Believe Me I'm Lying

17

I was sat in the back lounge rubbing Jonathan’s shoulder when Austin walked in looking tired and as if he hadn't got changed since last night.

His pants and top smelt of stale beer and smoke, every sound seemed to hurt him but then again it was his fault, he'd chosen to go out drinking all night.

“Morning, good night last night?” asked Jonathan.

“No not really, Kent and me lost everyone else so we had to sleep on Kyle’s bus. I don’t even know if they managed to get a taxi home because we took the one we booked. They had no money for another. You 2?” he asked and we both nodded.

“Watched a movie” I replied as Caleb walked in.

“Morning. What’s going on here?” he shouted and Austin backed away rubbing his head.

“Get off him!” Caleb growled and I moved my hand from Jonathan's shoulder, “What do you think your doing exactly?” Caleb snapped.

I started to talk but he told me to shut up “I meant him!” he pointed at Jonathan.

“I’ve hurt my shoulder she was just helping, don’t talk to her like that Caleb,” Jonathan warned.

“Austin get out, you can go with him too!” he shouted at me and I looked at him shocked that Caleb could react this way.

“I said get out!” Caleb shouted.

“I said don’t talk to her like that, go on Tally you need to give Sam your work before we leave” Jonathan said keeping calm, I looked at him worried but he nodded to reassure me and I left.

Caleb slammed the door behind me, “What’s that all about?” whispered Austin and I shrugged as we both pressed up against the door trying to listen to them.

“I fell out the bunk and landed on my shoulder” I heard Jonathan explain to an angry Caleb and Austin started to laugh.

I glared at him and then half smiled at him.

“Look I don’t know what your problem is Caleb your one of my best friends and you’ve been weird with me for a few days now” Jonathan said remaining calm considering the situation.

“I know, I’m just. I don’t know I’ve just been feeling weird about everything. Dude I’m sorry” Caleb explained returning to his normal calm and friendly self.

“You need to say that to her, you can’t talk to girls like that” Jonathan ordered.

“I know, I’ll go find her” I heard Caleb say and Austin ran to his bunk not wanting to be caught out listening in on their conversation.

I picked up my work and ran off the bus as quick as I could before Caleb opened the back lounge door.