Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Weeks past. I stopped going to school for a while, pretending I had some contagious sickness and needed to stay at home. Edward, my faithful big brother, stayed by my side whenever he could. Rosalie, to everyone's surprise, was just as sympathetic as Edward. She was such a comfort. I was gratefull for everyone's kindness and care. I admit, I may not have been the best company. I missed Seth. He was one of the only things I thought about. This sickened me, why was I wasting my hopeless devotion on someone that was forced to love me?
"Eliza?" It was Rosalie calling from downstairs. "Come shopping with Alice and I. It will be fun, I promise." I doubted it. Nothing was fun for me anymore. I just sat in my room, enduring so much pain that it would kill a human.
"Eliza, if you don't come, I'll force you downstairs." It was Alice calling now.
"I doubt you could force me." I called back to them. I heard their intakes in breath. That was the longest speech I had made since the bonfire.
"So you'll come on your own accord?" Suddenly Alice and Rosalie were in my room.
"Oh no." I moaned. I knew what was going to happen next. I was right, Alice pulled her signiture puppy-dog-eyes and it was the most heartbreaking look a living creature could portray on a face and who was I, a simple vampire, to refuse her what she wanted.
"Oh alright." Their reactions were instant. Sudden shrieks of happiness could be heard all throughout the neighbouring forest.
"Calm it, girls, let me change into something more appropriate." I sighed. I knew Alice would somehow force me into comming, even though I did say I would go on my own accord. Suddenly, Alice's eyes glazed over and I knew she was having a vision. She turned to look at Rosalie and gave her a look. Rosalie's eyes narrowed and she smiled. Both of them had a mischevious glint in their eyes.
"What did you see?" I asked. Whatever they saw had excited them.
"Oh. Just that there would be this super cute outfit that would look hot on you at the store we're going to. And you chose it and decided to buy it." I knew she was lying, but I went along with it, knowing they would never tell me.
"Right." I extended the word, saying it really slowly to show my disbelief. "I'm ready. Let's go."

Seth's POV
"Seth. Please stop moping." It was Leah. No one had seen her this sypatheic since Sam had left her. Of course, she had Jet now. No one couldn't believe the things coming out of her mouth. Jet this. Jet that. It was driving me insane, but at least she was happy. Unlike me.
"I'm not moping."
"Sure your not."
"Leah, please don't."
"Seth. I know what you're going through. I've been through heartbreak. It's just something us Clearwaters have to deal with. Come on. Let me take you out to try and get your mind off things." Leah was right. One of our ancestors must have done something really bad for us to deserve this heartbreak. I was sick of moping. I was sick of misery. I was sick of sympathy. So I shocked Leah when I stood up. I wanted to prove her wrong. I wanted to prove that I wasn't moping.
"Right! Let's go to Port Angeles." I ran to her car, eager to be free of the prision I called a house.

Eliza's POV
"I love this on you Eli." Alice and Rosalie were criticing all the outfits I tried on and the pile of 'keepers' was growing pretty large.
"I like this one. You guys should buy it in different colours so we can all match." They giggled.
"Sure."
After another half hour of solid shopping and giggling, we left the shop armed with numerous bags loaded with more clothes than I'd probably ever owned in my life. Another benefit of being a vampire living with the Cullens. I noticed Alice was getting fidgety.
"Hey Eli, I have to go and get some groceries for Nessie's lunch. I'm sure you guys don't need to come. Why don't you head off without me? I'll catch up." Alice left before I could reply. It was strangly suspicious.
Rosalie and I kept walking around until we stopped outside a jewlers.
"I have to go in here and pick up a present for Esme. I saw a necklace in there last week that just screams her name but I couldn't pick it up then. Could you run to the sports shop and pick up two of those Puma tops in blue for Emmett. Thanks so much, your a lifesaver." She, like Alice, ran off without letting me answer, with a mysterious glint in her eyes.
"I guess I'll go to the sports store then." I mumbled to myself.

Seth's POV
Leah and I had been walking around Port Angeles for a couple of hours. She was doing the best she could to keep my mind of things, that is, until she saw her boyfriend, Jet. Man, I hated his guts. Leah had let out a most un-Leah-like squeal and ran into his arms, leaving her poor, hearbroken, little brother to fend for himself. I decided in lack of things to do, to go check out the new Puma tops from the sports store. I walked to the shop, barely aware of the slight drizzle of rain falling on my shoulders, dampening my shirt and hair. I stepped into the store, having to duck my head to fit through the door way. I searched through the masses of clothing trying to find those Puma tops I was looking for in a size that would fit me. I bent over to squeeze through a gap in the clothes racks, only to be pushed of balance. A pair of cold arms grabbed me before I could fall.
"Watch out." I heared a sweet voice say. I knew that voice like the back of my hand, probably better.

"Eliza?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Double didgets!