‹ Prequel: Happily Ever After
Sequel: Melting Ice
Status: Complete

I'm Simply Leaving

Strip

Kayla’s point of view.
The Hall of Ancients.
Montreux, Switzerland.

I sat in the chair of the νύχτα for the first time and felt all the weight of the responsibility crash onto my shoulders like a ton of bricks. We were in the Hall of the Ancients in Switzerland. The Chillon Castle, also known as the Chateau de Chillon, is located near Montreux and consists of a hundred buildings, several dungeons, three courtyards and four great halls. Each hall provides spectacular views of Lake Geneva.

We were in one of those great halls right now. This castle has been the Council home for Ancients for many centauries. Two νύχτα princes had sat here before me. And now I was in charge. It was scary as hell.

The reason for the meeting was to welcome our newest Ancient, Malkom Rowen. He was over one thousand and seven hundred years old.

It was customary to have a week of mourning for a dead Ancient and then have the first meeting after that. Malkom had long been in the Wielders of Reason, so we all new him. We’d had the vote to kill the dead prince’s wife via videoconference, so this officially consisted of our first meeting.

We were discussing a recent report of killings; wives being murdered by their husbands in the name of Prince Vere. There had only been four killings so far, but it was four too many and had to be stopped.

I sat quietly, looking at all the men around me as they discussed the matter at hand. The man sitting at my right hand - my old seat - Prince Talan Montgomerie was more than a thousand years younger than me, but had become a good friend over the years. On my left, was Prince Lucian Selbourne, known better to everyone as “Ice.” It was said that he had no heart and I believed it. I’d known him a very long time and he’s never shown compassion. He doesn’t waver in battle or ever show any form of remorse. When he heard of the prince’s death, he just shrugged as if he couldn’t care less. At the funeral he’d been stoic and bored. I doubt he has one friend in the whole world. How sad must that not be. To have no family, no friends, to not even have a good relationship with your brother’s in arms. To be so alone in the universe.

It got me thinking of Shane and Aiden. I need to come up with a plan to save them from themselves and fast. I’m afraid that Aiden might try to do something stupid. He had that self-destructive look in his eyes, the last time I saw him.

Speaking of all things Witiezslav, Aiden’s father, Prince Valens was irritating the hell out of me. He always had a freaking opinion about everything and believed that his way was the right and only way. There had been more than one occasion where I really just wanted to shoot him.

Vere had always told me to be patient. “He’s young,” he’d say in that calm tone of his. Vere had been only fifty years older than me, but often his wisdom had surpassed mine. I still can’t believe that he’s dead. How could the old bastard leave me like that? With all this council nonsense? I’d believed that I’d cried myself all out, but I felt the stinging of tears and forced them back.

Valens looked like he was getting ready to start one of his arguments, so I decided to intervene.

“Enough, gentlemen. The four men responsible must pay for their crimes just as Vere’s wife did; by hanging. Prince Malkom, will take four members of the Wielders of Reason with him and see that it is done. We will make an example of these men. No one is above the law and to kill your wife for any reason, especially one as stupid as that, cannot go unpunished.” I looked around the room, glad that I had asserted my authority. “If there are no other matters, then this meeting has come to a close. A good day to you all.”

With that, I rose and took my leave. When I got to my suite, I threw the stupid council robe over a chair and curled up next to Michael, where he was sitting on the sofa, watching television.

He put his arm around me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

“How did it go?”

“Good, I guess. Valens irritated me, but that’s normal for him.”

Michael chuckled, “Did you show them who’s boss?”

“Yeah and don’t look so smug about it.”

“Oh, come on, I love the fact that you’re even more badass than before. It makes you bloody sexy.” His eyes were smouldering; a promise that he could make all my fantasies come true.

My gaze left him to watch the events unfold on the TV.

“Um, babe, since when do you watch Gossip Girl?”

He blushed, “You got me hooked. There’s just so much drama, but I was tired of never knowing what was going on, so I got one of the servants to get me all four seasons.”

“Dear Hecate, there is no way that I’m sleeping with you now,” I said pulling out of his embrace.

“Oi, come back here! I thought girls liked guys who are sensitive…”

“Not this girl. She likes her warlord too much to replace him with a nancy boy.”

His look turned playful, “Well, then let’s go see if we can find him.”

He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. He dropped me on the bed and stood there, towering over me.

“Strip,” he commanded and I did as I was told. I slowly removed every article of clothing that I was wearing, as he watched me very closely. “Now, take off my clothes,” he said in a growl.

I divested him of his clothes and then sank down to my knees in front of him. I took him into my hand and a hiss escaped his lips as I started moving my hand up and down his thick, swollen shaft. I thought he might pass out when I put the tip of him in my mouth and then started sucking. He groaned and fisted his hand in my hair.

After a few more minutes, he shoved me away and ordered me back onto the bed. I went onto my hands and knees and turned to look over my shoulder; giving an inviting look.

He growled and the next minute he was sliding home into the core of me. We both moaned and he started pumping his hips as I met him thrust for thrust. He moulded himself against my back and I drew my head to one side, barring my neck in the process. He didn’t hesitate.

His fangs pierced my neck and I felt my body on the verge of coming, when he drank from me. I started screaming and with a roar from him, we both came simultaneously. We fell into a heap, spent and sated.

He leaned over and gave me a soft, sweet kiss.

I have to say, I’d go through every council meeting with a smile on my face, if this is my reward afterwards…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay then... So my first sex scene. I know it was short and a bit meh... But now it's out there.

Tell me what you think.

To bernardbananahammock: I just had to add Malkom. Now I've got my two favourites in my story. Yay!!

I've started the rough draft of Malting Ice (the sequal to ISL) I'm not sure that I want to start posting just yet, because then I'll have the same situation that I had with HEA and ISL. I don't want the stories to clash. I'll see how I feel after a few more chapters.

Comment!!