Status: In progress..

You Got it All

Ideal of Perfection

A girl in a white, frilly blouse and a short, pink pencil skirt strutted down the school hallway. Her chocolate brown hair was bouncing around her shoulders in perfect waves, and a posse of four girls were flanking her on each side. That girl, is me. Carli Mitchell. Head of the swim team, part of the school's robotics club, top of the class, prom queen for the past two years; which is quite impressive, seeing as the first crown I won was at a prom I wasn't even allowed to attend as I was a freshman. Everyone sees me as exactly what I seem to be. Perfection. How can one girl be so smart, so beautiful, so popular and not be perfect. It's quite easy, really, because those who think of me as perfect obviously don't know who I am.

School was a boring blur. Everyone crowding around me at lunch when really I just wanted to be left alone, it was all part of the act I preformed everyday. A different one for at school than for with my family and close friends. I was ever-changing; like a chameleon who was just trying to fit in with every part of it's surroundings.

Most people don't understand why I am how I am. Only my sister really gets it, and even she only knows how not why. I have a gift, as she would call it, so that I can be anything anyone wants. I'm not going to go outright and say I'm manipulative, but that's mostly because who wants to see themselves like that? I sure know that I don't. But, I also don't see what I can do as a gift, it's more like a curse, an impulse, an addiction. The feeling of being able to take control in whatever situation I'm in is worse than any drug I've ever tried. It gives you the feeling of ultimate power, and that I believe is the root of all evil.

"Carls," a voice rang out over the blabbing crowd sitting at my lunch table. It was Mikael. My knight in shining armor and the only person who's ever come close to seeing the real me. The man I love more than anything in the world; but he'll never know that. "Hey Miky!" my voice chimed back, jumping up from my table and tossing my barely touched food right into the can. "I see miss perfection is still at her tricks." he said with a wiggle of his eyebrows and a smirk at the filled table and the few heads that followed me as I stood to talk to him. "So, this weekend.. " his eyes were bright green and full of life.
"We're on." My voice was a little higher pitched than it should be. We were going to the water park that was two blocks away from my house. In my head, it was like a date. In his, I'm sure it was something more along the lines of a social get together.. But it was a social get together that no one else knew about. Like our own little secret world.

Now, Mikael wasn't what you would call one of 'my' crowd. He was a friend from the robotics club, and what would be -by standard- a nerd. A loser. Someone that a person of my caliber shouldn't associate with. Most people thought I only talked to him because we were in robotics club together, and figured that since we were partners on a lot of projects, it was strictly "robotics business". Little did they know.

"Hey baby.." I heard his voice, smooth as honey right in my ear as he sauntered up. Miky's face quickly turned sour. "I'll see you in robotics, CarCar.." he said softly as his feet slapped the floor from his hasty retreat. His arm snaked around my waist, and I could feel the stares of jealousy from all the other girls in the cafeteria; but really, I would give anything for him to just leave me alone. "Hello, Damien.." I cooed in a loving tone, kissing his lips softly and pulling myself into him. Damien was my boyfriend. He was my fellow captain on the swim team, and happened to be the most popular boy in school. He had icey blue eyes that were always cold, dirty blond hair that was always nicely styled and an usually charming persona. We were the perfect match; or so everyone thought.
The ideals of perfection.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. I'm not sure what I think of it. Feedback?
>_>;