Believe Me I'm Lying

24

* 3 weeks later *

I walked off the stage after helping set up to see Sam “Tal can we talk?” she asked and I nodded worried.

“What have I done now” I joked.

“Nothing, you know I can get someone to swap buses with Caleb or you” she said.

“It’s okay, we’re fine. We get on well” I admitted.

“Okay well if you want to swap it’s okay. Go and get some lunch all the others are there” she smiled as I left.

“Tal are you okay?” I heard Kent say as I walked outside.

“Yeah you?” I asked.

“Tired. Up to much?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Can you help me with something?” he asked.

“Sure.”

“It’s my mom’s birthday next week & we’re playing my hometown, so I wondered if I could stay at home for the couple days I have off?” he asked.

“Yeah sure as long as you’re back for your next show. I’m going home too, tell her I say happy birthday” I said and he hugged me.

“Thanks.”

He stared at me “Anything else?” I asked.

“I know you only broke up with Caleb few weeks back but do you like anyone?” he asked and I smiled at him.

“Kent this best not be your way of hitting on me,” I laughed.

“No not me. I meant anyone?” he asked and I shrugged.

There was something about Kent that made you not want to lie to him, he was really nice to me about the whole Caleb thing and he was really sad he’d lied to me.

I didn’t spend a lot of time with the people from the other buses because I was either working or with Jonathan but Kent would often come and have lunch with me (which Jonathan hated because it meant we weren’t alone).

“Well I think someone likes you” he started.

“Oh really would this someone be stood near me?” I asked teasing him and he laughed.

“I’ve told you it’s not me and no he’s not ginger either” he reassured me and I laughed.

“Good, I couldn’t handle that again” I admitted relieved, we both laughed.

“You know Kent I’d be flattered if it was you” I carried on.

“It’s not me!” he shouted, “But you’re a hottie” he admitted and I laughed at him.

“Your very handsome Kent but we just wouldn’t work out” I said smiling.

“I’m glad we cleared that up now for the serious talk. I think someone likes you” he stated and I was dreading where this was going.

I'd just broken up with Caleb and the only thing or rather person I wanted was Jonathan Cook and I couldn't deal with Kent trying to set me up with another guy, in fact I don't think Jonathan could cope with that.

“Well I’m sure they could tell me themselves” I replied hoping that was enough.

“I think maybe they’re scared too, I want to help but I want to make sure I’m right first” he explained and I looked back confused.

“Are you in for an experiment?” he asked smiling as a plan formulated in that bizarre yet quick brain of his.

“Don’t most people do that in college?” I joked.

He sighed and grabbed my wrist to make me follow him. “Where are we going?” I asked as he dragged me.

“Back to get lunch. I’m buying you lunch” he informed me and I took a chance to tease him again.

"See you do like me!” I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

We walked into the café next door to see everyone sat down talking as we walked in Kent put his arm round my shoulders and I looked at him confused.

We stood at the counter and he ordered for me and fake laughed, “You are so funny sometimes,” he said kissing my cheek and I didn't like the awkward feeling it gave me.

He picked up my food and we walked towards the door to leave. I noticed Jonathan sat there and saw him staring at us as we got level with him Kent grabbed my hand and I saw Jonathan tense up.

I looked at him and saw pure jealously in his eyes as I heard Kent whisper “Bingo” and drag me off outside.