Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 21

Eliza's POV

I ran, probably faster than I ever had, to the airport. I could have swam back to America, it would have probably been faster, but I didn't want my bag and clothes to get wet. I had to look super gorgeous for when I went back to Seth.

I wasn't sure if Seth would really want me back. I knew there was the imprint to count on, but even with that, I had done the unthinkable, I had left him. Not only had I left him, I did it in the most hearbreaking, cruel way imaginable. I just hoped he could forgive me after such a stupid stunt.

I slowed down as I reached the airport, trying not to alarm any humans. Quickly, I booked a flight, checked in my bags, and moved to the waiting area. I took a seat as far away from anyone else as I could get and picked up a fashion magazine laying on a table next to me. Casually, I flicked through the pages, my eyes scanning over the page, not really taking anything in. I couldn't concentrate on anything other than Seth, what I was going to say to him, and my friends back in Italy. I actually knew about Christina's attraction for Alec. I didn't blame her, I fell for it once too, but I was glad Chrissy might finally settle for someone, and hopefully Alec would return her feelings and treat her better than he had treated me.

I lifted my head from the magazine and glanced over at a screen displaying the times of all flights. Much to my angst, my flight, JF214, was going to be delayed due to bad winds.
I sighed and closed my eyes, using my power of the winds to calm them. As I opened my eyes slowly, I checked the screen again. I smiled briefly. My flight was on time again.
I sat their for a short while, pretending to be oblivious to the the men watching me. One approached me, but before he could come any closer, there was an anouncement over the speaker.

"Flight JF214 is now boarding." It said. I rose gracefully, keeping my eyes away from the disappointed man. I lined up, towards the back, waiting for my ticket to be taken.

I stepped onto the plane, looking for my seat. The seats were in groups of two, and when I reached my seat, there was already a young woman sitting in the seat besides mine.

She was gazing out the window, her strawberry blond hair falling evenly down her back. As I took my seat, she turned to look at me.

"Hi, I'm Kayley," She said. Her eyes were a stunning shade of green. They reminded me of my own eyes when I had been human. My mothers eyes. Edward and I had both been gifted with those eyes, where as Edward Senior, our father, had had blue eyes, and the golden hair I inherited. Edward, of course, had mothers hair. That unique shade of reddish brown. He was a spitting image of her, Elizabeth Masen. Anyways, back to the girl. She hadn't noticed my pause as I was thinking, it was too fast for her human mind to comprehend.

"Eliza. It's a pleasure to meet you." I held out my hand for her to shake. Luckily, I had worn gloves. In fact, the only part of my body not covered was my face. I wore dark wash skinny jeans, caramel coloured suede boots that came just bellow my knee, a long sleeved, white blouse, with a wispy scarf to cover my neck and of course the brown gloves. "Are you going to Seattle for a holiday? Or are you returning?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Returning, but I have to catch another plane to Port Angeles. I live I'm Forks, see." She replied.

"I live there too! Well, my brother does, and I kind of live with him." I said. I saw her face light up.

"Cool! Have you been to La Push? The beaches are SO pretty!" Kayley said. La Push. The place that held my heart.

"Yes I have. The beaches are absolutley stunning..." I could only think of he time I had pushed Seth away at the beach. If only I had allowed my feelings to do what they wanted then, I could have spent many more if those precious days with him.

"You sound depressed. Boy problems?" The way Kayley said it made me want to tell her everything. Obviously not everything, not about vampires and werewolves and the Volturi and the rest of that, but I did tell her everything about telling Seth I didn't love him when I actually did, and kissing my ex passiontly infront of him. Kayley listened patiently to everything I had to say, a huge comfort. It felt good to finally have all of it out, just two teenage girls venting out all their frustration and boy issues. If only I could live in Kayley's world for a while, just for a taste of the simplicity of it. A world where the only things you have to worry about are whether you'll pass your finals, and if you look good in skinny jeans. Anything besides your mad, vampire ex-boyfriend coming to rip you from your werewolf true love, and even if that werewolf still loves you back.

When we arrived at Seattle airport, I bid my new friend goodbye, exchanging our addresses and phone numbers. I would look forward to catching up with her again in Forks.

After I exited the airport, I headed to the nearest forest. I strapped my bag to me, making sure all the zips were done up. I did not want anything to fly out, that would be bad, very bad.

I started running to La Push, and as the putrid smell of the wolves crossed my nose, I smiled extaticly. I was getting closer! Suddenly I stopped. There was a lone, tall woman standing in my path. She was definatly Quileute, and held a defiant air around her. She opened her mouth to speak.

"Stop there, vampire."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, I completely forgot to update, and uh, I don't know how to say this subtly, but the lack of comments didn't really help jog my memory, ya' know?

Anyway, like I said last chapter, if you would like a character in the sequel to be named after you (or your choice of name) just let me know, okay? So far only one person has suggested a name for me, so for now, there are another 9 spots left!