Status: Finished

You'll Find Out On Your Own

Goodbye High School

It was getting close to summer. Being May school was slowing down and things would turn out their own way.

I walked out of the school and towards my parked car, waiting for me to go home. I unlocked the door but didn't get the chance to open the door before he got me. His arms snaked around my waist and a few kisses were placed on the back of my neck. I smiled and turned around to come face to face with Matt. “Happy two months” he murmured before our lips locked. I smiled and kissed him before nodding. “So, whatcha get me?” I asked teasingly. “Oh something you may like but we have to get home before I give it to you” I rolled my eyes as he snatched my keys out of my hand and I walked around to the other side of my car. The only real disadvantage about being with him. He always stole my car.

We pulled into my driveway and jumped out of the car before heading inside the house. My mom was home today, day off of work so it wouldn't like we'd have the house to ourselves. I sat down on the couch in the living room and sighed. “So what is it?” I asked annoyed. Matt grinned. “Well since after high school the band is going on tour” “Yes” For some reason Brian and Jimmy started a band. Zack and Matt came up with there own idea for a band of their own and then eventually bribed Jimmy into playing with them as well. Brian tagged along and eventually decided to join as well. They were going to make it big, but only needed a bass player, though Jimmy mentioned knowing someone who could fill the spot pretty well.

“Yes, you guys are going on tour” I smiled. I knew he was excited for that. I kinda was too. “And since we're going to get famous someday you'll get a real one but I'm sure this will do for now” he grinned showing off those incredibly adorable dimples. I smiled but looked at him skeptically “What is it Matt” I spoke unsure. He pulled out a blue velvet box out of his pants front pocket. I froze and glanced over to my mom who also had a froze expression. “I'm not purposing to you but, I am giving this to you as a promise ring” he spoke opening the box which my eyes fell upon the diamond stone which sat on a white gold band. “I'm hoping it will make you happy until I get you your engagement ring” he murmured. Tears filled my eyes as I nodded and he placed the piece of jewelry on my left ring finger. “Oh I shouldn't be crying yet, can't you kids wait until graduation” my mom sobbed. I grinned. She had a point, it was three days away before we were free for good. I smiled and kissed Matt. I couldn't be happier at this moment.

*Couple days Later.....

I fixed my hair as I stood in my dark gown in a back classroom of the school. I couldn't believe it was all over. Mirrors filled the room, brought in from the drama room in the B wing. I glanced behind me to see Matt, Brian and Zack walk in the room. I smiled and turned to them. “So this is it!” I spoke nervousness filled my voice. Matt smiled and swung an arm around my shoulder. “At least you aren't first” Zack groaned. I smiled. True. “Okay kids this is it... in only a matter of hours your high school carriers will be over!” the principal yelled. Everyone cheered and then we started to leave the room. Heading down to the gym was nervous. I held on to Matt's hand tightly as the faces of our families came into sight. I turned to Matt as we parted and went to our assigned seats. Everything was in ABC order since it was like that for every graduation.

As the teachers talked and the students ahead of me went up one by one. My stomach turned excitedly and anxiously. This was the end, high school was no more after this. “Emily Mackenzie” my name was called. I smiled and got up walking up the stairs of the stage and shuffled across it, shaking the hand of my old English teacher and grabbing my diploma before smiling and then walking off the stage. “YEAH BABY!!” I heard Matt yell out. I giggled and sat down with the rest of my fellow graduates.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know. Second last chapter. One more after this. (: