‹ Prequel: Happily Ever After
Sequel: Melting Ice
Status: Complete

I'm Simply Leaving

He Was Gone

Aiden’s point of view.
Castle моинк.
Day of the funeral.

I sat in an armchair, staring at the flames in the fireplace, twirling the scotch in my glass. I was out of my mind drunk, just the way I like it, and actually feeling more sorry for myself than usual.

My sister had stopped by yesterday, to tell me that the old bastard prince had choked off and died and that after today’s funeral, Kayla would basically be our now ruler. Great. I’m so happy.

Not only did she ruin my life and get her happily ever after with the hunky Michael… now she’s going to be able to make all our lives miserable and no one can stand up to her.

My father had wanted me at the funeral, but I simply refused. I did like the old prince, but not enough to go and be in Kayla’s presence. My sister couldn’t go either, because she had some very important mythology lecture that she just had to attend. I can just guess at the bitch fit my father threw when both his children refused to go to the most important funeral in the last thousand years.

He could represent the family just fine without me. Besides, with my scraggly beard, lifeless eyes and piss-poor attitude, I’m pretty sure that he would have refused my drunken ass anyway.

The flames continued to dance, making a beautiful picture. Oh, how I would have liked to have shared this view with Shane. He loved things like this, even though he pretended to be indifferent. He kept insisting that he had this badass reputation to uphold, but when he was with me, alone, he was simply my Shane. And now he was gone.

I downed the rest of the scotch and reached for the bottle to pour some more. I still had a room full of finely aged scotch and whiskey, but I was running through it pretty quickly.

Mental note to self: get George the butler to buy more liquor.

I started giggling, but then it grew to hysteria and after that I was crying.

Damn. Just what the fuck am I going to do without Shane?
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a bit of a filler. But I like it anyway. I think it shows rather nicely the pain and anguish that Aiden is going through.

This is the Aiden's castle. By the way, моинк is russian for Monique. I named the caslte after myself. I wanted something of myself in my story. Just a bit of useless info.

Comment!!!