‹ Prequel: Happily Ever After
Sequel: Melting Ice
Status: Complete

I'm Simply Leaving

Obsession Over “Someone Else”

Shane’s pov.
His parent’s house.
Sunday Brunch.

“So, son, how is school going?” my father asked. As if he really cares.

“Well, I’m not failing dad.”

My mother huffed, “answer your father properly, Shane. He is paying for your college fees; the least you can do is to give him a little respect.”

I just stopped myself in time before I tried to throw an eye roll. My mother would see it and then I’d never hear the end of it.

“Yes, mom. I’m sorry dad. School is good, I’m doing well in my classes and Coach Hendricks says that I have a good chance of going pro.” As if I’d ever go pro. All I want to do is crawl into a hole and die.

“What have you heard from Kayla?” my mother asked. “We miss having her around the house. She’s such a nice girl. Why didn’t you ever ask her out? You two would have made a great couple.”

I started choking on my potato salad. “For heaven’s sake, mother! Kayla and I don’t like each other that way. She’s not my type.” In fact, no girl is. This would probably be a good time to let them know that I’m gay. I was about to open my mouth when my mother started going on about a future daughter-in-law and grandchildren and how she wasn’t as young as she used to be. I tuned out after that. I would nod my head in all the right places, but my mind was on Aiden.

What would he be doing right now? It’s late in Russia, around 6pm. He probably just got home from work or something and now he is taking a bubble bath with his “someone else.” I’d like to beat his “someone else” into a bloody pulp for stealing the meaning to my life. Just the thought of that motherfucker’s hands on my Aiden, makes me want to throw up.

There will never be someone else for me. I can’t even have meaningless sex with someone; never mind a relationship that isn’t beyond dysfunctional.
It’s hard to think that the loss of just one person, can make your whole life go down the toilet. I never thought that our relationship was complicated, but being gay, I guess it probably was. I just didn’t notice. As Mr. Spock once said: “The more elaborate the plumbing, the easier it is to plug up the drain.”

~**~

I went back to my dorm room shortly after dinner. I’d had more that enough of my parents and their criticism and when I got home, I studied for a few hours and then I ate an entire carton of chocolate ice-cream.

When I finally crawled into bed, I fell asleep almost instantly, only to dream of Aiden in the arms of another man.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a bit of a filler. I'm not really happy with this chapter either. I think it's beacuse I'm forcing the chapters. But, whatever. Let me know what you guys think.

Love
xxx