Status: Complete

The Heart Does Go On

Chapter 95 - "Ciao. Mi chiamo Ella. Come stai?"

Life was beginning to settle down again in the Kaiba mansion. Seto had convinced me to hold a birthday party for myself, and that he would get everything organized. I only had 2 weeks to do this, so in a few days I was going to get together with Kathryn and Duke for an afternoon and plan everything then, I didn’t have time to continually plan the party as I went along.

But right now, I was getting ready for a wedding. Well, to be more precise the hairdresser and make-up artist was getting me ready for the wedding (Seto insisted)

We had received the invitation months ago, when I was still living with my father. Seto had sent the RSVP straight away, but things fizzled out when we broke up and Seto was going to just not show up, but because we got back together Seto had decided to go again.

Who were the bride and groom? Hell if I know. However one of Seto’s main business associates, Mr. Yoshio Ogyu was the father of the bride, and I had met him once at a corporate function. So therefore we got automatically invited.

Seto had offered to buy me a dress, but I refused, my wardrobe was piling with dresses that he had bought, so I told him to invest his assets into something that will bring him a greater return, and he can spoil me with those ;)

However I did lead him into my room to pick out which one of my dresses that I own that I should wear. He picked out a dress I commonly wore to parties, I wore it to Kathryn’s party and other numerous parties I had attended in Domino: it was a red dress that was low cut, with silky material that bunched up at the bottom. It was probably the best dress I owned to wear to a wedding, so I was happy with his choice.

The hairdresser that Seto had hired gave me a sort of up-do, with my bangs and a few curls sticking out, and the make-up artist had given me smoky-eyes look, with very pale porcelain-like skin to match. It wasn’t my usual style, I usually went for fresh/natural make-up and wearing my hair down, but I couldn’t complain, it was nice for a change.

“Aww Tess doesn’t she look so beautiful?” The hairdresser asked the make-up artist who agreed.

“I know some hairdressers, they say they have to say that to every client even if they look horrible, they say they love saying it to the rich botox housewives that come in 3 times a week to get their hair washed.” I smirked.

“Your friend is right, but darl, you’re Seto Kaiba’s girlfriend. Of course you’re going to be gorgeous.” The makeup artist said and a blush creeped across my face.

Seto walked into the room, and actually let out a low whistle when he saw me.

“Ladies, I am impressed. You may now go, and I will make sure you will be paid well for your work.” Seto said complimenting the 2 professionals he hired who high fived at the compliment and left the room.

“Now, it’s my turn.” Seto smirked, his attention turning to me.

“Your turn for what?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

“Well, this is going to be our first major public appearance since we last broke up, I need my girl to look as sexy as possible.” Seto said, and grabbed the straps of my dress.

He began to adjust it, making the straps looser so that the dress went more low cut. He then adjusted my bra straps to make them tighter, pulling up my boobs to make them ‘pop out’ more.

“I feel so violated.” I joked, whacking him on the arm playfully.

“You love it.” He smirked.

***

Of course Seto and I would be seated on the second most important table of the whole wedding, excluding the bride and groom’s table. We were seated on the table of the bride and groom’s parents.

Seto was next to Mr. Yoshio Ogyu and his wife, whilst I was sat next to the groom’s parents. They were Italian, and couldn’t speak English very well, so there was a translator on the other side of them.

Seto was in a deep conversation with the Ogyus, so I decided to brush up on the very little Italian I knew, and decided to strike up a conversation with the groom’s parents.

Hmmm how do I do this? I remember there were formal and informal ways of speaking. I only learned the informal ways when I studied Italian for 6 months, oh crap.

I tried to remember how to say ‘good afternoon’ the formal way, but I could not remember. I only remembered ‘good morning’ Oh well, I guess a ‘ciao’ can’t hurt if you don’t speak Italian very well.

“Ciao. Mi chiamo Ella. Come stai?” I asked the woman to my left (Hi, my name is Ella. How are you?)

“Buon pomeriggio. Sto bene, grazie. Come stai?” The woman replied.

From what I gathered she was saying ‘good afternoon, I am good thanks. How are you?’

“grazie buono” I replied, and then explained to the translator that was all the Italian I knew, haha.

After the magnificent feast we had eaten, and a few glasses of champagne the music began to play.

Feeling a little tipsy, I dragged Seto onto the dance floor who let out a loud groan. I giggled the whole time though, and we danced to many slow love songs and even a few fast paced song.

We especially slow danced to ‘My Heart Will Go On’ because well, that song is sweet and I love it. Seto even stopped his eye rolling and slow danced properly with me, he had his arms around my waist and I had mine around his shoulders, and our foreheads rested against each other’s whilst we danced, so romantic.

We spent a long while dancing together after that song’s ice breaker, everything around us just kind of phased out, and it seemed as if we were the only ones in the room. It was perhaps the most romantic and intimate moment I had ever had with a boyfriend.

However all good things must come to an end, and so did this as the MC for the night announced it was time for the bouquet to be caught and for everything to give their wishes to the bride and groom on their way out.

I didn’t want to be in the crowd to catch the bouquet, I always thought it was a lame tradition and would always love to stand back and laugh at how serious some girls got over this.

I especially didn’t want to actually catch the bouquet myself, which I did. I swear the whole crowd gasped, and I couldn’t bring myself to look at Seto when I resumed my position next to him. He gave me a side hug though, and a kiss on the forehead to indicated ‘it’s ok’
♠ ♠ ♠
This was meant to be out last night (it was fully typed, copied and ready to go) but my boyfriend called me and it distracted me big time. Sorry.