What happens in New York City... Should stay there!

Chapter 02

I opened my locker and took my math textbook out. Gosh I hated math. I think its because I can't pay attention to anything so boring and my teachers couldn't be any more dead when they teach.

"Hey Marissa" My best friend Chasity said standing next to my locker.

"Hey Chas" I said slamming my locker closed and pushing a strand on my black hair behind my ear.

"You wouldn't believe what happened to me!" she said with her usual peppy ecstatic voice. We started walking and I waited for her to tell me what she was so happy about.

"What happened?"

"Well I was walking in the hall today and I bumped into Chris"

Chris was her on and off boyfriend. They were always fighting about some unimportant crap. Usually Chris was mad about the fact that he heard Chasity was sleeping with some random guy. I'm not saying that he's right but to be honest.. Chasity is kind of a slut. Big boobs, tight shirts but shes really really friendly.

"And what happened?" I said waving hi to some of my friends in the hall.

"He said he wants to get back together again because he misses me. And to make up for lost time, he wants to take me out to dinner tonight. Isn't that awesome?" she squealed with excitement.

I sighed. I was so used to this thats all I could do. "Yeah I guess so"

"Way to show excitement Marissa"

"I'm sorry I'm just so used to this already. Its kind of annoying Chas"

She rolled her eyes and sighed "Yeah whatever"

We turned the corner to the cafeteria. We walked over to our usual table. All my friends were there eating already. I said hey to them and smiled.

"Hey gorgeous" my boyfriend Austin said coming behind me and kissed me on the neck.

"Hi baby" I said and kissed him softly. I hugged him when he sat down. "Whats going on?"

Austin was awesome. He was gorgeous. He had sparkled blue eyes, a head full of blond hair and a perfect chiseled face. He was on the football team and was a really nice person. Sometimes it didn't feel right though. But who was I to complain?

--------------

After school I walked to my car and drove home. My penthouse was gorgeous. It had a room for everything and everyone. My mom and dad even had a room for if they were ever mad at each other. At my house, sleeping on the couch is like rolling in garbage.

You know what they say though. "Money can be over whelming" and thats true. My mother is an impulse shopper and she doesn't even wear half the stuff in her closet.

My parents and I don't really talk. Our conversations at dinner sound rehearsed. Its like we know what we're going to say so the conversation doesn't go anywhere else.

Yeah I wish my family and I were closer but we're not and thats just the way it is. I wasn't going to trade my life so my family could be closer. I'd rather be rich and miserable than poor and happy (was that even possible?).
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so guys I know where this story is going to go, I promise its going to be different than any other story and I think you guys will like it. Comment please & subscribe.