Status: Complete

The Heart Does Go On

Chapter 13 - "I don't think the word 'chess' would be coming up tonight"

When Joey and I met back with the group, we didn’t mention about what just happened with Kaiba and the creep. I didn’t mention what Kaiba had said to me to Joey, I just decided to ignore what happened. If I told Joey, Joey would become enraged and I didn’t want to start drama.

When we all met up, we decided to go to a restaurant named “Super Pepper” it was apparently an all you can eat restaurant, Joey and Tristan’s pick. Tea seemed disgusted by the idea, and Yugi seemed pretty apathetic but we all piled into Joey’s car and off we went.

***

After Joey and Tristan had gone through about 10 plates piled high with greasy pizza, pasta, noodles and other assorted foods, the attention was bought back to me who had only had 2 plates filled with mostly salads. Even Tea had some pizza and pasta.

“Hey babe, what gives, you’ll fill up on salad” Joey asked me.

“After eating all those hamburgers and fast food lately, I feel I need to cleanse my insides.” I replied, crunching on a piece of lettuce.

“Bah! Rabbit food!” Tristan replied, disgusted.

“Ella, you don’t need to starve yourself. You’re nice and thin.” Tea commented.

“I know...it’s not about putting on weight. It’s about giving my body the right food.” I retorted.

Whilst I was concerned about my body size, why is it so hard to eat right and exercise without people screaming ‘you have an eating disorder’ at you? I get it that eating disorders are a big issue, but by me wanting to eat right and exercise you’re taking attention from those who really need it..

Yugi gave me a look, and I knew that sometime tonight he’d be having a talk with me.

“Actually. I feel like pizza and pasta now. Then I think I’ll grab a lot of dessert.” I fake smiled, and went up to the pizza bar.

“Me too.” Yugi said, and quickly got up.

“Follow me.” He said, and led me down a corridor, just outside the kitchen.

“I know you don’t have an eating disorder, but I could sense some discomfort. What’s up?” Yugi asked me.

“Nothing, I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I lied.

“Ella.” He grumbled, and he let Yami take over him.

“Ella, it’s okay,” Yami said, placing a hand on my shoulder “you said if I listened to your problem the other day, it would be too late to turn back. Well now it’s too late, and you promised to let me listen to you.”

“Okay fine, but there’s a few things.” I sighed.

“Yes?” Yami asked.

“If I promise to tell you, will you not make any judgment calls? Or even say anything? I just want to tell you, and then I want to go back to the others. Okay?” I asked and he nodded.

“Okay. One, I used to be overweight. I was a very chubby kid, borderline obese. I weighed more as an 11 year old than I do as a 17 year old. I can wear my clothes from childhood, and they hang off me.” I said.

“Wow, I wouldn’t have known.” Yami stated.

“Yeah, I know. No one ever believes me when I tell them that. Because I was a chubby kid, I got picked on, heavily. To this day I’m still suffering from posttraumatic stress, but that’s a story for another day. And lastly, it’s about my ex boyfriend. The one I told you about.” I gulped.

“What else did he do?” Yami gasped.

“He called me fat and chubby on a few occasions. This was not too long after I lost my childhood waist, so I was still fairly delicate and fragile. I would ask him if I looked fat, and he would reply with ‘yes’ or ‘the fat is mostly just around the middle” or “you’re not fat, you are chubby though, hm...’ he even did it in front of my friends.” I said.

“It seems to me he was the one insecure about your relationship and said nasty things so you would feel under confident and stay with him.” Yami told me.

“Hey! I said not to say anything. But yes, I know you’re right” I sighed

***

After dinner, we all went our separate ways. Yugi said he had chores to do at home, Tea said she had homework to do and Tristan said he wanted to see Serenity. Joey and I stayed together; we went around cruisin’ the neighbourhood in his car.

I took the time he was driving around to really stare at him. I thought his messy blonde hair was cute (I had a major fetish for messy hair) as were his brown eyes. His Brooklyn accent reminded me a little of home, and I found it strangely comforting, even if I was from the opposite side of the country.

“Joey, can you pull over?” I asked him,

“Sure, I can. Why?” Joey asked.

“Well, remember what I suggested before at KaibaLand? The backseat...” I said trailing off, and he instantly got the gist.

We stayed silent as Joey drove to the destination he had in mind. After 5 minutes we ended up at a secluded destination.

I nervously undid my seatbelt and opened the door and jumped into the backseat. I was nervous because I didn’t know where I wanted to go with this. I was only joking back at KaibaLand, but I did want a little physical action with Joey though, even if it was 100% non sexual.

Joey cheekily grinned as he jumped into the backseat with me. He adjusted the backseat and made the backs of the seats fall down, so we had more room.

“I don’t want you to feel pressured, okay? So if I take things too far, say stop.” Joey said.

“Should we have a safety word?” I asked him.

“Yeah, okay. What?” He replied.

“Um, I don’t think the word ‘chess’ would come up. How about that?” I asked.

“Mmm okay.” Joey replied, and roughly pushed me down onto the fallen seats and began to make-out with me.

His kisses went from my mouth, to my neck, and then to my mouth again, using his tongue.

“Joey.” I panted through kisses.

“Mmm yeah Ella?” He asked.

“Do you think we haven’t been going out for long enough to be doing this?” I asked him.

“I think it’s okay, we’ve been going out for a few weeks now, and whatever happens nothing will be your first right?” Joey asked, shifting himself and sitting up.

“No, it won’t be.” I confirmed, copying his actions

“Okay. Well we’ve been going out for a few weeks; it won’t be my first time or yours, for whatever happens even if we don’t go all the way. I don’t see us breaking up anytime soon, so it’s not like it’s just a fling. We both care about each other, so I don’t think it’s too soon.” Joey replied.

“Yeah, you’re right.” I said, jumping onto him with kisses.

I don’t think the word ‘chess’ would be coming up tonight.