Believe Me I'm Lying

45

“Give us another chance?” I repeated and he nodded as he linked his cold fingers through mine.

I looked down at our hands remembering all the times this had happened when we were dating.

He stared at me and I stayed quiet in shock of what he’d just asked me, Jonathan never asked for a chance, he was happy to be second best but Caleb wanted me again.

He was willing to try “But what about Jonathan?” I asked wondering just how could he do that to his best friend.

“You guys haven’t been dating long so it’s not like there’s any real feelings there” he whispered biting at his lip.

“I just need to know I did everything I could” he stated.

“Caleb we were wrong on so many levels” I said and he nodded.

“I know we were but we had some of the best times together, remember the water fight?” he said and we both started to laugh.

I took a deep breath and faced him “Caleb we can’t do this, you cheated for a reason not just because they were there. You can say all that but I love us being friends, just because we’re friends doesn’t mean that we won’t have fun anymore. I’ll make sure Jonathan and I are not together around you, you can always talk to me though you know that” I explained and he nodded.

“It’s weird for us too but I do really like him Caleb” I added and he shrugged and looked down.

“You’ll always be my ginger hottie though” I smiled winking and he laughed.

“I can learn to live with that” he smiled “Thanks” he added.

I nodded as he pulled me into a tight hug and I rested my head on his shoulder, I smiled as he started to rub circles on my back.