Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 23

Eliza's POV

"You're what?!" Leah spat at Tyra, speaking for the first time. Leah stood up, fists clenched, glaring murderously at Tyra, who was now cowering slightly, her offensive posture collapsing.

"N-nothing. I didn't mean to say that." Tyra whimpered. I smirked. Leah was, of course, truely terrifying, but seeing that horrid human girl, Tyra, scared, was almost life fulfilling.

"Oh I don't think that was nothing. You just said you were fricking in love with my brother!" Leah shouted, with a glower that could scare the devil. "MY brother! And in case you didn't know, MY brother has already found his other half, and he doesn't need your help!" It was nice to know Leah was kind of on my side. Well at least I hoped so.

"I agree." The Quiluette girl sitting next to Embry that I didn't know yet stood up and said. She then turned her attention to me. "Hi Eli, I'm Teal, Embry's imprint. I've heard SO much about you, don't worry, all good stuff. Pleasure to meet you." I smiled at the girl. She was so bubbly it was hard not to instantly love her. "Anyways," Teal redirected her attention back to Tyra, "I totally agree with Leah. You don't care whether or not there's a vampire in La Push, you only give a damn because it's Eliza. " Wow, peole were actually on my side. I could hardly believe it!

"Ooh! I want to talk too!" My friend from school, Alex, said. She shook off Colin, clutching her arm gently with a worried look on his face. "Okay. Firstly, I think you, Tyra, are being a stupid cow. You're being selfish. You just think you are the best for Seth. Eliza's his imprint for crying out loud. She's his other half, his perfect fit. You're so selfish, like I said, what if Eliza's what he needs? Not you." I just remembered why Alexandra was one of my best friends.
Tyra looked like she was about to cry. I couldn't find it in my heart to feel sorry for her, I was too full of hatered for her.
"Mum? What do you think? You are Seth's mother, after all. It should be your decision." Leah said, trying to control her anger.
"My son deserves to be with who ever makes him happy." Sue said quietly, her voice steely. That was me right? I made Seth happy right? Not Tyra.

"No. Seth needs to be with someone who is good for him. It's like a child. You can offer them both chocolate and brocolli. Chocolate will make them happy, but it's not good for them. Brocolli is the less desired option, but it's better for the child, it's healthy." Everyone seemed to consider her words, even me. I guessed I was the chocolate. Yeah sure I was a vampire. Sure I was supposed to be his sworn enemy, but he imprinted on me, we were destined to be together. That was sure to mean I was the best for him, surely. Yes, Tyra was Quileutte. She was of the same tribe, same race as Seth, but wasn't that classified as racism? Saying that just because I wasn't of the same race as them, I couldn't love one of them? That was just downright mean.

"Sue, Tyra's right." Old Quil said. Sue and Leah 's eyes widened and both their faces turned fiercly angry. What can I say? Like mother, like daughter.

"What do you mean? Tyra's right?" They screeched in unison.

"Eliza's a vampire. She doesn't belong here." Billy said. My fists balled up. Don't kill them. Don't kill them. Don't kill them. I chanted in my head. But it would be so easy. I contradicted myself. Just cut their oxygen for a couple of minutes, and they'd be dead. Easy. But I couldn't do that. I could do that. Don't kill them. Don't kill them. Don't kill them.

"Eliza belongs here more than some Quileuttes I can name." Leah said, glaring in turn at Tyra, Billy, and Old Quil. "Eliza is pretty much my sister."

"But she's a vampire!" Old Quil rallied.

"And? Are you being racist Quil. You get annoyed when people judge us because of our skin tone. You're just being a hypocrit!" Sue said, outraged.

"At least consider accepting Eliza." Leah growled. Billy looked at Old Quil, sharing a glance.

"We'll think about it. We can't make any promises, but we will think about it." Old Quil said.

"You'd better." Teal said.

"Yeah." Alex agreed. They left with their imprints, grimacing at Tyra as they left.

"I'm sorry, Eli. You're going to gave to stay out here tonight." Leah said sadly. I nodded.

"Leah, thankyou." I said and gave her a hug. Leah really was like my sister.

I loved her. I loved all the Clearwaters. I would never hurt them intentionally again.

So why couldn't the elders see that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this one's a little shorter. But it's kind of the build up to a lot of action :) the rest of the chapters from here on in are pretty action packed.

One thing...
Like i said last chapter, Chapter 25 will be a lemon chapter. Just in case you aren't sure what a lemon chapter is, it means a fairly explicit sex scene. I have written both a clean and a very juicy chapter. I think I will post both up so if you have a problem with the whole explicit sex stuff, you can read the clean version :)

Coolies, just letting u know :)

Bye for now,
Jaz x