‹ Prequel: Happily Ever After
Sequel: Melting Ice
Status: Complete

I'm Simply Leaving

Crazy Bitch

Aiden’s pov.
Castle моинк.

I want him back. I want to spend the rest of my life with Shane. I want to hear his screams of pleasure bounce off of the castle walls, as we make love over and over and over again. I just don’t think that I can continue living like this anymore. If I were human, then living for the next twenty or thirty years - until my liver gave in, because of all the alcohol consumption -would still be possible. But for the next two or three thousand years? Impossible. I don’t want to continue on like this for another three minutes, never mind three millennia.

I thought back to when Kayla had come to see me, about a month ago, begging me to go save Shane from himself.

After insistent knocking from one of the servants, I finally told whoever it was to enter. My butler, Mortimer, informed me that I had guests.

I opened the door to the parlour and here stood the princessa Kaylana with the very hunky Michael by her side. My first thought was that here I am entertaining royalty and I look like shit. I’m obviously insane. Kayla looked beautiful, like always - a true princess - she was wearing a white sun dress, looking almost like Angelina Jolie at the end of the first Tomb Raider movie. A vision. And Michael? I’m ashamed to say that I find him more attractive than I’m supposed to. Although he cannot compare to my Shane.

I invited them to sit and got one of the servants to bring us refreshments.

“So,” Kayla started the conversation, “how’ve you been?”

“Just down right peachy, thanks for asking,” I replied sarcastically. At my tone, Michael stiffened and looked as if wanted to strangle me for speaking to his mate like that.

I know I’m supposed to be cordial, but for fuck’s sake! The woman who forced me into this hell that I’m residing in, shows up with the love of her life in tow, who also happens to be a bloody vampire. Not like my human mate. I’m so happy for them. They didn’t have any difficulties getting their happily ever after. While the rest of us suffer.

“Look, Aiden, I know this has been difficult for you and that I played my part, but-”

“You have no idea what I’ve been going through, you selfish bitch!” I screamed.
Michael flew up from his chair and was on his way to happily pummel me to death when Kayla ordered him to stop.

“Enough! Michael, sit down. Aiden, I understand you are mad at me, but I’m still an Ancient and I can very easily kill you.”

“Then way don’t you? Why not end this misery that you’ve caused?” I pleaded.

“Because my friend is a mess and you are the only one who can fix him. I need you to go to him.”

“He will not accept me.”

“Actually, I’ve been thinking a lot about it and I think that he just might.”

“But you can’t be sure of that. He might never be able to understand that I’m a vampire. And then I have to watch you kill him. I won’t let that happen,” I stated.

“I could never kill him. He’s my friend and he’s hurting. Please Aiden, you have to at least try,” she begged.

“And if it doesn’t work? Then what? The Ancients will only send someone else to finish him off.”

“I’ll fight for him. Give a character reference and explain that he won’t go running to the press-”

“It’s not going to work regardless. I know you have a lot of sway over the council, but you know the decision is up to the νύχτα πρίγκιπας and prince Vereham will never vote for a human to live.”

“You still have to try, Aiden.”

“Look, even if he did somehow - miraculously - accept the fact that we’re all vampires, there is no way in hell that he’ll forgive me for breaking his heart.”

“Well, not when you’re going into it with that attitude-”

“Why do I have to do all the friggen’ work? This is your mess and I don’t see why I have to go on my knees and apologise when you had it so easy bonding with your mate!” I yelled.

This time it was Kayla who flew out of her chair and yanked me out of my seat. She threw me against a wall and I saw fury in her eyes.

“Listen you piece of shit, you have no idea what Michael and I had to go through before we were finally bonded! And how dare you fucking speak to me that way. I was already an Ancient when you’re grandparents were born. I’ve waited almost four thousand years for my lifemate and fought in more wars than all the years you’ve been alive. Give me another reason to kill you, I beg of you!” She released me and I fell onto a heap on the floor. Then she very gracefully sank into her chair and picked up her teacup, taking a sip and smiling.

Crazy bitch. Michael was looking very smug and proud. I guess I can forgive him, because he’s so sexy…


They’d left after finishing their tea. I’d simply refused to go to Shane, in fear of him being killed and Kayla had not been happy. They were apparently honeymooning; touring across Europe, showing each other their favourite places. I can’t believe that Shane and I will never be able to do that. I’d wished them all the happiness and then basically thrown them out. Good riddance, if you ask me.

I’m really starting to hate vampires. None of this would’ve been a problem if I’d just been a human. Then again, if I was born a human, then I probably would’ve died in 1063 A.D. And I’d never have met Shane at all. Now, THAT would have been a tragedy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I won't be updating again for another three weeks. I'm going on vacation and I'm not allowed to take my laptop. I will try to write a bit while there but I'm not promising anything.

Now on to this chapter... Kayla's a bitch isn't she?!

The νύχτα πρίγκιπας is the Night Prince. The night prince/ princess is the name for the oldest ancient. This person is the head of the council and is basically treated like the king or queen.
The current night prince is Prince Vereham. He's about fifty years older than Kayla.

Some people seem to be a bit confused about Happily Ever After... That story is FINISHED!! There will never be another chapter.

Alrighty then, do comment!!!

Love,
xxx