Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 13

Seth's POV
"Who's coming?" Sam asked quickly.
"The Volturi." Eliza and Edward said in unison. I ran to her, holding her hands, but she was not being so easily comforted. Eliza's face portrayed guilt, sorrow, pain and fear.
"Eliza!" Edward gasped.
"It's not my fault Edward!"
"I know it's not entirely, but-but how could you?"
"I don't know!" Eliza looked like she was going to cry. She was having a half mental conversation with Edward.
"Do you still love-" Edward was cut off by Eliza. Who did she still love?
"No! Not anymore."
"I just still can't believe you would do such a thing!"
"But I did, Edward! I did! But that was ages ago!"
"I hate him."
"So do I."
"Eliza, what's wrong?" I asked.
"No-Nothing!" She shouted and ran. Her face was full of pain.
"Leave her." Edward said. "You'll never catch her anyway." With that, he ran through the door as well. I fell on the couch, my head in my hands. My imprint was in so much pain, therefore, I was to. Jacob walked up to me.
"It'll be fine, Seth." I just growled at him.

Eliza's POV
I ran, deep into the forest. I was aware of Edward following me, but I was too fast for him. I had led the Volturi too my family and friends. Only one thing comforted me. According to Alex's description, there would only be three members coming, Jane, Demetri and Alec. I was so ashamed. Why had I even come here in the first place? But I was too selfish to regret coming. I hated myself at the moment. I would have to come up with a way of saving my family, but I would not dwell on it. I would not give myself away. I had a plan.

Seth's POV
Eliza was acting strangly, nervous in a way. She also seemed to be avoiding me. Not in an obvious way, but she was definatly trying to distance herself from me. This did not please me at all. After all that effort it had taken to get her to be with me, for it to only last a few hours. She was walking past me now, hurrying to get away.
"Eliza!" I called to her. She stopped mid stride and turned slowly.
"Seth! What a pleasure to see you!" Eliza said overly cheerful. I raised my eyebrows. She smiled apologeticly.
"Why are you avoiding me, Eli?".
"Avoiding?" She laughed. "I'm not avoiding you. Avoiding..." She laughed again. I raised my eyebrows again.
"Right. And I'm the king of France."
"I personally think you'd make a great king..." She trailed off.
"Eliza." I said, showing my displeasure and skeptism.
"Okay, so I might be avoiding you a little..."
"A lot." I corrected.
"Seth. You have to understand where I'm coming from. These vampires are coming because of me. Because I ran away from them. If they smell my scent strongly on you, you'll be a target for their attacks! I couldn't take it if you got hurt because of me! Please understand that. So if you stay away from me, just for a little longer, until after they leave, it would make me so happy. Just imagine if our roles were reversd. If the only way you could keep me safe was to stay away." I understood where she was coming from, but she was overlooking one small detail.
"But El, if our rolls were reversed, you would be doing the exact same as I'm doing now."
"I know your right Seth, but our rolls haven't been reversed, I'm still the one putting you in danger."
"What if I don't care, Eliza? I can look after myself, I'm a werewolf for crying out loud." I saw her giving in, so I knew that there was only a little more needed to be done. I pinned her against the wall and kissed her trembling lips. She was hesitant at first, then suddenly, I felt new ferocity in her. This was the most passionate I had ever seen her, or should I say, felt her? With all her actions, it seemed she felt that this would be the end of us, so I fought back, trying to subdue those emotions.
"Hey Se-"Jacob had half opened the door when Eliza used her wind power to slam it back in his face.
"Thanks" I murmed. She smiled against my lips. She seemed intent to win the battle between our emotions, wrapping her legs around my waiste, tangling her fingers in my hair. I think I had entirely lost the war now, but it didn't stop me from fighting. But Eliza seemed keen to win, and having her like this with me was beyond amazing. Imagine thinking that first kiss was the best thing ever. This was great beyond comparisson. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Eliza pushed me back onto my bed and it really began.

*Later*
"Common guys! We've gotta go! The Volturi are almost here!" Brady said, banging his fist on the door to my bedroom. Eliza jumped up and was dressed before I could blink, I have to say I was a little disappointed. She smiled at me.
"Get dressed Seth." She said softly and threw me a pair of pants. I smiled back at her, remembering what had happened between us last night. She rolled her eyes, guessing my train of thought.
"We don't have all day, Seth" I laughed, pulling the pants on. "Seth, I don't know if this is too much to ask, but... Ummm... Maybe if it's not to hard, could you maybe not think about what umm... What happened last night, around Edward? He's my big brother, and, well, he might be just a tad bit protective and ummm... Angry at you. " She looked embarassed. I got up and grabbed her hands.
"Dont worry about it. I'll keep it quiet, although Leah might not be as pissed that her 16 year old brother's not a virgin anymore now she's got Jet." She smiled sweetly and laughed, pulling me out the door.
"Eliza, we've gotta go." Edward said to her.
"Okay, just give me a minute." She said, turning to me. Edward went outside and we were alone. she stroked my face.
"Seth. I'm so sorry." She said quietly before following Edward outside.
Sorry? What on earth was she sorry for.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I guess no one was interested in guessing who was coming last chapter, but it explains it all in this chapter...
Pay close attention to the last words, they are important later on.
Oh, and also, You guys are freaking amazing! 9 people have suscribed to this story!!!! I'm
SO HAPPY!!! But you're all very quiet... A couple of messages would be lovely. Once again, thanks to catie124111, my only vocal reader so far. But don't worry, I still love all 63 of you :D until next time,

Jaz xoxo