Believe Me I'm Lying

18

We went to the park for the day; Caleb went off to play football with the others and i sat under the tree half doing my work and half watching them in the distance.

“You’ve got your bracelet on?” stated Jonathan from beside me and I nodded.

“I told him I bought it” I admitted as I watched Kent tackle Kyle and them all start laughing as they both fell over.

“Why don’t you go play with them? I can’t doctor says I have to rest the shoulder” Jonathan laughed and I smiled at the memory of me pulling him from his bunk, I really had hurt him and the doctor had said he'd torn some muscles but he'd never once got mad at me in fact he thought it was funny too.

“I’d rather sit with you” I admitted as he held my hand and i pulled away quickly and heard him laugh.

“Don’t worry no one will see, they’re over there” he pointed and I relaxed when I realized they would never see us.

I never spent time with Caleb, he was too bust partying or hanging out with the guys.

Everything I had with him I had with Jonathan and more but something kept me with Caleb, part of me thought it was guilt, maybe it was knowing I’d have to live with him for the rest of the tour (which was months) but something told me it was wanting to know I was right to have had feelings for him in the beginning.

That deep down he could be the perfect boyfriend, but he wasn’t even trying.

“Watch out,” pointed Jonathan as a group of girls ran over to the others.

They all started what looked like posing for photos and I saw Kyle point over at us and the girls ran over towards Jonathan and he let go of my hand.

“Jonathan I love you! You’re my favorite,” screamed one girl & he stood up smiling.

He signed things they handed him and had pictures taken hugging them all “Is that your girlfriend?” asked one girl that was wearing a Cobra Starship tee and red jeans.

“She’s the one he has pictures with on twitter” smiled another girl who looked extremely pleased wit her ability to spot who I was.

“This is Tally my BFF,” he laughed as I waved at them smiling at how excited they were to meet him.

“So your single?” the girl in the Cobra Starship tee asked and he shrugged.

“You’re all single, that’s mental!” the other girl said while smoothing her mini skirt and plaid shirt over.

“Caleb’s not single, he’s had a girlfriend for awhile now” Jonathan cut in correcting them.

“He just said he was single” the mini skirt girl replied.

“Well he’s not” snapped Jonathan and then smiling when he remembered he was in fact talking to fans, people who'd made him who he was and who supported the band.

“Oh well we’re having a party and I thought maybe you’d come and we could chat?” the girl in the Cobra Starship tee asked playing with her hair.

I smiled at how blatant the girls flirting was and he smiled “Sorry ladies but I’m not partying tonight & I’m not looking for a relationship” he explained politely and I smiled as I pretended to do my work.

Nothing in me doubted that for a second Jonathan would take them up on any offer they made him but Caleb well that was another matter.

“It doesn’t have to be a relationship” she winked and I saw him nod.

“Sorry I’m really not looking for anything, but it was nice to meet you” he explained and waved as they left.

“No girlfriend!” he snapped as he sat back down next to me watching the girls until they were at a safe distance before linking his fingers through my own.

“He maybe wants to keep it quiet” I said not wanting to talk about it and he stayed quiet as if to accept that I wasn't about to talk about it with him.

“Why didn’t you accept her offer?” I asked curious, whether I was sat here or not he'd have said the same thing and I knew it but I wasn't really sure why.

We weren't after all dating, I wasn't his girlfriend and I never asked for any form of commitment from him. In fact I'd never asked for a thing from him, if anyone was entitled to hang out with other girls it was him.

He saw Caleb and I together whenever Caleb decided he wanted a girlfriend and he never once really complained about it, he never stormed off in a jealous rage when Caleb kissed me or made it obvious anything was wrong.

If he'd said yes to them or any other girl of course it would upset me but I'd accept it.

“I’m not single, well not to me anyway. I have you and I don’t want anyone else” he explained as he squeezed my hand and I smiled at him wanting to kiss him but I knew right now I couldn't.

“You know your too cute right?” I asked and he smiled back.

“I try,” he joked laughing.