‹ Prequel: Twist of a Bounty

The Saints Are Coming

Interogation

“We can’t trust’m.”Connor growled.

“Oh, Connor, come on.”I whispered angrily.”He can find Lorenzo.”

“He could be one of his hit men.”Murphy added.

“Oh, seriously, Murph? Does the lad look like he belongs to Lorenzo?”I asked quietly.

They peeked behind me at the patient Rocco. His eyes scanned the halls as he rocked back and forth on his heels. Connor angrily brushed his hands through his hair before pointing a finger in my direction.

“Alright. But give us a minute. We gotta do somethin’ first.”Connor scowled.

I stepped out and gently shut the door behind me. Rocco smiled as I stated, “Give’m a minute. They’re doin’ somethin’.”

“No prob-“The door swung open and I was easily pushed aside.
I gasped as the masked brothers each grabbed his shoulder and yanked him inside. Rocco let out a scream as he fell in.

“What are ya doin’?!”I cried.”Boys!”

I slammed the door behind me when more shouting began to erupt. Rocco was suddenly throan onto his back with some sort of pistol pressed to his forehead.

“Please! I’m da funnyman!”He begged.”Don’t shoot! Don’t shoot! Pl-“

“Shutup!”So Connor had to the gun to his head.

“Stop!”I came forward quickly, attempting to stop the oncoming homicide.”Boys! Stop!”

“Oh, God! Don’t shoot me! I’m da F-Funnyman! Dat ain’t my real name though! I’m Rocco!”He pleaded.

“Who do ya work fer, Funnyman?!”Murphy left the hysterical Rocco and pushed me back.

We all knew with a gun to his head, he would do nothing to get himself or Connor hurt. It was too much of a risk; for him that is.

“Connor!”I snaked partcially around Murphy, but he grabbed me around the waist.”Don’t kill him ya fuck!”

“P-Papa Joe! I work for Papa Joe Yakaveta!”He yelled.

“Any connection to Lorenzo?!”When no answer came out, he pushed the gun further into his temple.”Huh?!”

“Connor!”I cried.”Please! Stop!”

Murphy pushed me back again, forbidding me to get passed him. I pressed my hands to his chest and pushed, but it was never worth it.

“Stop him!”I yelled.

“No connection! I swear! Please don’t shoot me.”He whimpered.”I’m here to help!”

“Connor!”I screamed it now, forcing the room to go silent.

A cruel grin crawled across Connor’s lips and it scared me. Please, don’t kill our only possible connection to Lorenzo. Connor’s fingers slowly crawled to the trigger and traced it gently. It was coming. I knew it was. I jumped for Connor, but Murphy pulled me into a tight hug. He walked us back, not even grunting at my attempt to stop the situation.

“For fucks sake! Stop!”A quiet click echoed into the room and I froze.”Ya fuckin’ mick!”