Mourn the Losses. Cherish the Victories.

Chapter 11

The ride up to Patrick's room was a short one, but it was long enough for all the hurt, and regret to turn into anger. Lily couldn’t remember ever feeling this much rage inside her, she wanted desperately to find Pete, knock some sense into him, and some answers out of him.

She hesitated a moment before knocking on the door suddenly becoming self-conscious about how she looked. She knew she looked horrible, but this wasn't the time or place to start acting like Janie. Running her fingers through her hair, she grew impatient and knocked once again. A sigh of relief left her lips when she heard the clicks of the locks on the other side of the door.

Instead of Patrick, Andy appeared dressed in only a pair of boxers. His hair was disheveled, and his glassed were crooked. He had obviously been sleeping.

"Lily?" Andy squinted his eyes, and let out a long yawn. He looked her over again, this time realizing the state she was in. "Are you alright? Patrick's right here I—"

"No, no, I don't want to wake him up. I'm sorry for waking you up." Lily took in a deep breath trying to slow herself down. She was talking a mile a minute, and it was becoming hard to breath. "Pete. I just need to know what room Pete is staying in."

"Why?"

Lily cut Andy off again, the frustration evident in her voice. "Please, I just need to know. I'll tell you whatever you want to know tomorrow…just. I need his room number."

Andy simply pointed down the hall. "He's the last room on the right…" He raised an eyebrow in question as Lily shot him a quick thank you and stormed down the hall. "..But I highly doubt he'll open the door!"

Lily waved off Andy's words of warning, and pounded her fist into the door with everything she had. She didn't mean to come off so rude to Andy, but there would be others times, when she didn't want to kill Pete, to apologize.

Andy was right. She didn't hear a sound in the room. With a frustrated growl she leaned heavily against the door, her forehead banging the dark wood. It was than Pete decided to open the door sending Lily flying into him.

"Whoa!" Pete caught Lily before she hit the floor, laughing slightly at the look on her face when she noticed he was only wearing boxers. "I knew you wanted to get into my pants, but can't we start with a little fore play first before we move onto the good stuff?"

Lily's face twisted with disgust as she struggled to stand up straight. Once she did regain her balance she shoved him back, creating some space between them. It was amazing how even in the worst situations he could stand there with that stupid smirk on his face. She wanted to fucking slap that stupid look off his face.

"What did you say to Janie?"

"I've said a lot of things to Janie." Pete leaned against the doorframe, his eyes flashing playfully. "You're going to have to be more specific than that."

Lily closed her eyes tightly and counted to ten. If this conversation continued on this way Fall Out Boy was going to be one less member. "What did you say to her tonight when I was out with Patrick?"

"I thought you two heard—"

"You know what I'm talking about, Peter. Don't stand there and pretend like you don't."

The venom in her voice was evident and Pete's smirk faded. He took a good look at her finally noticing her tearstained face, and running makeup. With a quick glance over his shoulder, he let out a long sigh. "Give me a minute."

Before Lily could reply the door was slammed in her face. She thought he might have locked himself in the room, but the door opened after a few minutes, reveling Pete in jeans and pulling a shirt over his head.

"Come on." Pete took Lily's hand in his own pulling her down the hall making it to the elevator before Lily ripped her hand from his grip.

"I'm not talking to Janie." Lily said stubbornly, crossing her arms over her chest. Pete rolled his eyes, and shoved her into the elevator.

"We're not going to Janie's room. We're going to our bus"

Lily looked at him completely confused. "Why the hell are we going there? Don’t want anyone to know how you fucking lied to your girlfriend, and ruined the only friendship I had?"

Pete rubbed his forehead, obviously hesitant about answering. "She wasn’t my girlfriend. There was nothing official between the two of us."

"So, basically you used her for sex?" Lily didn't know why she even bothered asking. She already knew the answer. She knew it from the beginning. He was the same as every other guy Janie dated. What she couldn't understand was why Janie became so upset, when she knew it could possibly end this way.

"I didn’t use her." Pete replied quietly, looking up at the descending numbers impatiently.

"Well, than what would you call it?"

The doors to the elevator opened and Pete noticeably relaxed. He ignored Lily's question and grabbed her arm dragging her outside where the busses were parked. This only fueled Lily's anger.

"Are you going to fucking answer me?" Lily's voice echoed through the cool night air, causing a few stares from the few people that were still up and about.

"Where is this coming from?" Pete gave her a look over his shoulder, but didn't miss a stride. He tightened his grip on her arm to the point where he knew it must have been hurting her, and dragged her onto the bus. "What happened to the shy girl that couldn't stand up for herself?"

Lily rubbed at the red ring around her wrist once Pete released her. "Don't change the subject. This isn't about me; this is about you going around screwing with people's minds. I think I have the right to be upset. There's only so much a person can take."

Pete ran a hand through his hair making it stand up even more. He let out a long, deep, sigh before replying. "That wasn't my intentions, Lily. It really wasn't." He looked at her with wide sympathetic eyes.

"Why did you have to do this? Why now?" Lily was practically pleading with him. She was frustrated and angry, but she couldn't continue yelling, not with the look he was giving her. She cleared her throat quietly, her voice hoarse, and scratchy. "Everything was so good."

"I didn't know how to tell her." Pete mumbled out of nowhere breaking the silence between the two. "I didn't want to keep playing this game and leading her on."

"So, you involve me in it? You couldn't think up a better excuse, or you know, maybe you could have told her the truth." Lily laughed bitter to herself and sat down next to Pete, letting her head fall into her hands. "She thinks I fucking slept with you."

Despite the tension in the air, Pete let out a small laugh earning him a glare from Lily. "Sweetie, if you slept with me you wouldn't be walking so straight."

Lily was amazed how Pete's emotions could change with the wave of a hand. He didn't seem fazed at all now with the fact that she was ready to practically rip his balls off earlier.

"Than maybe we should go find Janie and show her that I am still walking straight." Lily stood and went to the refrigerator to get a drink, but paused when she saw the contents. "I think we may be on the wrong bus." She said slowly, holding up a bottle of vodka. She clearly remembered no alcohol on the Fall Out Boy bus.

"So we are." Pete came to the same conclusion once he took a glance around. "I do believe we've wondered on to the Avenged Sevenfold bus."

"How convenient," Lily replied in a bored tone glancing down at her shirt. Instead of putting the bottle back like she should have, she searched the cabinets, throwing aside bags of chips, until she found a glass and poured herself a good amount of vodka. Pete watched her curiously as she downed the first glass with a grimace before pouring another.

"You're performing an illegal act." Pete commented, unable to keep the smirk off his face. "I just might have to do the right thing for once and take that bottle away from you."

Lily scoffed, and downed her third glass savoring the burning sensation in the back of her throat. Going through the fridge again she pulled out a bottle of beer. "You're gonna have to pry it from my cold dead fingers." She leaned against the counter, taking a long swing from the beer challenging Pete with her eyes.

Lily wasn't much of a drinker. In fact this was the first time she actually drank this much. Sure, she had a shot or two around New Years thanks to a little coaxing on Janie's part, but nothing beyond that. She could already feel the affects of the vodka running through her body, and she couldn't deny that it felt good. For once, she felt free of all the burdens in her life. Not just because of the alcohol, but because she just didn't give a shit anymore. There was only so much she could take, but in the back of her mind she knew she would go back to caring too much, and attempt to mend things that we just not meant to be fixed.

"Zacky and the others are going to be very disappointed to find their stash gone." Pete made his way over to Lily placing a hand on either side of the counter trapping her. He managed to pry the bottle from her hand. "And you don't seem like much of a drinker, so maybe you should quit while you're ahead."

"Maybe you should go back into the hotel and ruin Patrick's life. While you're at it why don't you ruin Andy's and Joe's too. No, point in leaving them out." Lily shot back grabbing back the bottle and finishing its contents before Pete attempted to take it from her again. "Hell, lets just rain on every ones fucking parade."

The taste in her mouth was stale and disgusting, but her body was on fire. It was a new feeling for her, one that she was enjoying. She could remember back in high school all those meaningless speeches given about alcohol impairing your senses, but the was bullshit. Lily felt more alive than she ever had.

Pete's eyes were burning into her, she could feel it, and she lifted her head studying his face. Her eyes fell to his lips, and it was than she realized how close he was. She could smell the faint scent of his cologne mixed with a bit of sweat, and feel his hip bones resting against her stomach.

The room was dead silent with the exception of her ragged breathing. She could hear it pounding in her ears. Did Pete hear her breathing so heavily? She saw his lips moving, but she couldn't hear what he was saying. She was too involved in studying every curve of his lips, and wondering what it would be like to kiss them. She wanted so desperately to kiss them.

She shocked both herself and Pete by acting on impulse and covering Pete's lips with her own. It was a painstakingly slow kiss, Lily took her time and explored every inch of his lips. The beer bottle in her hands was soon forgotten and dropped to the floor, shattering into pieces all over the floor. Neither cared, nor did either Lily or Pete acknowledged that it happened.

When she didn't think the kiss could get any more intense, Pete cupped both sides of her face, tilting her head back allowing him better access. He opened his mouth a bit wider deepening the kiss, than pulled back to nibble on Lily's lip earning a deep moan from her, and a tug at his belt.

Lily didn't know where all of this was coming from, but it was there and she needed to get it out. All her frustrations, and anger were involved in that kiss making it that more passionate.

They both found themselves panting once the contact was broken. Pete stared at Lily unsure of how he should react. He never expected things to go this far, especially with Lily initiating it.

"Lily…" Pete swallowed hard, and removed her hands from his belt. His eyes searched hers, trying to understand what exactly was going on.

Lily didn't hesitate, she was lost in the moment, and there was no going back now. Her hands found their way to his belt once again, pulling the leather strap until it was undone, and thrown aside. "You are all talk, aren't you?" Her eyes taunted him, silently begging him to make a move. She needed him to do something.

"No more than you are."

"I don't think I believe you, Wentz."

"Oh, but I think you do." The corner of Pete's lip curled into a smirk feeling Lily shift her hips into his own. He didn't know if it was deliberate or not, but he did know it was something he wouldn't mind her doing again. "I think you really do."

For the second time that night they found themselves lost in the taste and feel of the other's kisses. No words were said between the two, they weren't needed. They both knew what they wanted.