Status: Re-Edited - Finished!

I'm Sorry

Chapter Seven

The wind blew my long brown hair out of my face as we flew to the castle. Edmund and the gryphon he was riding were in front of me, while my gyphon dropped me lightly when it came to my stop. Edmund was already there waiting for me. When I landed, I accidently slipped a little, which caused me to start sliding down the roof. Edmund caught my hand and helped my back up to the top of the roof. He kept his arm around my waist to keep my from falling again.

“Thanks” I mumbled quietly, slightly embarrassed about my clumsiness and about the fact that his arm was around my waist pulling me closer to him.

“No problem” Edmund mumbled in response. “Ready?” he continued.

I nodded and followed him by sliding down the roof and landing behind a guard while Edmund landed on a guard. I quickly got the guard’s attention away from Edmund by tapping his shoulder. The guard turned around with his sword drown and at ready, I slashed his throat before he could even blink with my sai. Edmund looked at me quickly to make sure I was alright then flicked his torch three times to give the signal. I come up behind him, and was about to say something when it fell out of his hands and onto the ground below us getting the guards attention.

“Shit.” Edmund cursed under his breath. Edmund then turned to me and said, “Stay here.” I opened my mouth to say something but he was already gone. Edmund landed behind the guard who had picked it up, and stabbed it from behind. Another guard was on his way and Edmund was too busy trying to fix it the flashlight that he didn’t notice.

“Ed!” I called frantically trying to get his attention.

Edmund turned around just in time to block a blow the guard had sent at him. I must have brought attention to myself when I called to warn Edmund because the next thing I know I am being attacked by one as well. He was too close to use my bow, so I had to use my two sai. It’s a lot more complicated then I looks; not to mention more dangerous. The guard took a blow from ahead I blocked it with one of my sai and stabbed him with the other. He was about to double over when; I kicked him in the stomach and over the edge of the tower. He just happened to land on one of Edmunds attacker. The other guard was distracted by this so Edmund took the chance and stabbed him. That’s when I realized something; Cat and Luke were in the dungeons. I ran off, ignoring Edmunds calls behind me. I ran all the way to the dungeons, surprisingly I never run into a guard, so far. I burst open the door and killed the guards with my bow, grabbing my arrows as I ran by.

“Cat! Luke!” I called franticly. I heard someone laugh behind me. I turn around to see Matthew walking towards me, sword drawn. I raised my bow at him.

“Hello Anna,” He said

“Mathew…” I said skeptically.

“Ouch! Aren't we being rude today. Thats no way to speak to your fiancee!” Matt said get madder with each word, “That’s okay; you won’t live much longer for me to care…” Matt finished. The next thing I know I was shoved against the wall, Matt’s sword at my neck. My bow and arrows went flying somewhere, I didn’t see where.

“how could you? I loved you!” Matt sad softly, leaning in closer to me.

“I’m sorry! I’m so very sorry I never meant to hurt you…” I replied panic clear in my voice.

“No,” Matt said softly, “No you’re not sorry, if you were sorry you wouldn’t have gone to the other side!” Matt said getting louder with each word, his sword pressed harder to my neck drawling a small amout of blood from it. I was slowly reaching for my sai that was strapped to my waist, while he was talking. “You’re a nasty wench who deserves to die!” Matt yelled at my face.

“Not before you!” I hear a familiar female voice call. Matt then cried out in pain clutching his arm, bending over, I kneed him in the stomach causing him to fall backwards and hit his head on the ground. I grabbed his sword on my way out.

“Cat! Luke!” I said enthusiastically, pulling Cat into a hug, which she returned, then Luke who also returned it, kissing the top of his head. Cat had my bow so we swapped, me giving her Matt’s sword, and her giving me my bow back. Luke opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

“No time to explain, we need to hurry.” I said thinking of Edmund, and how he will probably kill me, if he gets the chance before Caspian does, or someone else. I took off running with them both at my heals. We made it back to Edmund’s post, with little interference I heard Peter call “Retreat!” I burst through the door of the tower to see Edmund in a fight with a bulky guard.

“Ed!” I called and shot the guard in the heart. I ran up to Edmund and pulled him into a tight hug, leaving Cat and Luke behind.

Edmund pulled away and havi to yell to be heard over the clashing of swords “I thought you were told to stay with me!”

“I’m sorry, you had things under control and I had to get Cat and Luke.” I said, motioning to them behind me. Edmund and I both blushed when I did this because; we still had our arms around each other. We let go of each other and Edmund said, “Doesn’t matter anymore, your safe now, just don't do it again or Caspian will have both our heads...” Edmund said slightly laughing as I did. I saw something shiny being raised, so I yelled, “Duck!” Edmund must have saw someone come up behind me as well because he yelled ‘Duck’ the same time I did. We ducked just in time, because we heard a clash right were our heads were 5 seconds ago, I see Cat protecting Luke out of the corner from a guard. I then swung my legs around behind me knocking the guard who tried to kill me to the ground. I then spun around and quickly stabbed him. I turned around to see Edmund stab his attacker. Edmund and I turned to see more guards caving in on us and this point Cat and Luke were next to me. Edmund looked around and smiled at me, I nodded, and followed suit by falling backwards my gryphon caught us, while Edmunds gryphon quickly swopped down and grabbed Luke and Cat and we took off following the remaining Narians’ back to the HOW.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!
Sam