The Phone call that changed the world

The Aftermath Of Destruction

A/N: I havent updated in a while, ive had major writers block but im unstuck now.
So to Kate thanks for helping me, this is officially your chapter, since i based it around exactly what you said you wanted to do.

After the call to the police my life became worse, very very worse. it has been 2 months and we have been running from the police ever since, well if you count running as moving half way accross the country, changing our names and everything else about us. my long dark hair? yea shoulder length and blonde. my chocolate brown eyes covered by vivid green contacts.
He said big cities were the key, less people get personal. I just I shouldn't complain, I mean he could have killed me the second I made that phone call, but then he wouldn't have anybody to abuse. I've lived more places in the past 2 months than I have in the past 13 years of my life.
New cities, new states, they're hard. Even harder when you have so many secrets.
#1
My name really isn't Eliza
#2
These eyes are artificial
#3
My hair isn't normally platinum
#4
I'm not at all 15 years old.
#5 (the one that controls everything)
I'm not here because my dad is traveling for business, were running from the feds.

My dad was right, not many people get personal in the city, and it wasnt wierd for a girl my age to be walking around alone (the 20 minutes a day he let me out) because by now it was july and kids were everywhere. The only difference between me and most of the teenage girls here is im in jeans and long sleeves, because well the last 2 months have been hell, i thought i knew what hell was when daddy used to hit me before, but i didnt. I got the worst beating of my life the day i called the cops, we barely made it out of my house. We watched the cops pull in as we pulled out. I didnt ever blame him, it would have been all fine if i hadnt called the cops. Thats what i used to think, now i know different, i know one day if i didnt he wouldnt have stopped until i stopped moving and my heart stopped beating. Ever since i realized this ive cried myself to sleep everynight, silently of course because if daddy ever heard me he hit me...

For two weeks after "the call that changed the world" as the news was calling it, we didnt stop driving, not because we wanted to, we couldnt. The only times we stopped were to dye my hair and buy fake contacts at walmart along the highway, but that was all the day after the event because after that the bruises started to surface. My left eye swelled shut, daddy was smart he hit the side of my face not exposed to the window. Everything i think about is how this is never going to change and how this will be my life until the day i die. Its been 2 months and the cops still havent found us, im starting to lose hope.

FLASHBACK

"you called the fucking police? are you stupid? tell them it was a prank. DONT CRAWL AWAY FROM ME"

"im sorry daddy"

Slaps echoched the room until the girls voice was barely audible.

please daddy, no more. im sorry daddy i didnt mean too. ill lie daddy. i promise ill be good."

"...they'll never find you"

END FLASHBACK

I guess i must have walked into somebody as i was thinking because next thing i know im on my ass on concrete and theres a body next to me letting out variations of 'im so sorry and holy shit i cant believe that just happened'

I lifted myself off the ground and held up my hand to help the girl that looked about my age regain her balance. I have no idea what was going through her head but all i could think was how much pain i was in from a simple fall, well atleast these future bruises were of my own doing.

"Hey"

Observation: maybe some people do get personal in the big cities.

"Uhm Hi."

"Im Kate, and uh, sorry for knocking you down"

"No really it was my fault, i should have watched where i was going."
I guess i was so used to apologizing that it came naturally, but this time something actually was my fault.

"Or you could not tell me your name, thats fine too" it sounded like a bitchy comment, but it really wasnt, she added a smile at the end to make me know that.

"im Eliza, nice to meet you."

"yea hey were you in Mr. J's homeroom last term?"

"no"

"oh uh well that was awkward then, do you go to Carnever High?"

"i just moved here with my dad, hes traveling for buisness"

"oh thats cool, where you from? how old are you???"

This girl asked to many questions, but i was prepared, ive told these lies to the truck stop people and dunkin donuts we visited when the bruises cleared, but it was still this dull aching feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Im from Ohio (lie) and im 15 (lie)"

"oh cool, ive never been to ohio. and thats cool im 15 too"

"thats cool well i have to go i was at work (lie 3) my break is over"

"ohkay uh wanna hang out tomorrow? unless you have work, then i can meet you on your break"

"sure"

With the final word i walked away, i had no intention of meeting the strange over joyed girl.

_________________________________________________

I dont know why i did it or how it came into my mind but i followed the same route and met Kate.

I met Kate everyday for about a month and we became close, i mean as close as you can get when your life was a lie. She thought my name was Eliza and that i was a 15 year old from Ohio. Kate became more relaxed though, it turned out she had a major sugar rush that day.

Everything was routine until one day, when it wasnt. i was late getting home from meeting Kate and my father took it out on me really bad.

I covered up my face with the amount of makeup i had left from the trip, it wasnt as bad as last time but my face was bruised and i had an adorable black eye to match.

Daddy was working today until 7pm because even running from the feds involves needing money. I met Kate at the same corner that i knocked her day one day nearly a month ago.
Kate was one of the few houses in this city that actually had a swimming pool. We were walking to her house since i didnt have my normal 20 minute allowance and we decided to take a shortcut through the woods and hopped the fence into the neighbors yard, i guess this is what being a normal kid felt like..it was nice. We hopped our last fence into Kate's backyard and she wanted to go in the pool to swim, i said no of course, so we were playing on the trampoline and when we finally landed our last flip we were laughing and she pushed me in a joking way, but i lost my ballance and slipped right into her pool. SHIT. when i came up to the surface i looked straight at her and she at me.

"OH MY GOD"

i forgot to wear my waterproof makeup. the bruises and black eye on my face were exposed and the shirts fabric clung to my skin, faintly revealing the familiar black and blue that covered my face. i did the only thing possible, i started to rush out of her pool.

"i...uh..i have too go."

"no..no..no....no....no. eliza come back here"

She blocked off the gate and i had no choice but to stay.

"who did this to you?"

"im a klutz"

"if you want to pull that over on me think of a better excuse."

"its nothing, im fine"

"cops. ill call the cops, theyll help"

"NO"

as much as i wanted to be free of the bruises the cops stayed out.

"Eliza its me or the cops, you have to come clean, whats going on!"

"the whole story?"

"the whole story"

I told her everything, about my name, my age, the individual bruises on my body and the running from the feds. i never thought id tell my story to anybody, even though there will be new bruises i feel free, not 100% but free-er than i felt when i woke up this morning.

"Ashton..I"

"you dont have to say anything, you wanted the whole story and you got it."

I turned to leave again but just like my first that attempt was blocked.

"Ashton stop!"

She did the only thing she could think of i guess, she ran up and gave me the biggest hug her body could muster, and for once i didnt thinik about my bruises or how much my body ached i layed my head on her shoulder and let the tears fall, in big, loud, exadgerated gasps. And sometime inbetween the early sobs and the gasping for air i realized she'd been crying too.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it guys.

they say writing your characters POV gets their emotions into your head, well its true. im not sure i want what ashton is feeling in my head but i have to.