Believe Me I'm Lying

54

I told him to sit down, that I was fine, I just had something to tell him. Kent left us alone to ring my brother.

“I have some news, it’s shocking to say the least. I’m pregnant” I stated and his eyes widened.

“Is it…” he started but I cut in.

“Yours yes, definitely yours. You remember when I forgot my pill for a week?” I asked and he nodded.

I stared at him waiting for him to get it then his mouth widened “That was…” he started looking terrified.

"7 weeks ago, I’m 7 weeks pregnant. I’ve only been split from Caleb 6” I whispered and he closed his eyes.

“What the hell have I got us in to!” he said quietly and I shook my head.

”This is my fault not yours, I’m so sorry you don’t want this. I’m ruining everything for you” I gushed.

“Don’t be stupid Tal, I love you. I’ve never been happier, if your pregnant with my child then I’m cool with that. I wasn’t planning on it happening now but hey if I need to be a dad now I’m ready. We’re ready” he said reassuring me.

“Really?” I asked shocked at how unbothered he seemed to be about the actual fact it was his.

He smiled ”Really! I love you; this is up to you now. I want to be a dad but only if you want me to and if you want this too” he said.

I nodded “I can’t get rid of it you know that” I explained.

“You want me to be the dad?” he asked.

“Of course I do you’re the dad, why would I lie to my child. But how can we do this I’m 7 weeks meaning this child was conceived when I was with Caleb but we weren’t having sex” I tried to keep quiet.

“Doctors take an oath right?” he asked and I nodded.

”Well then we tell him we don’t want him to mention it to the others, we say your 5 weeks then we say you're just early when you have it” Jonathan explained.

“Then how the hell do we explain that a week after Caleb and I broke up us two were having sex! We’ve only been together 2 weeks according to everyone so how do we explain this!” I snapped at him and he shrugged.

“I just found out I’m about to be a father to your child we have to work together on this Tal, don’t you go blaming me. I can try and lie my way out of this but I sure as hell need to know you’ll be right beside me every step of the way because I’m 100% there with this baby” Jonathan snapped back at me getting closer so he didn't have to raise his voice.

I nodded “Of course I’ll lie but we have to be careful, Caleb and you struggle as it is. Us having a baby together won’t make that easier” I whispered at him.

"Look do you want me to be the father to this child or not? I want to be the father; I am the father, we both know that I’m the one that’ll deal with this best. But if you want to tell Caleb it’s his then you can even if it means you get back together or something” Jonathan stated.

“Either way there’s a lie involved, I wasn’t having sex with Caleb at the time it was conceived!”

We both went quiet “I want to be truthful, this is your baby and I want you to be the dad. We can be parents right?” I asked terrified of the answer.

He nodded “It’ll be scary but I think so, after this tour we’ve got a long break to write another album. You’re not due until that break and then the little one will be old enough when we need to tour again, we can travel together as a family or I’ll hold off touring" he explained to me.

I smiled, he’d really thought this through. In the time he’d known he’d worked out when I was due, that he could work round this.

I wanted this baby was his because he was the only person I wanted to have one with and he was right, Caleb isn’t ready, he’d panic, runaway, who knew but he wouldn’t be doing this.