‹ Prequel: Was It a Dream?

These Are the Lies I Have Created

Mugged

I could see the rejected frown on his face. It wasn’t like I didn’t want to, but there were more important things to be done than that. I followed him out the door, not meeting his eyes and gave my attention to my fingerless gloves. I pulled at the cut off fingers and the wrists. The ride down on the elevator was awkward. I had seen it before in movies, you go in strangers and come out lovers. This didn’t happen, we stood there in silence until we were on the ground floor.
We exited, and still silent, wandered our way back to the studio.

Rejection was my least favorite word, and I could tell it was Gerard’s too; but there was always later. With a sigh, I followed the over-dramatic singer into the studio. The bands had occupied themselves by pretending to tune their instruments and make awkward small talk about the weather. They looked relieved to see both of us come back in. Frank rushed to Gerard’s side, and I couldn’t tell if he was scolding or consoling. With a sigh, I went back to my brother and Tomo, reaching for the headphones I had abandoned and slid them so they hung on my neck.

We had finally finished recording the vocals, it was near to two in the morning. I rubbed my eyes, trying to focus on not falling asleep right in the recording studio. Coffee cups littered the area around our feet. Everyone was tired, Shannon’s head drooped as he was sitting at his drum set. We called today a successful one and were told to go back to the hotel and get rest.

I was anxious to get back to my hotel room, so quickly, I rushed along the dark streets. Out of the alley, someone appeared. They grabbed me by the throat, dragging me across the cement. A blow to my nose, a blow to my stomach, a punch to my head and I was almost passed out. They took everything but left my cellphone a few feet away from where I was. I reached for it, and making painful movements, I was able to get it. I dialed the first number that I could select. To my misfortune, it was Gerard’s. I let out a cry, “Help!” I tried to explain where I was, but everything was hazy and I was beginning to black out.
♠ ♠ ♠
fajkfks sorry it's late.