‹ Prequel: Twist of a Bounty

The Saints Are Coming

Three

Connor turned to his brother, unable to come up with words. What Murphy did was unacceptable in ever aspect. Connor clenched his fists, unsure if he should swing or shout. He just knew his blood was boiling from the fight he just witnessed. Murphy slumped in his seat, obviously upset about the situation. He placed his head in his hands and sighed. Murphy knew he had gone too far. He didn't know how to fix what he had done.

"Yer a fuckin' idiot."Connor growled."Ya know what ya just did?!"

"I know!"Murphy looked up, his eyes red and watery.

"Ya fucked up Murph."Connor scowled."Ya know she's in danger and ya just helped Lorenzo out. She's much more vulnerable now."

"I know Connor!"He shouted."I know!"

"I'm gonna go get her,"Connor began."and then I'm goin' to Lorenzo's. I'm gonna kill the motherfucker whether yer with me or not."

Connor stormed out the door, slamming it on his way out. What had he done?

A black mercedes rolled silently down the streets of Boston.No music played, no teenagers hung out the windows - it was almost in low key. Three men sat within it's black exterior, scanning the streets it drove down. They knew Roisin O'Garen wasn't home - they had already been there and trashed the place.

They had driven past McGinty's and allowed one of the mysterious Italian men inside - still no Roisin. The mercedes almost resembled a black panther - stealth and speed it's main key. As they turned down another street, they slowed to a mere ten miles an hour. It was late and only one person walked the sidewalk.

"Roisin O'Garen."The driver growled her name like it was a curse.

"He wants her alive."The passenger stated."But he never said not to leave any bruises."

The man in the back chuckled lowly at his remark. They knew Roisin alone would have no chance against the three of them, let alone one.

"Pull up slow. We'll get her."The passenger spat.

I hugged my arms around my body. I was freezing and in no mood to stop at McGinty's to warm up. Headlights appeared behind me, forcing shadows to dance along the walls. With a shake of my head, I continued my slow walk. Footsteps echoed behind me, but I kept my pace. Even as they got louder, I refused to turn around.

"Roisin!"Connor's voice didn't bother me."Roisin wait!"

I chewed on my bottom lip, preventing myself from saying a cold remark. I had to be happy that at least Murphy wasn't calling my name. I stopped after a few seconds and let Connor catch up.

"Rose,"He breathed."ya need to hear me out."

He placed a large hand on my shoulder and tried to catch his breath.

"He's stressed, Rose. And I know you are too."He began."He wants ua safe and so do I."

"I understand, Connor. There was no reason for Murphy to snap. I'd never give ya boys up. Ya know that."I stated softly.

"I know, Rose. I know."He chuckled.

"Smecker knew what ya boys do. Before I did. He's on yer side, Connor."I said.

Connor's eyes suddenly locked on something. I looked at him and cocked my head to the side. What did he see?

"Con -"He yanked me close and I froze."Con -"

"Rose,"He whispered."go get Murph."

I followed his eyes and gasped. Two men stepped from a dark mercedes, hands in their pockets. Suspicious grins started to crawl onto their lips.

"Lor -"He squeazed my arm and I stopped - I couldn't give us away.

Both men were of equal size. They were dressed nicely - they were only missing their suit jackets. As they approuched, Connor pulled me further back.

"Excuse me,"Thick Italian accents.

"On three,"Connor whispered.

"I wont leave ya."I whimpered.

"Do you know where I can find McGinty's pub?"They were within arms reach now.

"Aye."Connor smirked.

Their eyes never left me, even when speaking to Connor. He looked back at me and gave me a hopeful smile.

"Three."