Believe Me I'm Lying

53

I sat holding my breath in the back of a taxi, if this guy doesn’t drive faster I swear I’m going to scream, “Seriously is this as fast as you can manage!” I said through gritted teeth and I notice Kent laughing.

“There is a speed limit ma’am” the driver said sarcastically.

I shook my head “Dammit get out and let Kent drive if your staying at this speed, I’ll give you double if you get there quicker!” I snapped and he put his foot down.

We pulled up at the hospital and I threw $40 at him and Kent helped me out the taxi.

Carlos was trying to be funny and smacked Joe’s ass as he walked past but Joe jumped and dropped the box he was carrying on my foot.

“Nearly there Tal” he smiled carrying me in, “Hey can you help my friend might have broken her foot” Kent said politely.

“There’s no might about it!” I snapped and the nurse laughed and we followed her.

They ran some tests and Kent waited for Jonathan outside.

“Miss Lyons we’ve run some tests to check for allergies and because you’ve not had a check up in a such a long time. We're afraid we can't prescribe you pain medication in your condition but you have in fact broken 3 toes and 4 small bones in your foot. You’ve been bandaged and you just have to refrain from walking on it for 6 weeks and you should be fine” he explained.

"My condition?" I asked confused as to what he was talking about, I had no allergies.

"Oh, you don't know? Your pregnant" he beamed oblivious to my shock.

“I’m what now?” I said.

“Pregnant your bloods came back positive, we can run a quick check now to see how far along you are if you’d like” he asked and I nodded numb from the shock.

What if it was Caleb’s or worse what if it was in the middle and I’d never know? How would I explain that?

“Your 7 weeks pregnant” he said smiling not getting how unhappy I was.

“7? Your sure?” I asked as the weeks went by in my mind.

He nodded “100% your 7 weeks pregnant” he said as he walked out.

I smiled 7 weeks meant it had to be Jonathan's.

I split up with Caleb 6 weeks ago and a month before then was the last time we had sex making that 10 weeks, there was no chance this baby was his. It was Jonathan's.

I was careful with Caleb we used condoms and I was on the pill but with Jonathan we normally relied on the pill.

I thought through my mind and then it hit me, I'd forgotten my pill one week and we definitely slept together that week, I'd thought nothing of it at the time. The same stupid thought went through my mind that millions of people must've thought before.

'It was only once' well I just proved 'only once' is enough. 7 weeks meant it was Jonathan's but it also means everyone will know we cheated!

I looked up in tears as he walked in.