Believe Me I'm Lying

48

I woke up to find Mason had his arm over me and I smiled to myself as I wriggled out of his grip.

I got up and walked over to Caleb and his face looked okay, with some clever make up tricks nobody would even know there was anything there.

“You know it’s rude to stare at someone when they’re sleeping not you mention weird” he said with his eyes shut smiling.

I smiled as he rolled over and sat up revealing a bruise on the other side of his face. “Caleb your face has the smallest bruise on it,” I said smiling and he grabbed a mirror from the side.

“Smallest? Tally I’ve been to countries smaller than this” he said pointing to it.

He moved over and looked at the room next to him and back at me. I smiled and crept in next to him.

He got out “Don’t worry I’m just putting some sweatpants and a vest on…I feel weird being in my boxers with you” he said as he got dressed.

“What are going to do?” he said as he climbed under the blankets.

I shrugged “You know have to forgive him for going crazy, he loves you. Like really loves you he’d never be like that over a girl if he didn't” he explained.

“That’s no excuse, Caleb why were you scared of him?” I asked, after all Jonathan was terrified of what Caleb would do if he ever found out about what we did.

“I’ve had arguments with him before and lets just say he’s always won. He’s a lot stronger than me,” he said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

We both stayed quiet “I know I was wrong to ask you that last night but I’m glad I did. I can be fine with you guys as long as you promise we’re still friends” he said and I nodded.

“Friends” I repeated.

“Now how the hell do I deal with all this?” I said.

“Talk to him? He’s a good guy he’s not normally the violent type. He takes a lot and then one day he just snaps, this must have been bothering him for awhile. He'd never normally lash out at anyone but I guess if I was him I'd hit me too” he said and I laughed.

If it was the other way around Caleb would never be able to hold the secret Jonathan and I had in.

“He has to apologize to you first” I said as Mason sat up.

“You guys really don’t know when to quit do you” he said sleepily and we both looked worried, “I’m joking” he said at our worried glances.

“Look I might not know the full deal here but I know enough. Caleb you had her you lost her, I’d punch you but I think Jonathan had it covered last night. You guys can be friends but you need to get that he won’t like it; every time you hug her he’s worried she’ll fall back to you, he’ll get over it in time. Caleb you have to let her be happy because after all you ruined her happiness your self last time. Tally understand Jonathan’s scared and don’t be too close with Caleb until he’s cool with it and don’t be all over Jonathan in front of Caleb, he can’t just turn off his feelings for you and that my friends is my lecture over” Mason said smiling.

“When did you get so wise?” I joked and he smiled.

“Now we’re all going to get up and go out there and behave like adults” he said standing up.

We both looked at him and he grabbed my arm dragging me out so Caleb followed as we walked out the room to see nobody was awake yet.

I looked at the clock as we sat down “We’re stopping in ten minutes, Austin won’t be up for another 5 minutes but Jonathan’s normally awake by now” I said looking over for any sign of movement but there was nothing.