Status: I'm back, bitches! >:D

Snap!

Chapter 38: "Why all the secrecy?"

~

“And how are you doing today?”

Kiro smiled at the cornrowed boy and entered his home. “Okay. You?” he asked as he pulled his hair back into a pony tail.

“I don't really see why that matters. It's more about you right now.” Tom replied as he shut the door.

Kiro bit his lip in the silence that followed, tugging on the cuffs of his sweat shirt awkwardly. “Uhm...do you have anything to eat? I skipped breakfast this morning.”

Tom nodded. “You skipped it...or you didn't have anything?” he asked as he led the blonde to the kitchen.

Kiro shrugged. “Mom forgot to go to the store again. No biggy.” he said as he busied himself in finding a snack. His eyes lit up when he saw a left over piece of chocolate cake sitting on the third shelf of the refrigerator. He grabbed it tore off a small piece, moaning in delight the second the icing hit his taste buds.

“Kiro, you can't be skipping meals. You need to keep your strength up.”

Kiro paused his cake consumption and exhaled through his nose as he swallowed the bit of chocolate in his mouth. He wiped off the corner of his mouth slowly and set the cake down on the counter. “I know.” he sighed. “I'm sorry, I just...what am I supposed to do? I don't have a job. It's not like I can stash food in my room. You need money to do that.”

Tom sighed and reached into his back pocket, pulling out his wallet. He grabbed two twenties and placed them in Kiro's hand, stroking the blondes knuckles momentarily. “Think that will tide you over for a little while?”

“Tom, you don't have to-”

“I want to. I'm not gonna stand by and let you starve.”

Kiro sniffled and bit his lip. “Thank you.”

Tom smiled and pulled the blonde to his chest, frowning when he heard a sob come from the boy. “Everything will be okay.” he whispered.

What the fuck?!”

The two boys pulled apart at the shout, spotting a very angry Andreas standing in the entryway. “Andreas. Uh...what are you doing here?” Tom asked, eyes wide.

Andreas' eyes narrowed. “I came over thinking we could have dinner together and have sex all night...but I guess you've already gotten your fill.” he said, tossing the pizza box he'd been holding to the ground, splattering sauce all over the floor.

“What? Whoa! It's so not what it looks like.” Kiro stated, tucking the twenties Tom had given him into his pocket.

“Shut up, you little bitch.” he snapped, then turned to look at his boyfriend. “So you're paying him now?”

“No! He just needed to borrow a few bucks. Andreas, you're seriously overlooking this. Kiro and I are just friends.”

“Bullshit! We've hardly even seen each other the past few weeks! You're always with him!”

“Look, Andreas...I'm just going through some things right now. Tom's just being a good friend and helping me out. There's nothing sexual about this.”

“Besides, you're my boyfriend. I wouldn't cheat on you.”

“Fuck you! Fuck both of you!”

“Andreas, calm down.” Tom said as he approached his frantic boyfriend. Andreas shoved him away immediately and took out the door in a huff. It wasn't until he heard a gasp that he turned around. His eyes widened when he saw Kiro on the floor, gasping in pain. “Kiro? Oh shit. I'm taking you to the hospital.”

~

“Carsten Schafer. S-C-H-A-F-E-R. For fuck's sake, just tell me where his room is!” Yu growled at the nurse behind the counter.

“Room 326. Third floor, second hallway. Oh, and if you're free after you see your friend-”

“Not interested.” Yu said before taking off to the elevators. After much running he finally reached room 326 and didn't even bother to knock before bursting in. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw his friend lying in a bed, an IV taped in his hand.

Kiro's eyes nearly popped out of his head. “Yu. I...what are you doing here?” he asked, yanking up the blankets to his chest.

“I get a call saying my best friend is in the hospital. I came as soon as I heard. Are you okay? What the hell happened?” he asked, slipping his hand into Kiro's.

“Uhm...it's nothing. I was at Tom's, Andreas came over and got the wrong idea. He shoved Tom and Tom accidentally elbowed me in the stomach. It's no big deal. It just hurt.”

Yu looked to the nurse. “Is he okay?”

She smiled at him, pulling a machine towards the bed. “So far, everything's normal. We just need to do an ultrasound to make sure.”

“No. I don't need an ultrasound.” Kiro stated.

“Sweetie, we need to make sure the baby's okay.”

Yu's brows furrowed. “Baby? Miss, I think you have the wrong room. Kiro isn't pregnant. He isn't even intersexed.”

The nurse looked at Kiro and took his wrist, examining the hospital band. “No. Carsten Schafer. Normally an elbow to the gut isn't a big deal, but it's very dangerous for someone who's pregnant. I'm just gonna pull your gown up a bit, alright?”

Before Kiro could object, the gown was pulled up, completely exposing his obviously pregnant belly. He merely closed his eyes and waited for a reaction from his friend.

Yu's jaw was hanging open. He was staring at Kiro's stomach like it was some foreign object from space. “...you're pregnant...” he whispered. “Holy fucking shit. You're pregnant.”

Kiro bit his tongue when he felt Yu's hand pull away from his. “I was gonna tell you. I swear, I was.”

“How far are you?”

“...five months. Give or take a few days.”

“Shit.” Yu breathed, running his hands through his hair. “How the fuck did I not notice?”

“I've been hiding it. I didn't want you to find out yet. I wanted to tell you myself.”

Yu inhaled a shaky breath. “Who's the father?” he asked, a confused look on his face.

Kiro pursed his lips and didn't answer.

“Kiro. Who's the father?”

“...I-”

“It's me.”

Tom slowly entered the room, both hands in his pockets as he nibbled on his lip ring. “I'm the father.”

Kiro looked at Tom in utter disbelief. “Tom?”

“Kiro, there's no point in hiding it anymore. Yu's our friend. He deserves to know.”

Yu shook his head, his brain trying to register all the information it had just been given. “Wait...so...you guys have really been fucking? Christ! For how long?”

“A while.” Tom muttered.

“And...why didn't you tell me? I mean come on, it's not like I would have cared! Kiro and I have sex all the time. Hell Tom, even we've done it a few times! Why all the secrecy?”

“We figured you had enough to deal with. You and Bill were still fighting all the time, and worrying about this and that. You had enough on your plate.”

“Dude...Bill's gonna fucking kill you. What about Andreas? I thought you really liked him.”

“I did. I still do. But...Kiro needs me right now.” Tom stated, nodding towards the boy in the bed. “I'm not gonna leave him to deal with this alone.”

Yu sighed. “You still should have told me. You know I'm always there for you, Kiro.”

Kiro shook his head. “I know you mean well, but you can't be there for me. You have two newborns that you need to take care of. You know I love you, you're my best friend. But you have your own responsibilities. It's not like you can loan me money for diapers or baby clothes. Just about everything you make goes towards the twins.”

Yu frowned. He couldn't deny that Kiro was right. He barely made enough money to keep himself fed and support Bill. He'd been living on the streets if he had to give anything else away. “I wanna help you out, Kiro. I have an idea of what you're going through.”

“It's not your job. I don't want you to work yourself to death just so you can give me a few bucks. It's not fair to you.”

“Do your parents know?”

Kiro gave his friend a sad look. “If they did, I wouldn't have a roof over my head.”

“Which is why after we tell them, he's gonna move in with me.”

Both Yu and Kiro looked at Tom like he'd gone completely mental. “What?” they chorused.

“It's not like you have anywhere else to go. I'm not gonna let you live on the streets.”

“Tom...I've met your parents before. They don't like me. They'd never let me stay.”

“That's their problem. You're my friend, and I'm gonna look out for you. You can count on that, okay?”

“Uhm...excuse me...but I really need to get an ultrasound. We need to make sure the baby wasn't harmed.” the nurse who'd been long forgotten stated, holding the wand and a bottle of blue goop in her hands.

“Kay.” Kiro mumbled, lying back and shoving the blankets down below his stomach. He winced when the wand met his skin, the cold surprising him. He watched the screen anxiously with his friends and the nurse, silently praying his child was okay.

The nurse smiled a couple minutes later and looked at Kiro. “Everything's just fine. I don't see any blood or damage anywhere. Though I do see the gender. Would you like to know?”

“I...uh...” Kiro paused, completely unsure as he looked at his friends.

“It's your choice.” Yu stated.

“Whatever you want.” Tom smiled.

Kiro pursed his lips and looked back to the nurse, nodding slowly.

“Congratulations. You're having a baby girl.” she said. “Would you like a picture?”

After saying yes and having his stomach wiped off, he couldn't help but smile as a tear drizzled down his cheek. “A girl.” he whispered, reaching down and stroking his stomach with an amazed sense of joy.

Yu put on a grin and clamped his hand on Tom's shoulder, shaking it gently. “Congrats, man. You're gonna have a daughter.”

Tom sighed, but faked a smile. “Yep. A daughter. My daughter.”

~
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow...*hides behind my cat* It's been like...a month. O_O

I AM SO SORRY! T_T For some reason, I've actually been busy this summer. *gasp* And I'm never busy...*looks around accusingly*...

This chapter isn't nearly as good as I would like, but it's here. :3 And no, this isn't improvision. I had this planned. *grins evilly*

QUESTIONS!!!!!

Q: What's gonna happen between Andreas, Tom, and Kiro?
Q: Will Kiro's parents kick him out when he tell them about the baby?
Q: How will Andreas react when he finds out about the baby?
Q: Can you ever forgive me for the wait? T_T
Q: Will you be my precious demonic angels and comment?

Well...I love you all. Thank you so much for being patient with me. I'm going through some stuff right now...so I'll just end it here instead of rambling senselessly about robots and zombie movies.

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE! <3