‹ Prequel: Twist of a Bounty

The Saints Are Coming

I'm On To You

I was getting closer to nailing Lorenzo. I was so close and this time I was in the right direction – it wont twist on me this time. My thoughts jumbled into one as I pulled my wet hair back into a bun. I easily slipped into jean shorts and a tank top and sighed in comfort. I peeked into the mirror at my stitches, noticing they were healing nicely.

“Roisin!”I brushed my hair back over my tender area and peeked out my bathroom door.

“Boys?”I wasn’t expecting the boys today – they’ve been busy lately.

No answer. I stepped back into my bathroom and applied very little make-up to my even skin. As I came to a finish, a gentle thump caught my attention.

“B-boys?”Not again – please, no more intruders.

Another thump. It was only slightly louder this time.

“Connor, Murphy, I swear, if that’s you,”I growled lowly.

I stepped slowly to my bathroom door with clenched fists. My heart beat against my chest so loudly I thought it would give me away.

“Rose –“I cried loudly and swung, hitting the person somewhere along the jaw.

A mixture of laughter and moans echoed into my bedroom. I gasped as Murphy gripped his jaw and stumbled back. Connor, clutching hit stomach from laughing, stated, “That was a good one!”

“Murphy!”I covered my mouth, unsure of what to make of the situation.”I’m sorry!”

“That’s the last time I knock and walk in.”Murphy groaned.

“Oh, Murph! I’m sorry!”I reached toward him but he waved me off.

“Don’t worry Rose.”He opened and closed his jaw before smiling.”Jus’ don’t hook me again.”

“That,”Connor gasped.”was some good shit.”

I caught sigh of something on Connor’s arm and stopped him from walking any farther.

“Connor,”Just as my fingers laced around his wrist, he pulled away.

You could see the worry in the boys faces, but as quick as it shown, it was gone.

What’s goin’ on? And why are ya boys so secretive?”I placed my hands on my large hips and looked from one to the other.

“Nothin’s goin’ on, Rose.”Murphy chuckled.”Really.”

“Then why are ya boys so weird? And ya haven’t been around in days.”I argued.

“Rose, we have jobs too, ya know. Ya know from first hand experience what we do.”Connor stated.

“That’s why we came here. To see if ya wanted to come back and have a couple drinks. We got a shit load of good food too.”Murphy smiled.

I pushed back dry strands of hair and shrugged.

“It’s all microvavable.”Murphy grinned.

I laughed loudly and just shook my head.

“Alright. I’ll go.”I said.

“Alright!”They ushered me to the front door, eager to start drinking.

“Let me at least get me shoes and smokes!”I loved them to death, but sometimes it was too much.

As I grabbed my things I thought back on Connor’s arm. As bad as it was, I knew they were hiding something. But was it so bad that they had to hide it? From me?