Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 22

Eliza's POV
"Stop there vampire." The woman said. How on earth did she know I was a vampire. I checked her scent, yep, definatly human, but I picked up wolves' smell on her. "Yes, that's right. I know your secret, and I'm not permitting you into La Push." Not permitting me into La Push? Did she not know that my Seth was there? That my life depended on me finding him?

"I do beg your pardon. I don't believe you understand-"

"I think I understand enough, bloodsucker. Now come with me." I flinched at the name. She did not have the rights to call me such a monsterous ideal. But nonethless, I followed her, keeping a five metre radius distance from her tall form.

The forest was thick, I didn't worry about my skin sparkling. The woman led me to a clearing, where sat a few figures I recongnised as well as one I didn't.

Billy Black, Old Quil Ateara, Sue and Leah Clearwater, Colin, Sam, Alex, Jet, Emily, Embry, and a Quilleute girl with shoulder length black hair whom I didn't know the name of, sat on logs around the clearing.

"Tyra, good work." Old Quil said to my scowling guide. Tyra nodded, the frown on her face on her face still evident. I was very tempted to change the direction of the wind and see if her face would be set like that, but I had the feeling that my vampire skills would not be appreciated here, and besides, it seemed like Tyra's face was in a permanent lour without my assistance.

"Could someone please tell my why I am here?" I said. I couldn't think of why they would bring me to this part of forest, just outside the La Push border. I ran through different scenarios in my head, but none seemed to fit.

Everyone was looking at me, whether it was Tyra's glowering or Emily's sympathetic glance, they all had their eyes in my direction. It was Billy who finally answered my question.

"We're not allowing you back in La Push." They had to allow me back into La Push! How could they not? I was an imprint for crying out loud! And besides, me being in La Push had never been a problem before, I even went to school there.

"What do you mean?" I asked. They had better have a good answer, I could feel my heart deteriorating as we spoke.

"You've caused enough damage already." Old Quil spoke, his withered figure hunched up, a hostile position.

"Damage? I've caused no damage." I said, defending myself, but the words sounded false even in my head.

"Then you have obviously not seen Seth Clearwater recently." Seth. My heart strings tugged. My Seth. What damage had I caused him? Was it really so bad I couldn't be allowed to see him? I looked over at Leah and Sue, his sister and mother. They were staring intently at the ground. Did they hate me for hurting their brother and son? Could they really be a part of this vendetta against me? Over the time I had spent with them, I had been under the impression that they acctually liked me.

"It was to protect him. To protect the wolf pack, to protect the Cullens, to protect the ones I love." It was all the truth and I hoped they would believe me. No such luck.

"Cut the lies, leech," Tyra snapped in my direction, her dark hair flying in her face, and copper skin flushed with anger. I wondered what I had done to anger her so passionatly. If anyone had a right to anger here, it was Sue and Leah, and were they angry? Not that I could tell, they just kept their eyes to the ground, seemingly disinterested, "We can see through your loving facade. You're just a lieing, scemeing monster like the rest of your kind." Tyra continued.
My eyes flared, how dare she treat me with such disrespect! Who was she even? Did she even know me?

"I'm sorry, I don't think you realise that I am telling you no lies." I said through gritted teeth, trying to stay calm and composed.

"I don't think you realise you're not allowed in La Push!" Tyra all but screamed at me.

"And why not? I belong with Seth!" I shouted angrilly back, loosing all calmness. How dare she come and tell me I could not see the reason for my existance? How dare she stand in my path? How dare she threaten me with insulting names?

"No you don't! You don't belong with Seth! You don't deserve him! All you deserve is filthy vampire scum like yourself!" Filthy vampire scum? Was she calling Seth filthy vampire scum? Or was she saying I didn't deserve him at all? That I only deserved someone like Alec? Of all the nerve!

"What makes you say that? Do you even know me?" I was hardly aware of the audience now, but I did notice Sue and Leah had their heads held high now. Were they against me? Were they agreeing with that Tyra girl? Or were they in my defense? Would they rather their son and brother love a vampire or Quillieutte, human girl? The statistics didn't look good for me.

"You're a vampire! That should be enough, but it's not! You had your chance with Seth, you broke him! You hurt him! Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, you aren't the best? You with you long blond hair, your perfect figure, your beautiful looks? You think you're so great, don't you. But you're not! You're not the best for Seth, and you never will be." Her words cut me, like a knife through a mortal's chest, but I couldn't give in now, I couldn't show weakness, not to her.

"Why do you even care so much about Seth?" I said, scathingly. Seth had never mentioned a Tyra, I had never seen her. His best friends were the pack and Alex, not some Tyra person. Tyra's response shocked me. It even sent me stepping back.

"Because I'm in love with him! That's why I care!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so lots of drama in this chapter, and there will be more to come :) I guess I just like messing with my characters lives....

Okay, same applies with this chapter as it did to the last couple. If you would like a character in the sequel to be named after you, just give me atonement saying the name you would like :) Simple as that.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Okay, so chapter 25 contains a sex scene. Are you guys okay with that? Coz when I published it on Quizilla, it got reported and taken off... I've written a clean (but also incredibly boring) version of the same chapter, so... Just let me know, k?

Until next time,
Jaz x.