Believe Me I'm Lying

22

Jonathan had him pinned against the wall, “Let him go” I ordered.

“Babe I am so sorry!” Caleb said as he walked towards me.

“I know. I understand” I stated and they all looked at me shocked but Jonathan looked horrified.

“You do?” Caleb asked touching my arm as I nodded.

“I understand you’re a jerk who thinks saying you love someone is enough, that you don’t have to prove it or even spend time with them. You don’t care about anyone; you’ve lied to me, Jonathan, you’ve expected everyone to lie for you. Your young and want to party! I’m younger than you, partying doesn’t mean going out and sleeping around. I hope you understand this!” I shouted slapping him.

“We’ve got to leave in 5 minutes!” I snapped and they all nodded and I swear I saw Jonathan smile.

I turned and walked out heading back to the buses, I heard someone running behind me and felt Jonathan wrap an arm round me.

“Are you okay?” he asked as we got on the bus.

“Yeah I deserve it” I stated truthfully.

“No you don’t” he argued back holding me against his body.

“I do. I’ve done the same thing just I’ve not got caught out. I can’t believe I ever chose him over you!” I stated.

I heard the door open and Austin walked on the bus as we sat down. “Tal I’m sorry. I should have told you, I tried to tell Jonathan last night” Austin explained worried I'd hate him.

“It’s okay Austin I know you did. I’m not angry at you or the others” I smiled.

“Friends?” he asked and I smiled.

“Friends” I said as he sat next to us.

Caleb walked on the bus & we all went quiet. Jonathan pulled me closer as he gripped my waist.

“I’m going to the bunks. Don’t be mad at the guys asked them to lie” Caleb said quietly.

“I’m not mad at them and I really don’t care what you do” I replied as he walked off.

The bus ride was awkward but for the first time ever Jonathan and I had a reason to be together and it felt strange to know it was okay for him to this close with me.

It was wrong but I’d won in this situation.

Caleb had lost me who he claimed to love but I doubted it, Jonathan had lost the horrible feeling of watching me be Caleb’s girlfriend but he also couldn’t do anything about it yet it was too soon and there was a lot that needed to be said first.

But me I’d lost the boy I didn’t love anymore without having to do anything to cause the break up, I’d managed to keep Jonathan and me a secret and I’d managed to keep Jonathan.

The only thing that scared me was the thought that Jonathan could do the same thing to me.