Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 11

I had been searching for that blasted shirt for Emmett. Didn't he own enough already? Just as I had found them, a tall figure tripped through the clothes racks. Rather than let him fall, I grabbed his midsection carefully with my hands. This figure felt familiar, smelt familiar, looked familiar. Too familiar.
"Eliza?" He said and before I could respond, Seth grabbed me in a tight bear hug. How I missed him so.
"Seth..." I mumbled into his warm chest, wrapping my arms around his waist.
"Awwww. You two are such a cute couple." A group elderly ladies had gathered around us. What were they even doing in a sports shop?
"Oh. Thanks but were no-" The same lady cut me off.
"Can we take a photo? Bill and I were never this close."
"Looking for a new Mr. Gregs eh Holly?"
"Of course not Anne. I'm just amazed by their love. If only Bill and I had had such a passionate relationship..."
"Young love..." They sighed as they grabbed their antique cameras and snapped photo after photo. Seth just smiled. He was so kind to these poor old souls, although they were only slightly younger than I. After they had had enough of photography, the elderly ladies thanked Seth and I. I just smiled, still shell shocked. Seth, being the people-person he was, smiled his dazzling smile, chatted with them, and as they turned to leave, he bent and pecked them each on the cheek with his lips. How dare he? He was MINE. Wait. I didn't just think that, did I? I was supposed to be pushing him away, not becoming all poseesive.
"Lets get out of here." He whispered to me. He still had his arms around my waste so he gently tugged me out of the store. Once we were outside and deep in the forest, Seth turned to look at me with such adoration and longing in his eyes. I felt the look must have been mirrored on my face.
"Seth I-" I was cut of by a pair of warm lips against mine, smothering whatever excuse I may have been about to make. This kiss was filled with such emotion, it overwhelmed me, I found myself kissing back, much to my displeasure, but I couldn't fight with myself any longer. After the most perfect few minutes, I was aware of other presecnces around us. I pulled away, turning my head to see Alice's retreating figure. So she was in on this the whole time. I couldn't find it in myself to be angry at her, only thankful.
"Seth. I-I'm really sorry about the way I reacted about the imprint and the kiss just then, but I don't think we were meant to be." I couldn't drag him down by letting him love me. My past would get him killed.
"You don't mean that Eliza. You kissed me back. You know you love me too." Seth looked at me fiercly.
"Seth, of course I love you, but-" I was cut off again by his warm lips pressing hard down on mine.
"But? But what? Isn't the fact we love each other enough?" He mumbled against my lips. If only the fact that we loved each was enough. I couldn't let him get hurt because of my selfishness and greed, but I felt my will power crumble.

Seth's POV
Kissing Eliza was better than anything my imagination could have come up with. I was grateful that I had had the chance to do so. But now she was being all difficult and telling me we couldn't be together. I felt her will power crumbling against my lips. Suddenly she opened her eyes, a new ferocity in them.
"Look Seth. I know we love each other. I know we were made for each other. I know we can't live without each other. Trust me, there is no need to remind me, but we can't be together. My past will get you killed." It hurt to hear her say that, but I would die to be with her for only a few seconds.
"I'm a big boy, Eli, whatever is so bad about your past can't hurt me if that's what your worried about."
"Seth Clearwater. Listen to me. I am deadly serious. If you value your life, you can't make ties with me."
"But Eliza, I value you ten thousand times more than my life. I would die to have you for only one minute, literally."
"But I'm being so selfish, keeping you with me, if they knew-"
"Who knew, Eliza? Whoever they are can't hurt me." I saw that she only had lost most of her fight in the argument and would only need a little more persuasion. So on that note, I kissed her forehead, sliding my lips down her perfect face to her nose. I kissed her cheecks, her jaw, and stopped there. She groaned. I smirked, knowing that the imprint power could work both for her and against her.
After holding that position for about a minute, Eliza sighed, wrapping both her arms around my neck. She brought my face down so that we were level and whispered:
"Seth Clearwater. I love you and you will forever and always be mine. I will stay with you forever." I was so pleased. I instantly smiled and she pressed her lips to mine in a passionate and emotionate kiss.
If I wasn't sure that we were alone, I would have sworne Jasper Hale and his mood changer was standing right besides us making us so emotional.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, I would like to dedicate this chapter to the most awesome catie124111 for her constant support. It's AMAZING!!!