Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 24

Seth’s POV

Mum and Leah came home quietly last night, suspiciously creeping into the dark house. I wouldn’t have noticed anything, but I was bored. I was sitting on the couch watching the TV screen blankly. I wouldn’t have been able to even tell you what the program was on I was paying so little attention.

“Seth?” Mum said, surprised, “Why aren’t you in bed yet?” I shrugged my shoulders. What was even the point to life without Eliza? I can’t believe I went so long without her before she came into my life. Sixteen whole years! How on earth did I actually survive those long years? It was only a few weeks after Eliza… left me… and I was struggling to even find some relevance to living.

“Seth, go to bed. You need to sleep,” Leah said gently, “Please…” She pleaded. I knew I was worrying them by my constant monotony, but I couldn’t help it. I was getting better, I knew, but I still wasn’t great. I couldn’t bare hurting my family anymore than I had to, so I slowly rose from my seat, and dragged my feet up the stairs to my room.

As I lay in my bed, I could hear my mum and Leah talking in hushed voices. I wondered where they had been so late at night. I couldn’t have been a bonfire. I would have known about it if it was, not that I would have gone anyway. Suddenly, their voices picked up in volume and I was able to make out what they were saying.

“I hate them! I hate them all!” Leah growled. Who did she hate? I hadn’t seen her this angry since before she started dating Jet. I wondered what had angered her so greatly that she resorted back to her former ways.

“I know, I know, sweetheart. Me too. I hate them too. How could they do such a thing, I don’t know.” Now Mum joined in. Who did they both hate? Why where they so angry?

“I just, can’t believe them! I used to think they were half decent! And Tyra! I frickin’ hate her guts! I can’t believe we used to actually be friends!” Leah screeched again. Tyra? That girl was pretty scary. She had been Leah’s friend at school and she always had like this freaky crush on me. It was damn weird. I, of course never thought of her as anything other than my big sisters friend, and I thought she had given up on me. At least I hoped so; I hadn’t talked to her in at least a year.

“I know, Leah,” Mum repeated, “Just get some sleep. We’ll deal with it in the morning. Eliza will be fine for tonight…” Eliza? ELIZA? They were talking about Eliza? What did they mean she would be fine for tonight? Where was she? I heard Leah walking up the stairs and into her room. I was half tempted to tackle the information out of her. What did she know about Eliza? But I let her be. Suddenly all the worrying and endless nights came back to me, and I realized just how tired I was. My mind wandering back the Eliza, my reason for existence, I fell asleep, my mind conjuring up images of her smiling face. And I, for the first time in a while, felt better. I felt happy…

*Later*

“Seth? Wake up! I made waffles!” Leah called me downstairs, sounding better than she had last night. As I walked downstairs, I looked at her warily. She grimaced at me.

“Are they edible?” I asked. Leah wasn’t renowned for being the best cook in the universe.
“Of course! Jet said my waffles were delicious.” I didn’t want to break it to her, but I knew Jet would say anything to Leah to make her happy.

I managed to swallow down a few of Leah’s waffles, trying to hide my face from her everything I thought I was going to throw up.

“So,” Leah asked conversationally, “What are you doing today?”

I looked up from my plate, “Don’t know… I was thinking of going for a walk in the forest, you know, that section just outside of La Push.” I thought Leah would be happy for me to be doing something. Anything but moping, but I was wrong. She looked up, startled. Her eyes showed her mind racing.

“No! Not the forest!” She shouted. I shook my head, confused.

“Why?”

“Errr… It’s dangerous, Seth. Way, err… too dangerous for you to be walking through there.” I raised my eyebrows at her answer. I was a wolf for crying out loud. I think I could look after myself.

“Leah, I’m a wolf. You know I will be fine.” I stood up, tucking the kitchen chair in and walking towards the door. Leah, being faster than me, got there first and blocked the exit, her arms guarding the wooden door.

“No! You can’t go out there.” She said, harried.

“Why not? I can take care of myself, Leah. You know that.” I felt like I was a broken record. When would she get the message? I was strong enough to not get hurt out there. I didn’t’ need her constant protection.

“Look, why don’t you just come to the shops with me? That has got to be a lot more interesting than going out to the forest. I mean, we’re always in the forest. It’s SO boring now… Nothing new or exciting there.” She had a point there. We did patrols in the forest, we were always there. The pack knew it off my heart. There was not a section of the forest we didn’t know like the back of our hands.

“Okay then.” Leah smiled and sighed. She grabbed her shoes and we left.

*Later*

“What’s that smell?” I asked as we drove to Forks. Leah wanted to go out there today, there was more variety there she said and we were both too exhausted to go all the way to Port Angeles.

I could smell a familiar scent. A beautifully familiar scent. I was almost too fragrant to be real.
“What smell?” Leah asked, nervously. That just added to my suspicion.

“The one that smells like… that smells like…” I knew what it smelt like! Like Eliza! My Eliza… She was here! Here!

“Leah, where is Eliza?” I said angrily to my sister.

“How should I know?” She said. I continued to glare and growl at her.

“You can’t see her, Seth, you’re not allowed.” Not allowed? Not allowed to see my imprint? What the hell? Who’s rule was that?

“Too bad. I’m going to go find her.” I said. Leah pulled the car over, knowing I would still jump right out of the moving vehicle. I wouldn’t hurt me. Nothing could hurt me if it meant seeing Eliza again.

I grabbed the door handle, freeing myself from Leah’s car. I ran, stopping traffic, across the road and into the forest.

Pft! Who came up with that rule? I’m not allowed to go see my imprint? What the hell was that? Didn’t they know anything? It seemed they forgot one very critical detail.

There are no rules you can’t break for the one love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. Sorry it took me so long to update :( But let me tell you one thing, I was doing NaNoWriMo this year (for the very first time) and I HIT the 50 000 WORD MARK!!! GAHHHH!!! I WAS SO FREAKING EXCITED (you know what, I still am!) So yeah.

OKAY, I would like to thank you all SOOO much! Okay, so I was searching up this story in my lunch break (mind you, when I was not supposed to... rebel...) and I saw that there was NINE FREAKING STARS!!!!

Oh.My.God.