‹ Prequel: Happily Ever After
Sequel: Melting Ice
Status: Complete

I'm Simply Leaving

My Family Doesn't Know I'm Gay

Aiden's pov.
His home, Castle моинк, somewhere in Russia.

"Okay, that is IT! I have had enough!"

I looked up, startled by my sister's outburst. Neither of us had said a word in hours and for me the silence was heaven; as always I didn't like talking or thinking. Ever.

"I can't take this wallowing anymore! You're always in this room, sitting in the dark with that overly dramatic music playing all day long at full volume. You never come home and when you do, you just sit there. Wallowing. You never say a word and you won't even tell us what all this is bloody about," she sighed and lowered her voice, "Did you get fired? Did someone... did someone break your heart?"

I sighed, "Look, Nicole, I'm sorry about the wallowing, but it's the way I'm going to be. Until I die."

"Sweetie, did someone break your heart?" she asked again, very softly.

I sighed, again.

"No, I broke it myself and no, I don't want to talk about it. At all."

"I'm sorry. Did you love her a lot?" My family doesn't know I'm gay. "I finally found my bondmate."

A sympathetic look crossed her face and she pulled me into a hug.

"Did you quit your job?" she asked after a while of just holding me.

"Yes. I was afraid that someone on my team might get hurt if I my heart wasn't completely in it."

"Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry. About Everything."

I sucked in a breath. That's the same thing I'd said to Shane.

"The Secret Police lost a good agent, Bro," she continued.

"Thanks," I forced a smile, but I guess it came out as more of a grimace.

"If that's your idea of a smile. I don't want to know what the rest of your expressions look like," she joked.

I flipped her off and she stuck out her tongue at me.

My sister was very young, only 96, so I forgave her for her childish behavior. She was very pretty with her shoulder length hair and beautiful brown eyes.

My mother had died about six hundred years ago and my father had remarried only recently. My sister was the result of that wedding night.

I actually don't see what redeeming quality my stepmother sees in my father. He's a prick. The only reason I can think of is that he's good in the sack. Which isn’t something that I like to think of. No child wants to think about this parents having sex. Nasty.

I don't like to think about sex at all, actually. The night that I made love to Shane is the most beautiful and fantastic night of my existence. It's also the most painful to think about, so just about anything that has to do with sex is taboo.

I'm a man. Do you have any idea how boring life is without sex? But the thought of sleeping with anyone other than my lifemate is agonizing and nauseating.

"You're doing the wallowing thing again, Aiden!" She was standing with her hands on her hips.

"Sorry, Nic. It's hard not to think about your futureless existence, all the time," a sheepish look crossed my face and she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is dedicated to one of my best friends, Faithicans (Post-It.) who celebrated her 22nd birthday on Wednesday. I hope this year is filled with happiness, love and lots of funny things. Love you.

Also, Nic (aka aruchan) is one of my most dedicated readers and commenteers and so I made her a character in the story. Thank you for being so fantastic.

Please comment!