I Desperately Need You

Sick of Waiting

Kristen had been moved back into her room, and no one ever left. Other than coming and going doctors, nurses and Kenny. But other than that, me, her dad and her mom all stayed put. We sat in various spots around her bed, all of us waiting for the moment that her blue eyes sprung open and she said some witty remark about us not wasting life being glum.

Yeah, that was something she would say.

But as time passed, we all kind of… Began to lose hope.

I couldn’t help but think back to my life before Kristen. I’d always been more worried about my fans than myself, ended up tired all the time for working so much, hardly ever got to have any fun and often was surrounded by adults.

I was a strong believer in fate, and having Kristen’s dad desperately run up to me that day, it was fate. Fate had brought me to Kristen, and it better not, ever take her away from me.

I looked down at her peaceful face and then brushed some of her hair off her forehead and behind her ear. Her dad stiffened up, and I could feel his eyes on me.

“You’d better not be losing faith on us” He said.

I looked up. “Pardon?”

A sigh left his lips and he stood up, taking my hand in his, his cold finger tips pressing into my skin. “You’d better not be losing faith. She’ll pull through. She always does. Always.” He said. I could hear the hopefulness in his voice, and nodded.

“I’m not. I’m just…” I cut off, unsure of what I was doing.

“Admiring?” Her mother piped up. I smiled and nodded, looking back down at Kristen.

“She had a smile that could light up the world” I whispered.

“She did. And how does it feel, to know that often times you were the cause of that smile?”

My lips pulled up, for once a real smile adorning my face, rather than a forced one. “Amazing.” I murmured. We all smiled at each other for a minute before I got up and looked out the window, seeing a bunch of paparazzi waiting outside. None of them knew where exactly that I was, but they knew I’d been here. Someone had seen me walking back and forth between the cafeteria, the bathroom and Kristen’s room and leaked it.

“I don’t think we ever thanked you properly… For paying for that surgery.” Kristen’s mom suddenly said, making me turn away from the glass. Why was she thanking me? It was my fault that she was currently in a coma. If I’d just left things alone, they would be able to spend whatever time they had left with her in happiness, rather than waiting on the edge of their seats for her eyes to open.

Instead of saying all that, I just mumbled a lame, “It was no problem.”

Not the answer I wanted to give, but it made them smile and I think that was what was important.

Moments later, they went back to staring at her. And then suddenly, her eyes opened. Very, very slowly. But they opened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still not done.

Sorry this took so long to update... I got really busy. I hope you all don't hate me.

Anyway, comments and subscriptions please? (: