asking to come and see you in…OW’ Jake said before Zack turned and slapped him around the back of the head. I raised my eyebrows at them all and burst out laughing again. These boys were hilarious.
Cameron walked over and spoke quietly into my ear; ‘you want to say hello to biscuit quickly? Get some air?’
I nodded, it was lovely to see everyone but it was a bit overwhelming. He wheeled me quietly through the kitchen and out through the back door. The smell of fresh air and horses hit my nostrils and my face once again burst into a huge smile. I looked up to see Biscuit raise her head from the field and gallop straight toward the fence. I pushed myself up out the chair and quickly hobbled towards the wooden fence ignoring the terrible pain shooting up my body. It was then that it hit me. No matter how much pain im in, I have been dreaming of this summer my entire life. I will not let a few broken bones get in the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
gah, abit short and rather crappybut whatever!
hope to update again soon so keep your eyes open!
iloveyouall!
peace,love + adub<3