Clairvoyent Disease

Prologue.

The best part of the first day of senior year is always in fourth period Algebra II when you get a dry-erase marker thrown at your face. Okay, so that is one of the biggest lies I've ever told. But honestly, I couldn't help it that I was tired and Algebra didn't really excite me like it seemed to do to everyone else in the room.

"Ms. Lancaster, I understand that it's the first day of school, but can you pay attention, please?"

I picked the blue marker up from next to my desk and looked at the teacher at the front of the room. "Of course I can pay attention, Mr. Betty. I just choose not to." I smiled at him and chucked the marker back up to him.

Image

I grabbed my friend Caroline's arm and yanked her in the general direction of the gym. We'd just gotten out of Government and were lucky enough to have P.E. on the first day of school.

"Do we have to go, Lili?" she whined, her nose scrunching up oh-so-cutely.

I nodded my head solemnly. "Sadly, we do. Remember what your mother said? No skipping classes this year. You're almost out of here, Caroline Renee. You need to grow up."

"Oh, right." She rolled her eyes.

Caroline walked ahead of me into the gymnasium and skipped after her. I did a twirl over the threshold then came to a stop between her and Brent Peter, a junior that was in my science class.

"Don't we have a new teacher this year?" Brent had a tendency to voice his thoughts, and you could tell if it was a thought or meant to be said, out loud. This was one of those things he'd meant to keep in his head (I could tell from the look on his face), or at least whispered to someone beside him.

"Yes, you do," a voice said from in front of where we were standing.

I looked up and saw a short guy with tattoos littering his arms standing in front of me. I wondered how the fuck this could, in any way, be our gym teacher.

"I'm Mr. Seward." He smiled around at all of us a bit.

How could I be so lucky? I thought as I smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
FUCK YEAH.
HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN MEANING TO WRITE THIS?
TOO FUCKING LONG.
*coughs* Ahem.
Anyways.....
You should comment on this...
And Danet should get to work on the next chapter.
Yeah.
xo,Aleka.